EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Same, unfortunate that i claimed bags on that soon to be dead server

Like I said yesterday, it's too bad that it isn't doing well because I'm putting forth a lot of oomph on there. I might want to hold off on investing more energy into it until we see how it's doing in a month.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 415704

I giggled.

Names edited for anonymity.

View attachment 415707

To be faaaaair

Arguing with a raid leader in open channels mid-raid can be annoying AF for a raid leader. I've only raid-led on live (during SoD era) and people doing that caused a lot of confusion even if they had the right idea. Sending me a tell was much easier because if I missed something I could just modify the direction-giving a bit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I would kill myself if I had to do a CH chain in classic
Like I don’t understand how people can still be so bad at this game. Especially classic, none of the strats are a secret.

Last edited:

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
To be faaaaair

Arguing with a raid leader in open channels mid-raid can be annoying AF for a raid leader. I've only raid-led on live (during SoD era) and people doing that caused a lot of confusion even if they had the right idea. Sending me a tell was much easier because if I missed something I could just modify the direction-giving a bit.

Sure, maybe if i wasnt mezzing the entire island for an hour i could strike up a tell convo with you "mid raid".

Normally I'll let you bumblefuck your way through whatever retarded strats you want but when i can't even take a piss for over an hour because you want to be superman and pull off some sweet splitting strats that were never necessary to begin with, gtfoh.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm still enjoying Vaniki, is fun. Yeah the level 40 cap is a pretty bonkers place for the first cap, but it's only for another 2 weeks at least. Having not MoTM on classic mobs means everything is stupidly easy at 40 to raid in classic, but the guild I'm in has a few rusty people coming back so it's good practice for trying harder stuff.

I've done a few quests I've not done before, finding items I would have destroyed/vendored before and using them. Levelled up 5 chars to 40 now ready for when relaxed truebox goes in. Done the pre-quests for Greenmist, gonna do as much epic as I can, gonna do necro demi-lich cap etc. There is stuff to do, if you wanna do it. I can understand people getting bored though already. I've not done any LDoNs and hopefully won't succumb to them prior to 60, cos fuck that, right?!

I do think(hope) level 50 opens up a lot more that people can do and will bring more people in/back. Then 4 weeks later 55 and another 2 weeks for 60 where I can see the number of people boxing going way up which should help the server, will see though i guess on that.

I also hope they announce the new challenge stuff they said they were looking into before the cap is raised to 50. I think if they could come up with some better rewards and maybe make them claimable say 10 times rather than once, that would increase engagement with the server.

On the other side, I like how quiet it is. Am on UK time so not really had any issues camping stuff I want to do, which is nice. Got 2 pre-nerf CoS's for my sk and necro early on (and another when camping penkeeper in FM which was a nice surprise) and didn't have to deal with badly played SK's or mages or necro teams, heh.

So as long as the guild I'm in keeps raiding, I'll probably stay on Vaniki a while, at least it's something a bit different.
Other than farming LDON and the quests/farms you mentioned, what are most organized folks doing at level 40 to get gear in groups?

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would kill myself if I had to do a CH chain in classic
Like I don’t understand how people can still be so bad at this game. Especially classic, none of the strats are a secret.

These guys are apparently from eq2 and never played eq1. Straight virgins to eq raid content.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
In EQ2, I've been teaching raid virgins from EQ1. Strange how that cross-pollination is happening.

I should try eq2 it just seems like it isn't very popular around here. No idea why i never played it either, you would think the sequel to a game I've played for so long would at least pique my interest.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Other than farming LDON and the quests/farms you mentioned, what are most organized folks doing at level 40 to get gear in groups?

Want to know too. Think that's the issue with Vaniki. The casual group setting is LDoN, which sucks. I wish the casual group setting was natimbi/veksar/seb/nadox... but it's not.

LDoN to me, is the epitome of shitty mmorpgs. Doing a finite set amount of "something" to gain "something". I want a gamble. I want to camp something and not get it. I want to form a group and fail and wipe. I want a day in EQ where I get 5 named back to back. I want a day in EQ where a group barely kills something we weren't expecting. LDoN is not that, and I refuse to participate and that's affecting my interests in Vaniki. Wish they would have disabled it.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Want to know too. Think that's the issue with Vaniki. The casual group setting is LDoN, which sucks. I wish the casual group setting was natimbi/veksar/seb/nadox... but it's not.

LDoN to me, is the epitome of shitty mmorpgs. Doing a finite set amount of "something" to gain "something". I want a gamble. I want to camp something and not get it. I want to form a group and fail and wipe. I want a day in EQ where I get 5 named back to back. I want a day in EQ where a group barely kills something we weren't expecting. LDoN is not that, and I refuse to participate and that's affecting my interests in Vaniki. Wish they would have disabled it.
LDON is distilled

hamster-wheel.gif

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Guild gets SoI in hate. Not bid out as it’s being saved for guild use in Sky at Bees.

Guild goes to sky, gets to bees. Doesn’t use SoI - reason : “Our primary focus last night was keying the 30 or so people who didn't have a single sky key yet, which was stated at the start of raids, originally there wasn't much intentions to even try to kill the bee boss.”

This is Yelinak.

Ecko

Trakanon Raider

Not sure about the rest of the server, but our guild is doing mini raids in Veksar and a lot of people charming in chardok/velks/natimbi etc. Anywhere that has decentish drops it seems.

Hopefully be trying Kael tonight, see how that goes.

Finally got my chanter to 40, so will see what shenanigans I can get up to with a chanter/cleric/shaman trio. Thinking some lower PoP zones might be doable. But mostly want some better items for my tank, heh

• 1Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Vaniki has actually been the most fun I've had on a TLP since probably the Underfoot-->Rain of Fear stretch on Selo. Unlike a lot of the autists in this thread, it does not bother me whatsoever that it isn't a viable server long term or that its population isn't great.

1. I don't RMT and I don't own shares in DPG, so why in the fuck do I care if the server is successful business wise?
2. Unlike the legion of people who literally reroll on every TLP, never last more than a few months, and tell themselves "this was the one I was in for the long haul", me and the crew I'm running with are actual TLP veterans who knew we weren't rolling on Vaniki long term. It's fun right now, it literally does not matter at all if it isn't fun in 6 months, that's long after most of the serial TLPers have quit anyway, so how is that different from any other server you flame out on?

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users