EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
The pro strat is to go and farm up the wasp and bixie banestrikes ahead of time for the big dps. Even Wizards get in on the action.

Leaked strats actually being done in guild today. But you forgot fairy dragons outside MM for that banestrike also.

Told you, they are going all out. Starting Sky clear at 5:30, first bee pull at 7:00! Be there or be square.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1654638702945.png

Being a meleer on Vaniki and fighting level 50's mobs kinda blows

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I went to Natimbi today. That is probably the ugliest zone I've seen in any game. Wasn't helped by the throng of all-blue players on the moon cheese or potato lions.

The underwater section is cool though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Banestrike is actually good in this era. I did the full Death Incarnate cheevo (or whatever it's called) on Phinny to get Banestrike down to its lowest possible cooldown time. However by then it's like 0.2% of your DPS. Or maybe 0.02%, can't remember. It's kinda funny that the cooldown-reduction aspects of Banestrike are locked behind cheevos that aren't even completable until level 95 / VOA because they require Alaran mobs, and by then it doesn't matter much as an ability.

Unrelated thought, always thought it was weird how Kunark not only had roaming beefed-up versions of Naggy and Vox who dropped their loot, but also....Severilous. Like why didn't he have a classic version? Back in 2000 or so, and this is probably OCD, I always thought they were gonna add a third classic dragon that looked like Sev and just hadn't gotten around to it or something. My theory was that it'd be in some even-lower Guk zone, Lowest Guk or whatever. Course none of the Severilous Jr stuff happened, but eventually "Deepest Guk" was a thing.

It still kinda bothers me that Severilous exists in this weird bubble where he doesn't represent any classic dragon.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I went to Natimbi today. That is probably the ugliest zone I've seen in any game. Wasn't helped by the throng of all-blue players on the moon cheese or potato lions.

The underwater section is cool though.

Yeah Natimbi is fugly. Back when GoD first went live, that was also the only zone that most of the playerbase could actually fight in. Muramite procs would shred tanks in-era, so people would be forced to sit in Natimbi farming their AAs from non-proccing mobs.

It's a shame because GoD has some seriously cool zones in it, like Barindu. The whole temple theme is one of the things that made me want to return to the game 3 years after leaving during Luclin-era. In era (early 2004) though, not many players got to see much of it. And the first zone is such a low-effort marvel.

No wonder everyone left / has bad feelings about GoD. Vaniki is actually kind of accurate to the original GoD experience, with everyone in Natimbi or the beginning of Qinimi.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
anyone got some ideas for vaniki druid solo? i tried charming in natimbi but man no tash sucks - hynids constantly break

i did all 4 LS quests and PoK mask so anymore ideas?

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I'm in this raid now it's wild. Some chick left the guild over not wanting to do a ch chain. Some quality drama on day 1.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
We just had a "Spiroc Guardian respawned?" after they killed him...before killing all the other birds.

2 hours in, Spiroc Lord still lives. EDIT : Dead! BEEEEEESSSSS!!!! (soon*)

Top guild on Yelinak, my friends.

Bazzt Zzzt can't stop 68 of the finest Yelinak raiders.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Banestrike is actually good in this era. I did the full Death Incarnate cheevo (or whatever it's called) on Phinny to get Banestrike down to its lowest possible cooldown time. However by then it's like 0.2% of your DPS. Or maybe 0.02%, can't remember. It's kinda funny that the cooldown-reduction aspects of Banestrike are locked behind cheevos that aren't even completable until level 95 / VOA because they require Alaran mobs, and by then it doesn't matter much as an ability.

Unrelated thought, always thought it was weird how Kunark not only had roaming beefed-up versions of Naggy and Vox who dropped their loot, but also....Severilous. Like why didn't he have a classic version? Back in 2000 or so, and this is probably OCD, I always thought they were gonna add a third classic dragon that looked like Sev and just hadn't gotten around to it or something. My theory was that it'd be in some even-lower Guk zone, Lowest Guk or whatever. Course none of the Severilous Jr stuff happened, but eventually "Deepest Guk" was a thing.

It still kinda bothers me that Severilous exists in this weird bubble where he doesn't represent any classic dragon.

I think they added Tal and Gor after they made it so anyone over level 52 couldn't engage Vox or Nag. That way people could still get their epics and CoFs and whatever.

Not sure if Sev was there before or got added with them, but going back and adding another under 53 dragon to classic wouldn't have made much sense for them

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
I'm terribad at this game but some of the pug folks the last couple days are making me look like a rock star.
SolB pug last night and cleric goes LD so lead grabs a shaman to rep. Every time the shaman gets agro he runs out of the zone. Literally, he runs away every time he gets hit. Why would he get hit you ask? Because the lead decided the monk - the guy without aggro management - should tank because he's a level higher than the ranger (who had been fine with aggro to that point). The chanter left after the first wipe, so lead repped him with a mage. For reasons. After the third wipe, lead says, "I'm tired, good night" and just disbands group.
It's like some people are actively trying to ruin other people's shit.

• 2Worf

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
CH chain lasted 4 tank deaths before is became SPAM HEAL....

But the good guys of Yelinak beat eye!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Killing a Sphinx, someone aggro's Sister. Since no one was told how to tank/heal beforehand, Sister went wild and just killed everyone.

About to pull eye - clerics getting the CH chain up and running.
No one was told how to tank it? It’s the same as tanking a rat in Qeynos. Attack from behind, heal the tank.

Last edited: