EQEMU Boss Fights

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Emperor Ssraeszha vs Cursed Cycle would be a great fight, and from a lore perspective it makes sense as well.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Keep in mind though, the database has a lot of inaccurate data. Tunare for example is actually level 70; the level 66 version disappears when attacked and spawns the 'real' version outside the tree. She hits for a range of 165-925.

scal_sl

shitlord
Done a lot of these on Morell Thule in my time.

I wasn't ever able to find a solution for having NPCs with AOEs hit other NPCs with those AOEs. Also, any NPC made after POP was not properly functioning.

Let me know if you have fixes to either of those problems.

Keep in mind though, the database has a lot of inaccurate data. Tunare for example is actually level 70; the level 66 version disappears when attacked and spawns the 'real' version outside the tree. She hits for a range of 165-925.
There are different Tunare NPC IDs that correspond to both of these. You can spawn the spawned Tunare. The same goes for different IDs for different versions of Cazic Thule, Innoruuk, etc.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Does anyone else remember when you could charm a bat to attack the Priest of Discord by Kelethin, and the guards would aggro and kill him?

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
There are different Tunare NPC IDs that correspond to both of these. You can spawn the spawned Tunare. The same goes for different IDs for different versions of Cazic Thule, Innoruuk, etc.
Am I correct in assuming that you guys are using Project EQ's database? I've been working to make the classic to PoP eras more accurate since the Al'Kabor shutdown notice because PEQ's info is very wrong, and to that end I've been parsing logs and suiciding on raid mobs the last few weeks.

Some examples:

PEQ database has level 70 Tunare at 300k hp, 678-1125 damage. Actual Tunare has twice that HP and hits for 165-925.
PEQ database has Vulak's damage as 680-1488. Actual Vulak hits for 289-954.
PEQ database has Avatar of War's damage at 359-1354. Actual damage range is 299-1154.
PEQ database has Velious revamp Cazic Thule at 300-850 damage. Actual Cazic hits for 220-600.

I can't find a single uber mob with correct stats. And these are the easy to parse stats; stuff like AC and atk would be almost impossible to determine. Not that the emus use the same formulas that Sony does anyway.

Herv_sl

shitlord
Sirran the Lunatic vs Priest of Discord
This one was over so quickly I didn't get a screenshot!

Emperor Ssraeszha vs Cursed Cycle would be a great fight, and from a lore perspective it makes sense as well.
This is awesome and I will see if I can get that going.

Does anyone else remember when you could charm a bat to attack the Priest of Discord by Kelethin, and the guards would aggro and kill him?
Oh Yes.
smile.png

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Early Zek charms were a bitch. More than a few folks killed their own guards. I got charmed then feared into the volcano outside SolA. Lost all my shit.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Gotta put Vulak up against the four warders, then see how much of a dent he can put on Kerafyrm.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Bring all the ToV dragons to ST and see if their combined might can bring down the sleeper.

Herv_sl

shitlord
Sorry haven't had much time to do anything with this.

The ST suggestions have a lot of potential, will whip up something soon!

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
They removed the ring event years ago, and I think they changed his damage when they did it. I still have a log from when I tanked him back in 2001, and it has 87 hits from him in it, which is many times over the number of hits required to determine the min and max hits with certainty. I can generally determine it from a dozen or so hits, using the DB/DI formula.

On his ZAM page you can see a comment from 2005 that says he hits for 'about 1k'. So he was changed after that date, apparently.

Vulak was always known for being easy to kill and Vyemm was the hard one, so maybe Sony just figured they would buff him long after he was relevant.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, Vulak was free loot. The fight itself was very easy, just a matter of how well your clerics were able to conserve their mana. The only thing he had going was a super large health pool. Something like 750k when the next closest was maybe 400k (I think it was Lord Yelinak). Health pools didn't really get crazy until Luclin, when every boss was around a million. I would even guess the burrower guy in The Deep was that high.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Vulak was a little bitch. He dropped Gharn's though, and I rocked that shit+primal with the proudness until I got Ssra weapons.