Eqemu server running the old Halloween scripts through end of month

Irongut_sl

shitlord
If you are totally bored and have an inkling for some halloween events, the server I've been tooling around with to learn Perl is now public and running the old style EQ Halloween events.

You'll find it as "Innorruk Max Level 50 Server" in the eqemu server list.

Website hosting files if you (like me) use the Underfoot or newer client and need the old versions of commonlands, freeport and the arena:
http:\\ashenbee.servegame.com

The EXP rate is really, really slow by default but I will be tweaking it faster for levels 1-20 until November.

If enough people actually play it I'll keep it running indefinitely.

If not I'll have to go hang out with my wife.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Do you happen to have a list of the events themselves?

I only recall the skeletons in Qeynos Hills and the werewolves in the Commonlands.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's an event in Rathe Mountains that involves a quest, a drop from a mob, a few pages of dialogue, a turn in that spawns a tougher mob...

And that's as far as I got on it.

Oh. I don't think you can zone out of Rathe Mountains unless you can port / gate until the script runs to completion.

Silver Knight of the Realm
There's an event in Rathe Mountains that involves a quest, a drop from a mob, a few pages of dialogue, a turn in that spawns a tougher mob...

And that's as far as I got on it.

Oh. I don't think you can zone out of Rathe Mountains unless you can port / gate until the script runs to completion.
This. It was skellies in QHills, werewolves in WC and then all kinds of shit in Rathe. Dracoliche and black unicorn mob models. Can't recall much past that. Can confirm that you couldn't zone out without port/gate. I had a char stuck in zone until Hobart ended the script when they did it on EQMac.

Tol_sl

shitlord
I want to say there was some stuff in east karana and everfrost too.

Edit: The North Karana beetle swarm was the best scripted thing ever.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I got smooshed by nightmares or something in Rathe Mtns that I think were part of the event. Sucked pretty hard since my bind was far away and this was a noob char.

Irongut_sl

shitlord
The scripts are part of the optional SQL files in the PEQ database. The Halloween events enable hundreds of spawns, and I'm aware of these zones having special event creatures:

East Commons
Qeynos Hills
Feerrott
Rathe Mnts

There are probably more zones than this, though.

I've added a serious 'undead problem' in East Commonlands, if you like the sound zombies make when you hit them (like I do) then you'll be good to go.

Siliconemelons

There was some stuff, on live at least in the East Karana I believe- the one with the big long ramp to highpass. I ran into some odd shit there while trying to get to commons.

Irongut_sl

shitlord
The weather was so bad last night we stayed in and some fun last night fighting off waves of zombies and skeletons. I've disabled the Halloween scripts but I'm planning on Christmas / New Years stuff to do late December.

For those wanting to find a new EQ fix until the next big game comes out, can try this server.

Here are some key features:

The server is meant to he hard. EXP rates are slow. Real slow. Exp loss and losing items (stay on corpse) on death starts at level 5.

All items are droppable (no-drop flag is turned off for all items). Old style drops are in, like JBoots and manastone and Scimitar of the Mistwalker.

Multi-Boxing is allowed.

Old world content. No Kunark+ expansion zones besides Crescent Reach and connecting zones to Highhold Pass. (No plane of Knowledge or Nexus!)

Vet rewards are enabled, level 51+ AA are not available.

Original zones, including East and West Commonlands, Steamfront and Freeport are used when possible. (exceptions: Highhold pass, Hateplane due to pathing).

Old-world endgame encounters were made harder due to changes in the modern clients. Good luck.

Prices of many items, like the standard armors and weapons, are reduced to be actually affordable.

This is a hybrid server, with the newer client (Underfoot+) in mind, but in the old world. All races are usable, with Iksar and Va Shir starting in Crescent Reach.

Spawn competition is encouraged, but excessive training of people,and using exploits results in a ban if caught (or enough people complain about you).

Make sure to UNCHECK the tutorial button at character creation screen - otherwise you will end up in Crescent Reach even though you wanted a different start zone!

Download the patch off of the website(contains old versions of zones) and apply to client. I use the Underfoot client as it is very stable. Backup before overwrite.

(if you need help getting a working client, PM me).