EQMac Now Free to Play

KrimzinIV_sl

shitlord
No idea but apparently it does just get reset. Hobart is on right now quoted as saying "I'm thinking about possibly adding in an event for the next time someone wakes the sleeper" "Thinking possibly de level back to 60"

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
eqlog_Torven_52.txt 891121 [Mon Jan 14 17:50:22 2013] Hobart tells alliance:1, 'the Sleeper script idea was one of the dumbest ideas ever implemented. Great for a social experiment, crappy for actual MMO gameplay.'
I love it when GMs aren't useless and care about the server.

Also, everybody pretty much knows who I am in-game and that I wrote this how-to guide many people follow to use the hack. I never got shit from anybody for it. The community here is pretty nice.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hobart tells alliance:1, 'It won't poof, but the network packets will change, and spell data. Soo...' is what he said when asked if the PC hack would break on his next update.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Secrets keeps mentioning that she regrets releasing it in the first place, so I wouldn't bet on her releasing another one.

When Hobart patches this client out, I will no longer be playing any games at all for the forseeable future; with the possible exception of p99 Velious if that ever comes out. Sad times.

I mourn the loss of the gaming industry.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I just bought a MacMini for my secondary comp. It's a good online and video machine plus its all set for EQ Mac.

Secrets keeps mentioning that she regrets releasing it in the first place, so I wouldn't bet on her releasing another one.

When Hobart patches this client out, I will no longer be playing any games at all for the forseeable future; with the possible exception of p99 Velious if that ever comes out. Sad times.

I mourn the loss of the gaming industry.
If it comes to the PC client not working, we could just dual boot a mac os on our PC's.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
As far as I know, that depends entirely on your machine's hardware. OSX won't run on just anything.

It may work on my new ivy bridge, but my old Athlon XP and Zacate netbook sure won't run it. So I get to kiss 6 boxing and AoEing goodbye.

It's a shame too, because I know a trick that will make my last video look like child's play, but I need more time to develop my characters to do it. At least for now, I'm going to keep playing as if my access won't be cut off, even when I'm doing many hours of tedious armor mat farming. I'm just itching to gear and level a tank and do PoP zones. I may squander several hundred dollars on a cheap 2nd hackintosh to enable more boxing if I can confidently get it to work, even though I really shouldn't.

I just find it ironic that PC users are the ones left out in the cold. Like bizaro world.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Hobart isn't intentionnaly patching this to break it though, it's just a side effect of the client and server patches he's about to implement. I'm quite sure someone will come out with the modified client to make the PC hack work again, it doesn't seem that hard to figure out. Secrets isn't the only person able to do this.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Pretty surprised he reset the sleeper. All the crying in the world didn't change things on live.

Macfag tears are special tears I guess.