EQMac Now Free to Play

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd be tempted to log in but I'm too lazy to install the pc hack just to run around my ole toons, my mac needs a new psu.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
not that it matters to me a whole lot now since i was playing on a PC, but what else changed in the patch?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
On official forums:

Hobart_sl said:
All the changes that were only on the Test client (i.e Beastlord MGB AA) are now on the live client.
New spell file with changes to Pacify (10min duration)
Various other bug fixes I made many months ago.

Celestial Regen and Renew are group and last twice as long.
Bazaar price saving is fixed.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Hopefully this includes the fix to nodelay and other bugs I sent to him. Glad to see him taking time out of his day to do this.

As for the PC hack, no comment at this time.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Macintosh nerds thinking pc client will stay dead.

RMT has reached your server. It will not die easy.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been really busy at work lately and was looking forward to firing up some EQ mac after it was all over. No PC hack is sadface.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Stick to your guns and don't forget that you apologized for even creating the hack.
This is the plan currently. I am not the irresponsible person that I used to be, and do not flip flop on issues like I used to. The decision stands that I will not be updating the PC Client patch, but I cannot stop someone else who will decide to do so.

Though, remember, security by obscurity doesn't work 99% of the time. If it's not me, chances are someone else that's not me will do it.
I laid out a good plan to Hobart to fix everything for good a year ago. Hopefully he listened to some of that.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Well, Maskoi is already asking for people to send him the updated eqgame.exe so I'm sure the PC hack will be updated shortly.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I haven't followed this a whole lot but why are people so against PC players on here? Seems like you'd want a higher population.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am going to simply guess the PC hack client allowed for a lot of hacking and 3rd party programs that otherwise wouldnt work on the Mac client.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I haven't followed this a whole lot but why are people so against PC players on here? Seems like you'd want a higher population.
Because you can currently use this when you're playing from Windows, but not OS X:

rrr_img_41654.jpg

Methods for warping, GK, etc. have been possible from the OS X side since before the PC hack happened and also before F2P, but the ways to do it were not released publicly. At least nowhere near as easy to find or figure out as these ones are.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
like the 1 dude said f2p is what killed this server because just like emu players getting banned for hacking carries no weight when u aint paying for ur shit

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Now I'm sad I burned out last winter sitting in FG for many hours and camping that stupid ring.

One motivation I have to make my videos is to record some memories of a server I might be cut off from at any time. Although the funny thing about EQ, it eats up so much of your time that being cut off is a blessing in disguise. I did have a couple ideas for new videos though; I even just finished collecting resist gear for one of them yesterday. Oh well.

It just seems like such a waste to make this classic server mac only. There just aren't any other MMORPGs to play other than p99. Once again I will play nothing instead of something else.

Hopefully the population drop won't tempt Sony to discontinue the server entirely.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now I'm sad I burned out last winter sitting in FG for many hours and camping that stupid ring.

One motivation I have to make my videos is to record some memories of a server I might be cut off from at any time. Although the funny thing about EQ, it eats up so much of your time that being cut off is a blessing in disguise. I did have a couple ideas for new videos though; I even just finished collecting resist gear for one of them yesterday. Oh well.

It just seems like such a waste to make this classic server mac only. There just aren't any other MMORPGs to play other than p99. Once again I will play nothing instead of something else.

Hopefully the population drop won't tempt Sony to discontinue the server entirely.
Obligatory: "can I have your stuff"?
wink.png

*edit*
In all seriousness, if there are any PC hack Mac players who will not be returning I would be more than happy to give your stuff a welcome home. Daddy got twinks to feed!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
like the 1 dude said f2p is what killed this server because just like emu players getting banned for hacking carries no weight when u aint paying for ur shit
Also, bans on AK are extremely rare because the report function doesn't work. You have to take a screenshot and submit it to SOE through the website or something.