EQMac Now Free to Play

antha124

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally broke out of 40 last night grouping in EC charm killing the whole zone. Antha - 41 enchanter Slimso - 32 monk. Hit me up in game if anyone wants to group!

Edit: oh yea and that bazaar fix was spot on. So much easier now instead of going through 40 traders trying to find something you want. Found like 3-4 spells i didn't have before.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Anybody interested? Requirements are: must be able to 3 box comfortably; own at least two physical machines; be good at the game; not be an asshole.
Id be down if i am not raiding, look me up, LOH and i used to box the easy tov dragons (west?) and it was cake/fun !

Not sure why anyone would need 2 machines. My new comp from last year normaly runs 8-10 clients with no hickups. Each client gets its own desktop with Virtual Dimensions which lets you to seemlessly CTR-* to any client at any instant. This is a must as ALT TAB is very difficult doing harder contant as ALT can get stuck and there can be a delay in finding the right client, which can often mean a wipe as you need that cleric or ench casting NOW!!. I often will put 2 clients on one desktop as i run dual 22 inch monitors. Typicaly this will be the first desktop with my main, then i just ALT between. It is possible to get a CTR bug which requires relogging, but it seems more rare then the ALT bug.

PS -- how do i use a Hex editor to do the bazaar fix? I tried last night and messed up a copy of my .exe

antha124

Lord Nagafen Raider
I used HxD to open/edit eqgame.exe.

for hex editor, the addresses should be:
6102 06
613B 0C
613F FC

So take the first one, scroll down to 00006100 and change the original 08 (which is offset 6102) to 06. Do the same for the other addresses.

rrr_img_42018.jpg

Fish1_sl

shitlord
I would help Torrid but I reckon I'm several months behind you, maybe a year or more. I love my 6 box but progress is very slow for me, and I plan on levelling up a bard and shaman as soon as I can as well so that I can do some shakerpaging to speed things up a bit. So yeah I got a year or so of work ahead of me. Just hope the server can last that long :/

Nester

Vyemm Raider
As I understand it you can not shakerpage on a PC only a Mac or hackintosh. I have been told that on a PC you will go LD before the proc instead of after thus getting no kills. I hope I am wrong and welcome anyone who has paged on a PC to speak up.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
Ah that would suck! I will find out. There is a guy on the server called Surron who does it a lot and he is friendly and shares info. I also know he multi boxes so I assumed he was a PC user. But he may be on mac, will have to ask.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Could always shakerpage with an amount of mobs that wouldn't cause the zone to crash. That works too.

I also know he multi boxes so I assumed he was a PC user.
Does not compute. All multi boxers must be on PC? lol

Fish1_sl

shitlord
Well for some reason I thought most were because macs are expensive so you'd need an extra decent one to multi box. But yeah I am probably wrong :p I will have to find out for sure about shakerpaging though, before I go through the trouble of levelling up 2 new characters especially.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
People that multi box usually do it on one computer these days, those that have multiple physical computers seem like the exception. Pretty much every single OS X player boxes on a single computer, that's what the Spaces (virtual desktops) are for.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Not sure why anyone would need 2 machines. My new comp from last year normaly runs 8-10 clients with no hickups.
Because PoP content requires charming, kiting, and handling multiple high DPS mobs at once.

What I'm really looking for are some regulars to group with; not just a one-time deal. (although that would be fun too) Maybe have our own IRC channel to communicate in or something so we can alert each other out of game for pops.

What I don't want is to be a mini-Malignant. Not to knock them or anything, it's just the more characters you're boxing, the less effective they are and the slower the 'raids' become. Clerics and druids in the rotation and wizards are more forgiving in that regard though. I want a happy medium of a small number of humans all 2-4 boxing each so we don't end up dying to stupid shit because we're trying to do 6 things at once. Certain tactics sort of require it anyway. (charming)

Juice_sl

shitlord
I'm not on so much (and kinda suck at 3+ boxing) but you will find excellent high-playtime boxer pals in huffwins and darchon

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I've no doubt as to their abilities as players, but they are already decked out in time gear, and for them to kill ToV mobs or farm Lcea with me would be nothing but charity and I have no idea why they would want to put themselves through that. I was hoping to find some people who also needed gear from these encounters.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Torrid - Is there a way to edit the HotkeyNet script to adjust the window positioning in EQW.ini?

I usually stagger them like this:

Box 1:
1024by768X=1
1024by768Y=-10

Box 2:
1024by768X=1050
1024by768Y=-10

Box 3:
1024by768X=2100
1024by768Y=-10

Box 4:
1024by768X=2900
1024by768Y=-10

Between each load, I hand change the value in EQW.Ini and save so that the screen positioning is staggered for each character. I believe you had mentioned before that you can have a script adjust the data in the files, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I don't move my windows, as I use 3 physical machines, but try the SetWinPos comand. i.e. <SetWinPos 1050 -10>

If that doesn't work, use the Run command to execute a batch file that will copy an already edited eqw.ini file before executing eqw.exe. i.e. <Run C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe "/c C:/MyBat.bat">

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I forget. Can Mac minis run EQMac? Or alternatively what's the cheapest, lightest solution (I refuse to buy an eMac again). I don't want to deal with PC Hack getting broken.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
Just run it on your PC! If it gets broken again, then you can buy a mac. But I think this PC breaking thing was a one off, and it wasn't even deliberate.