EQMac Now Free to Play

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Guilty by association is a fool's idiom.
Nirron was in TR and it still won't stop me from calling TR a bunch of shit bags. If for no other reason than it's easier than saying "TR are a bunch of shit bags except that one dude who is super awesome" every time.

However a guild isn't a race. If the guild refuses to remove troublemakers and those who make the guild look bad, then people will assume that the behavior is condoned. Particularly when 9 times out of 10 my encounters with a certain guild are not only negative, but sometimes extremely so, on top of their reputation for hacks, exploits and RMT. I haven't had many, or any, encounters with TSE in particular because I wasn't high enough level at the time, but I sure as fuck did with their previous incarnations on p99.

Incidentally even from a non-ethical point of view, it makes a lot of sense to remove these people even if they are skilled players. TR lost out on not only me but several of my hardcore friends. (several of whom are ex-FoH alumni) In fact I was motivated to join their competition and I took great satisfaction in playing a pivotal role in denying TR a few kills. (at least until I got fed up with the incompetence plus the poopsocking and quit the game, which didn't take long)

Falkensyn_sl

shitlord
In as monk/shm pils/peer. 23 and 31 atm, trying to hustle up some plat for when someone eventually puts icewurm fang up in baz

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
For all you HotkeyNet PC users: I discovered something yesterday that you might want to use.

<SetActiveBackgroundWin> will switch window focus without bringing the window to the top, so you can hit your macros that change focus to another client and back again without it briefly popping in front of the window you want to stay active. This brings us a little closer to sending commands to background windows.

For example:

Would replace

It will however still have the same limitations as before. I.e. if you hit it while moving you will stop moving.

It will also not prevent the stuck movement key problem that occurs at random when you switch window focus in HKN. If anybody finds a solution to that, I will love you forever.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
What would you say is the ultimate AOE group Torrid? I am assuming Bard, Cleric, Wiz, Wiz, Enc, Enc?

Really losing motivation to grind through these 50's now with my current 6 box. It has been so much fun from 1-50 but now I am getting bored, its slow and tedious. I miss grouping too, and I can't really group or I will have one character that is higher than all the others.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I find myself in that same place Fish. I dropped one of my boxes to be more group friendly just one time in the last 2 months and my shaman is still 4 levels behind because of it. I really would like to group more but messing up my 5 box dynamic seems not worth it to me.

Maybe I'll just level the tank up way higher and use him to help level the rest.. it's a tough call.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
Yep same. I just need to motivate myself to get a few more levels and then I can move somewhere more interesting and camp an item. But also tempted to start a new 6 box that does AoE craziness. Seems like the way to go, so much faster and just as fun.

Juice_sl

shitlord
I can poj flag you guys tomorrow (this morning) if you want so you can do Valor and CoD. otherwise /autojoin temerity:fnord and ask them to help you get a poj trial done (they will do it)

why dont we /autojoin foh:foh so i can see who is who?

Fish1_sl

shitlord
Are they good xp zones? Very kind offer by the way! Thanks for that. I'll hopefully be able to play in about half hour or so.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
What would you say is the ultimate AOE group Torrid? I am assuming Bard, Cleric, Wiz, Wiz, Enc, Enc?

Really losing motivation to grind through these 50's now with my current 6 box. It has been so much fun from 1-50 but now I am getting bored, its slow and tedious. I miss grouping too, and I can't really group or I will have one character that is higher than all the others.
That would depend on what where and how you AoE. For outdoors zones, a bard puller would probably be preferable-- or even some indoor zones. Usually for indoor dungeons however, you'd want a beefy high resists tank. Although if you're pulling something like the caller caves, you'll need a puller with DA if you're pulling full 4 keg caves. (cleric works) You'll also probably need DA if you're pulling massive open outdoor zone trains. (bards can DA, but it's shorter) Keep in mind though, that the extra bard velocity won't help you much if the mobs just leash on you after outrunning them a distance. However a bard lets you do more frequent, smaller, and safer pulls and maintain a similar kill rate due to mana song. Not sure how much PBAoE damage they can do. Bards also don't need SoW. I suppose it's a matter of preference. Having a tank also allows you to do non-AoE content, which is probably the biggest selling point.

The problem is you play on a single PC though, and I don't see you AoEing large pulls without the ability to send commands to non-focused windows. You have to put delays between window switching, and those are delays that will be between your color stun casts. Add in the occasional fizzle plus general lag from so many mobs around and you'll have wipes. Even with my 3 physical machines it is slightly more dangerous for me to AoE than a mac user who can spam keys to background windows. I set up my hotkeys so that the amount of switching to the wizards was absolutely minimized; i.e. enchanters would get key spam for a certain amount of time before the wizards got a command to nuke that would for sure be up by then.

Damaged_sl

shitlord
Hi,

I put together a little multiboxing tool in Autohotkey for the PC client with 48 customizable hotkeys. This is just something I put together because I didn't want to use Hotkeynet and had some AHK experience beforehand.

EQMac Multiclient tool 0.98

Hope it'll be of some use.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
We used a bard to ae lower magic resist and to ae buff, that usually let us keep it out of the group. With the lowered MR song rolling you can pull it off with only one enchanter, but for doing it by yourself I would hazard that's extremely risky. We had the best luck (biggest pulls) with a cleric or paladin pulling. (This was my experience with it on Vulak.)

This server seems to be very wizard light.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
Thanks guys
smile.png

Still wanna do shakerpaging the most seeing as I already have a high level warrior. But I need to learn if I can do it ok on PC. If not, I'm going to give AOE a try. I am on one PC but I have a trick that I think might let me do it.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get your post-50 frustration. I think the biggest problem is lack of exciting zones with decent xp. You have FoB, Kurns, PC, and HK to blow through quick levels 1-50 but then you are left with pretty much nothing. Most seem to use PoN but compared to the pace of the previous zones its like watching paint dry. Add in the hell levels 51, 54, and 59 and it seems to come to a complete halt.

You basically need to suck up the grind and tough it out. It sucks, but theres not much other choice. As soon as you can, get into PoV and I would actually walk up to groups and ask for a spot. If you simply spam LFG in alliance you tend to get skipped over. If you turn up in-person you can get an actual response. Most of the time I would get a spot because someone would give up one of their box toons or I would be put on a list to get called as soon as someone leaves. It's kind of like old EQ in this regard. The more proactive you are, the better results I have had.

As soon as you are 60+, you shouldnt have nearly as much touble finding groups. Again, be proactive and run to the camps that you actually want to be in.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
The reason why many people go to PoP as soon as they can is because PoP zones have a significant ZEM and killing higher level mobs gives substantially more exp. A late Luclin patch changed the exp formula to decrease low blue exp and increase red yellow white high blue exp which I thought was a REALLY good change and made the game a lot more fun.

Charming with a 70% hasted quadding raptor in TD was a lot less exp than doing werewolves in nightmare or charming rats in PoD even when I had a 5 man exp bonus with out of range level 1s in TD and PoP animals can't dual wield.

Also keep in mind levels beyond 50 go much slower than previous levels, so it's not just the zones you're in. You might try the enforcer camp in PoJ until you can enter PoV. (ether by trial or waiting until 55)