EQMac Now Free to Play

Nulolan

N00b
I have never played on EQmac, but isn't there something in plane of nightmare that druids can charm ? Coulda swore I knew druids back during PoP that would charm kite there until they could do plane of storms frogs.

Herv_sl

shitlord
I have never played on EQmac, but isn't there something in plane of nightmare that druids can charm ? Coulda swore I knew druids back during PoP that would charm kite there until they could do plane of storms frogs.
Pretty sure the Ravens are animals, maybe even the bats.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Bats are the lowest level mobs in the zone I think and are pretty much there specifically for druid charming.

Herv_sl

shitlord
I remember the Bats being Dire Charmable as well.

Thanks for helping me out the other day btw Lenas. (launcherfrien)

Loving my old spell effects/sounds.
smile.png

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, druids can charm kill the werewolves but its not good exp when you have three people mooching in the group. Im looking for something to group with my team and maybe add a pug dps or two.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Fifey, just focus on the ench with the rest of the group OOR at WW's in PON. once he is 55 take him to storms and get him to 60. Once 60 go back and plevel your other chars anyway you like. I used your druid for pleveling my ench and druid this exact way. It.worked very well. Hit me in game if you have questions. Also Dire charm is horrible, sucks 20% exp and if charming for exp is done correctly you are going to kill your pet for the exp every now and then.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
Dire Charm was awesome on an EQ emulator I once played. Not sure how different it was to real EQ though. But it was so good it ended up being nerfed. Yeah as a solo enchanter it was pointless. But what people did was 2 box with a healer (preferably cleric). Then you dire charm something uber, and you haste it and buff hell out of it with cleric buffs and everything you've got. Then it works as a pet and you just need to complete heal it every now and then and let it do all the work.

But exp penalties are always horrible. Xp is slow enough as it is without doing that to yourself.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Fifey, just focus on the ench with the rest of the group OOR at WW's in PON. once he is 55 take him to storms and get him to 60. Once 60 go back and plevel your other chars anyway you like. I used your druid for pleveling my ench and druid this exact way. It.worked very well. Hit me in game if you have questions. Also Dire charm is horrible, sucks 20% exp and if charming for exp is done correctly you are going to kill your pet for the exp every now and then.
So nightstalkers suck, I was grouping lightcrawler things in pod and that was faster exp plus all the chars we're getting exp.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
So nightstalkers suck, I was grouping lightcrawler things in pod and that was faster exp plus all the chars we're getting exp.
I find something ironic in this. Ephed was responsible for like 500+ levels and you can't find good exp. Where's the big cash in for paying it forward? =p

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I find something ironic in this. Ephed was responsible for like 500+ levels and you can't find good exp. Where's the big cash in for paying it forward? =p
Hey ! i did level his druid from 60 to 65 and AA'd him !!

Are you still wow emulatoring it up ?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bard swarm kiting the Ravenous Nightstalkers was boss. Especially when some newb dr00d would try to charm one out of the swarm and get raped.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I get this weird ass bug with the PC client where my character can't fall (no levitate). He just hovers safely to the ground, and is unable to move any direction while falling. What the hell is going on?

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think its related to your Intel processor. I had the same deal on p99 until I pasted some code in the .exe to use all of my cpu.

But I also had that same bug on eqmac. Its awesome not taking any fall damage.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think its related to your Intel processor. I had the same deal on p99 until I pasted some code in the .exe to use all of my cpu.

But I also had that same bug on eqmac. Its awesome not taking any fall damage.
Any idea how to change it or do you remember where you found the info to do that?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Try to set affinity for the .exe to 1 core. I know that fixed issues with people running at warp speed.

Isn't fall damage linked to your frame rate? That is why you would take 20k damage if you lagged while falling, even if you only fell like 2ft.