EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Now there just needs be be a collect all feature to pick everything up from a claim without deleting it =p Sounds like I'll have a lot of digging to do

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Am I the only one who is awful with using the heal command? I feel like it never latches to anything. Maybe I'm using it wrong.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Yeah, heal for me feels like it's on a different grid. Every time I use it it seems like it overlaps in a weird way and then I need to use 1x1 voxels to correct stuff.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Am I the only one who is awful with using the heal command? I feel like it never latches to anything. Maybe I'm using it wrong.
It's a bitch to use but there is a bit of a work around. Hit 'C' while using it and it'll turn into a circle that you can then use to get started and then switch back to the square as necessary.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
I don't think it works on empty space. You have to start from an existing block (either natural or placed) and drag over the area you want restored. It won't restore beyond the current block size/type you originally selected.

Its basically like the old level tool in simcity map editors. If you were trying to fill a valley, you couldn't just click in the middle of the valley, but start from one edge and drag across it to fill and match to the other side.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
All of the tools seem to favor "snapping" to an existing block. The heal tool also has issues if you set your claim below ground. I put a claim down that was 50% underground, and I could not heal anything above ground.

What I have found to work best is to keep my pointer along the top of a block I need to work around, then force whatever tool I'm using to snap to it, then I can usually (slowly) make it work.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Now there just needs be be a collect all feature to pick everything up from a claim without deleting it =p Sounds like I'll have a lot of digging to do
That's what templates are for. You save what you made, delete your claim (get the materials + props back), move it, and recreate it elsewhere with a single click.

Edit - NM, I re-read and understood what you meant.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
That's what templates are for. You save what you made, delete your claim (get the materials + props back), move it, and recreate it elsewhere with a single click.

I've not gotten a single template to work. Everything I try to save returns various errors. I haven't really looked into it much on the forums, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider

Yeah I may delete my claim anyway, knowing I risk not being able to drop the claim again in the same spot =p

Corvid_sl

shitlord
Back in. Nope, crafting stations still gone. Dug out my entire claim and they're just gone. Anyone else have any luck recovering theirs?

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Back in. Nope, crafting stations still gone. Dug out my entire claim and they're just gone. Anyone else have any luck recovering theirs?
I ended up deleting my claim and reclaimed everything that way. I may re-deploy on the new world tomorrow. No luck replacing my claim at the same spot again

Tol_sl

shitlord
The level of up-to-date and minute-by-minute tweets keeping us in the loop about stuff should hereafter be referred to in future MMOs as the ponytail standard. FFXIV needed the ponytail standard so badly. We went like 2.5 weeks without hearing shit from the devs about their launch problems. I'm pretty impressed.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
The level of up-to-date and minute-by-minute tweets keeping us in the loop about stuff should hereafter be referred to in future MMOs as the ponytail standard. FFXIV needed the ponytail standard so badly. We went like 2.5 weeks without hearing shit from the devs about their launch problems. I'm pretty impressed.
Yeah, the openness of issues so far has been nice. Even the support level for an 'Alpha' is beyond what I'd expect. We did basically pay for a full priced game+several month sub time though.... Still, at this phase I was expecting more full wipes, maybe that will still come with balancing passes.

Corvid_sl

shitlord
I ended up deleting my claim and reclaimed everything that way. I may re-deploy on the new world tomorrow. No luck replacing my claim at the same spot again
Hah, just tried that. Deleted my claim, got my flag & crafting stations back but it wouldn't let me re-place the claim. So I headed toward the teleporter to find a new spot in another area, but the game crashed. Now I'm back where my claim was, but missing my flag, missing my crafting stations and have no claim. Gah.