EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I get the distinct feeling they used some of the shitty code from EQ2 as a foundation for this engine. There's no reason this game should hammer our systems like it does.

In other news, finally got all my tools and stuff crafted and started experimenting with the build tools. Loving it. Like how I can build with dirt/rock and use the paint tool for whatever surface texture I want. Just getting started but I have some ideas I can't wait to try out. I think I'm addicted.

IGN: Raes
Serenity-Cliff, about a minute due west of the spire.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I get the distinct feeling they used some of the shitty code from EQ2 as a foundation for this engine. There's no reason this game should hammer our systems like it does.

In other news, finally got all my tools and stuff crafted and started experimenting with the build tools. Loving it. Like how I can build with dirt/rock and use the paint tool for whatever surface texture I want. Just getting started but I have some ideas I can't wait to try out. I think I'm addicted.

IGN: Raes
Serenity-Cliff, about a minute due west of the spire.
Isn't it the ps2 engine with voxel building tools tacked on? Really not liking the art style either.

Tol_sl

shitlord
It ran WAY better for me in alpha. Since the beta client I've been stuttering and crashing on zone almost all the time.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Isn't it the ps2 engine with voxel building tools tacked on? Really not liking the art style either.
I don't know the specifics. What I do know is companies will often re-use in house assets to save on dev time when devoloping "new" software. When I say "foundation" I am referring to code that was probably transferred over to provide certain functionality's that they needed, rather then writing new code. Because I remember EQ2 behaving very similar. My system isn't top of the line, but it's pretty fucking decent, and this game shouldn't be using 100% of my damn resources.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember hearing that the alpha engine was ''not optimized yet" and still contained "debugging code." That could possibly still be the case.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
In the future, please assume that most people on this board are familiar with basic industry standard practices.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I know it uses Forgelight, dumbass. I didn't bother to read up on every detail of the engine, I have better things to do. The simple fact is that Landmark has the same resource hogging problems as EQ2, and I doubt that has anything to do with Forgelight. Sure, it will be further optimized before launch and I'm certain that will help, like it helped EQ2.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The game performs leaps and bounds better for me since alpha during gameplay, but changing islands can be a painful experience now.

Anyway, considering the amount of change we've seen since the start, I have a great deal of confidence in this game.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whatever they did with the hotfix this weekend fixxed all my rubber banding. Game runs better than ever now.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
It's running perfectly fine for me. Steady 50 fps and no real loading lag beside when you first enter an island. Game is sitting around 3g Ram use and 33%-ish processor use spread across 8 processors.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It's running perfectly fine for me. Steady 50 fps and no real loading lag beside when you first enter an island. Game is sitting around 3g Ram use and 33%-ish processor use spread across 8 processors.
Or you running on Ultra? And if so, what's your vid card?

Caliane

Here's my current project with reference. Attempting to make the tower from Tangled. Right now Im working on the base which is nearly 1.5 claims high. I will stack a 3rd claim on top. The main tower structure will sit atop the base and also be ~1.5 claims high. It's already really high with what's built so far! It's kinda huge actually... Need more stone.. lots more.....

The tower doesn't render very good from a distance. The top even looks distorted when viewing from the ground.
Cool.

Is it the screenshot or are you claims actually tall/narrow?
I really need to watch some vids to figure out stuff not expressly told in game. haha.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Or you running on Ultra? And if so, what's your vid card?
From my experience with PS2 and Forgelight, it really likes running on Intel CPU and AMD GPU's. I always hear problems from people with Nvidia, and worse with AMD gpu's. No idea what that means for Forgelight on PS4.

Having things set on Ultra tend to lead to choppiness and client crashing. If not now then in future patches. Aim for medium-high.

I have 2x7970's/i7[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */, everything on ultra/high, 1080p reso, GQ set to Medium (higher GQ makes things foggy/fuzzy on AMD GPUs), get about 30fps.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Cool.

Is it the screenshot or are you claims actually tall/narrow?
I really need to watch some vids to figure out stuff not expressly told in game. haha.
Claims are rectangular... I believe they are like 70Wx70Lx100H? I can't remember exactly.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
From my experience with PS2 and Forgelight, it really likes running on Intel CPU and AMD GPU's. I always hear problems from people with Nvidia, and worse with AMD gpu's. No idea what that means for Forgelight on PS4.

Having things set on Ultra tend to lead to choppiness and client crashing. If not now then in future patches. Aim for medium-high.

I have 2x7970's/i7[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */, everything on ultra/high, 1080p reso, GQ set to Medium (higher GQ makes things foggy/fuzzy on AMD GPUs), get about 30fps.
I am running a 660, and an i5. Nearly the same settings, except textures are lowered to high, and shadows are low, get steady 60fps. I also have my GQ set to medium, which seems to keep it from crashing as well as not taking up as many resources. Thing is, GQ changes something(s) that aren't in the advanced video options. I'd like to know what they are, and hope they get put in eventually.