EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
15 bucks a month for all that, I'm sold.
It depends on what the all-access will grant in EQNL and EQN. I might bite once I hear those details. I don't think I could justify it for the old stuff. I might play EQ every once in a blue moon, but not enough to pay.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought ps2 was good enough for $15 a month when I played religiously. If I can get that, plus Landmark and Next stuff for the same price and given ps2's sub incentives, I think it will be a great deal.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Omeed on podcast regarding number of claims, and cost of upkeep for a casual player. They envision 3-4 plots owned with no money to keep it up, but just resources. Will of course test, and tweak these as things progress.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wonder what he considers Casual. 3-4 plots on 4-8 hours a week?

Will have to have like 10+ to do anything cool imo.

Also curious if that's just owning 3-4 plots with separate builds or can the plots actually be linked and made too look like they are all one giant plot(ie no borders or separation because one side is one plot and the other is a different one).

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Multiple claims can be linked together on your account, with no gaps. As it stands now there are gaps between a friend, and your plot. That will probably be tweaked as well, but for alpha that's how it will work.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Wonder what he considers Casual. 3-4 plots on 4-8 hours a week?

Will have to have like 10+ to do anything cool imo.

Also curious if that's just owning 3-4 plots with separate builds or can the plots actually be linked and made too look like they are all one giant plot(ie no borders or separation because one side is one plot and the other is a different one).
If they're all owned by the same person, then the plots can functionally be linked and built across, as long as they're placed next to each other.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Well, the AMA on Reddit gave us a "
smile.png
" from Smed in regards to a question about whether or not this is still on track for a January Alpha release.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
SWG. I would do everything differently.
SWG PLAYERS - OUR NEXT GAME (not announced yet) IS DEDICATED TO YOU. Once we launch it... you can come home now.
Interesting

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Oh super - just what I need, something else to obsess over right now. They seriously can't give us more heads up than that?

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
He keeps posting a smiley face in response to any question asking "will the Alpha be soon?!"

Wonder if we get it this weekend. If not, I'm guessing next Friday (1/31).

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
That's what I was thinking too - hell I even imagined that they would announce it's going live tonight, but I think they would want everyone on hand to deal with bug reports, server hiccups etc, so that's probably out of the question.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
He keeps posting a smiley face in response to any question asking "will the Alpha be soon?!"

Wonder if we get it this weekend. If not, I'm guessing next Friday (1/31).
I got an email invitation to something on 1/31.

Fake Edit:
Join us for the EverQuest Next Landmark Community Celebration. This event is all about YOU, the most loyal gaming community in the world! Can you believe we have 15 years of gaming innovation under our belts? Kick off the Year of EverQuest with your chance to get a hands-on experience with EverQuest Next Landmark! We?ll see you there!
with a link to RSVP and also a Twitch livestream.

Real Edit:
rrr_img_57777.jpg

Tol_sl

shitlord
So what was the "Big Day. Lots of announcements" regarding? Is it just to tell us that they're scrapping four of their games?

Tol_sl

shitlord
I thought station pass was kind of old news. I know I saw it sometime last week. Maybe this is the 'official' news release for that? That's pretty disappointing.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I remember reading about it a little bit ago, too. We just got the full details today, is all.

The real news was the shutting down of multiple games, the fact that Vanguard has been running at a loss for "a long time," the fact that SOE is working on an all-new IP that will supposedly appeal to EQ/SWG/VG fans, that EQN's release is, as of now, looking to be "sometime next year," and kind-of-sort-of re-confirmation that EQNL Alpha will begin this month.