EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Agraza

Registered Hutt
She's an aviak in disguise. Also it wasn't that bad. I think they're shooting for the flawed, approachable angle. The roundtables are in that ballpark.

Strongbad_sl

shitlord
Just bought 3 Explorer packs for Xmas. Wish it was live now because I do not have squat to do this weekend for the 1st time in months.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I like the short snowy area they've shown us, but I really loooooove that jungle concept art and the trees they've shown in game for them. I think I'm gonna have to find me some place to make ruins deep in the jungle.
biggrin.png

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Once you saw it, the snowy area looked really weird with absolutely no snow on any of the trees, but I suppose, as art issues go, that one wouldn't be too hard to fix. Other than that, the content of those videos looked good.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I see they still haven't added mechanical objects. You apparently only have the option to create openings, not the doors to fit into them. With monsters roaming, that might be problematic. Or who/what gets access for that matter. Not even sure if I have seen a door in a Landmark video yet.

That being said, I am sure it will be added, and this game is going to make a fortune. The build aspect of it seems to shit over all other competitors, which isn't surprising considering this is the first AAA minecraft with funding to match. The Yogscast did a kickstarter for a building game like this because at the time there were no competitors for minecraft. Yogventures. If it isn't vapor already, I think it might as well be. Don't see any competitors for this game until perhaps Titan or whatever the next blizzard game is. I have a sense it will feature heavily on building things as well.

Bruman

Golden Squire
There are currently no doors, but they have said there will be doors. Same as with water.

I doubt either will be in the alpha when it launches, but I'd hope by beta it would be.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I see they still haven't added mechanical objects. You apparently only have the option to create openings, not the doors to fit into them. With monsters roaming, that might be problematic. Or who/what gets access for that matter. Not even sure if I have seen a door in a Landmark video yet.
This made me think of something. Are we going to float/fly (like in the videos announced) when we build? Wouldn't that trivialize things?
Or are they going to make us build just like minecraft (you have to be near that area and under a solid place in order to build)? From what I've seen you can create a gigantic cube regardless of where your character is.

This makes monsters trivial I think.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I "think" they said the float would be an aquired skill. Although I expect it to be like Halo's forge where you switch between build mode and normal.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There are currently no doors, but they have said there will be doors. Same as with water.
The problem with doors is that they're relatively easy to implement as props, but hard as hell to make as voxels. Meaning you only have specific doors, which can be resized, but not shaped to fit.