EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Same for me. It's a given that I'd give EQN a go but I honestly was pretty much purely on a hate frenzy in regards to EQNL. To say I've lightened up may be an understatement since I got the Trailblazer pack. Don't get me wrong, EQN is the one Ireallywant but EQNL seems like its own different and fun experience.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Do they have an auction house for materials in the alpha? Im more of a hunter&gatherer type, not so much a builder...

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I guess you have to get materials to build stuff? If so, have they hinted at how much time it takes to gather enough mats for a small house?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Nothing official but I'd guess if you stick with wood and stone for your first house it would be pretty quick assuming you can mine every rock/tree out there.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I bet these assholes are going to start Alpha on Friday, the day I have to go back to work for 7 days straight.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Why would they launch Alpha on the same day that they have their SOE open house? Don't you think the Devs and everyone else will be a little busy showing off the Alpha and giving tours of their headquarters building that day?

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
I bet these assholes are going to start Alpha on Friday, the day I have to go back to work for 7 days straight.
Maybe it'll be Fri evening after their demo-day, gives a few hours notice before the 'last half of January' is over lol.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Why would they launch Alpha on the same day that they have their SOE open house? Don't you think the Devs and everyone else will be a little busy showing off the Alpha and giving tours of their headquarters building that day?
Maybe that night? Giving people at their open house the first chance to play the game. Then they open up the servers at around 6 PM PST or something.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Min Reqs changed:

Processor - Intel i5 Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X4 or higher, use to require Dual Core
Internet - Broadband (3Mbit/sec or higher), use to be 10Mbits

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are Alpha's typically only 1-2 months long? Going by the dates on the founder packs page, Alpha states by no later then Feb. 28 and Closed beta one states by no later then March 31st. That seems like a pretty quick alpha.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Are Alpha's typically only 1-2 months long? Going by the dates on the founder packs page, Alpha states by no later then Feb. 28 and Closed beta one states by no later then March 31st. That seems like a pretty quick alpha.
Apparently this is very polished for an alpha stage game. According to Dave G at least.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Yeah, this isn't Alpha the way Alpha was originally defined. It's just a marketing term to get people excited as well as an easy excuse to sweep any bugs and missing features under the rug for now.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Well, it's not like Landmark is a particularly feature-heavy game, I suppose it wouldn't take all that long of an alpha to get the game into a beta-ready state.