EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I hope some fucking claims are left by them time I get to really check it out.

Hekotat

I can't find a claim spot, every map is completely packed
I was only on for like 15 mins this morning but that's what it seemed like as well, surely there is more open space somewhere or they start adding some.

Caliane

Is there word on if these "islands" will end up bigger, or grow progressively, as more players place claims on them?

Hekotat

I didn't really expect it to be this packed, gonna be suburbia hell rather than lost civilizations. Kind of disappointing.

Raign

Golden Squire
Looks like there are issues with the video card I use on my laptop - login screen keeps flickering and eventually just kicks out. Going to have to try desktop see if there is some love up there.

Caliane

I didn't really expect it to be this packed, gonna be suburbia hell rather than lost civilizations. Kind of disappointing.
There some things to think about here.

More diverse biomes will encourage expanding.
Right now, its what brushlands, or empty desert?
When more cool locations are added, people will spread out to have fun places.

The portal system probably needs to be adjusted. it really encourages building a town around it. for better or worse. with higher teirs, you probably have means to port to your claim. But early, you want to be close. And then, do you move away as you build up, or do you stay close for higher visibility?

My ideal would be making it straight up a community owned area for large amount. allowing player vendor stalls, and server community approved building. like allow players place their /saved buildings on it. and its put up in a temporary fashion. and players on that server can vote if it stays or not. Maybe even having full elections for a server community. taxes/zoning managers, etc. voting for who takes these positions.

Caliane

yeah. the "islands"/server look smaller then I expected. And then claims in relation to draw distance, if you want a castle surrounded by forest. looks like you will need several claims to ensure space around you.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Can't even download - isn't recognizing my station name or password even after changing 3 times. I hate SOE.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
I was on last night when the servers opened. Was pretty tired though so thought it would be smart to wait until today to drop my claim after having a chance to look around. Obviously a slight error on my part
frown.png