EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
One amusing thing I've seen on multiple message boards and a few articles is the NDA bit for EQL Alpha being dropped while ESO launches in two months and still has it up.

There's been no shortage of shots taken at it this weekend.

On a personal note as a long time player for EQ/SWG/EQ2/VG , it's good to see SOE being viewed as positive overall for their handling of something for a change.

I'm actually holding out hope now that EQN might actually be very fun too. I still want a Pantheon or ArcheAge style game for sure , but like this end of the spectrum also.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
The instant repop node spots will be an issue... I bug them when I see them, but I expect a few spots will leak through launch.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The instant repop node spots will be an issue... I bug them when I see them, but I expect a few spots will leak through launch.
I imagine some will although at least the lower tier stuff is so common for the most part that finding materials is not much of an issue at this time so much as just the time spent wacking away at it. I had made myself a pretty nifty pyramid with underground lair but they had to wipe the zone I built it in because somehow it became detatched from its server. Oh well not like its hard to put it back together.

I do have to strongly recommend before really building anything serious like I did upgrade your tools. I am getting about double the amount of stone/dirt and other stuff per wack with my iron pickaxe than I did with my founders pick.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just read the info in the forums, and you are correct Skanda and Zx88. It said 70mW x 70mL x 100m tall. My bad. Just crafted an iron pick - the game starts slow but as Quaid said, and gets more rewarding as I continue to play.
I can't stress this enough. Focus on upgrading your mining pick at least to iron or the step above it before worrying about constructing pretty much anything building wise. Buildings require a lot of materials and the improved mining tools are SO much more efficient.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can 100% see this happening and people being willing to sub for it. I might.

Finally got to log in today for the first time since the outage. My claim is still there, but all of the ground has been reset to how it was before I dug it out. I have two props that remain (torches), but it seems the crafting stations I put in what-is-now-underground are lost for good :/
Actually from what I have seen they likely are still there just burried. I have helped undig three peoples crafting stations that could only be seen by a hint of smoke coming from the ground.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Anyone know a good wiki or other central site of information? When I'm going around harvesting for something specific, I sometimes forget what I need for a recipe.

Also, is there any way to see ALL of the resources you have? For example, I don't see anywhere that elemental metals are listed except when you're at the forge.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Anyone know a good wiki or other central site of information? When I'm going around harvesting for something specific, I sometimes forget what I need for a recipe.

Also, is there any way to see ALL of the resources you have? For example, I don't see anywhere that elemental metals are listed except when you're at the forge.
Your inventory actually has 2 tabs. One for regular items/equipment, a 2nd one for resource blocks. There's even a search box but I'm not entirely sure it works properly.

Sort ofhelpful...but doesn't give you the individual component names.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
The wiki is not updated to show yet (too new I guess) as I was looking for the exact same thing last night. I finally just had to start writing everything down when I went to a forge and checked the required mats.

I am really hoping they put in another server today so I can make a claim and plop down all these workshops. Its hard as hell to find everything I need just visiting other people's claims. Thank you Blazin for letting me use your forge so far. I don't know if you logged in yet, but they are still there, and the sawmill is barely peaking up through the dirt heh. That has helped me get up to the point where I am now. I just need an upgraded sawmill so I can make Worked Amatherine and finish this new Amatherine forge.

Strongbad_sl

shitlord
I just got a chance to log in after a long work weekend. And it seems I can not find a place to build in any T1 aera... what am I doing wrong? With the no permissions box checked at the top looks like evrey map is totaly claimed.

Apostolos

bro you ready for Rerolled Cathedral II?
Aww yeah. I think I will just work on a small statue or so to being with to figure out the tools, but here is my inspiration piece for release:

rrr_img_59079.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Aww yeah. I think I will just work on a small statue or so to being with to figure out the tools, but here is my inspiration piece for release:

rrr_img_59079.jpg
I don't know much about EQN but I can guarantee that if their tools are any good this community will build something amazing together.

Corvid_sl

shitlord
Actually from what I have seen they likely are still there just burried. I have helped undig three peoples crafting stations that could only be seen by a hint of smoke coming from the ground.
Yeah i have the same issue and I've just dug them out. They're not there and not in my inventory. 4 crafting stations gone. bah.

Apostolos

It is way too quiet. I think there needs to be at least 2 or 3 channels (/ooc, /trade etc..) Right now it feels way too empty without interaction with other people when I am online.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Curious if the new server they mentioned coming up (or maybe it already is ) helps with claims and so on.
Yes, it should be like an entire new set of zones to claim(ie. another Courage or Liberation).