EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Zbkuk_sl

shitlord
The rate at which that they are fixing the pressing issues is staggering.
Yeah I'm really impressed with how fast they are moving for this stage of the alpha. I'm also blown away by some of the cool stuff people have already made. Will be a lot of fun following the development of this one.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
David Georgeson ?@DaveGeorgeson 31m

World status: Still working on it. As usual (*sigh*) we hit a hitch. Resolving soon, we hope.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Patcher at least is up , downloading it , noticed some tundra.bmp files. Hopefully means artic biosphere coming soon.

Prepare yourselves for the theme music at character selection btw................

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patcher at least is up , downloading it , noticed some tundra.bmp files. Hopefully means artic biosphere coming soon.

Prepare yourselves for the theme music at character selection btw................
Omeed on a podcast tonight confirmed tundra, and jungle biospheres will be next. Looking forward to this as well.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Wouldn't this be horrible for mining unless the snow is transparent or veins stick up out of the surface ?

We'll see I guess. I was hoping they'd do something about the pop-in on terrain and resources, it's my main irritation at the moment - you know, head toward a resource, start mining, first hit and everything vanishes, or walk toward a claim and see everything vanish, then reappear, then vanish etc, along with the 'the ground is here, no wait here, no it was the first one' problem where you bounce around like a pogo stick.

misery_sl

shitlord
I always get so frustrated when I get to the character select screen and the servers are down. Then I see the server names and it all just fades away.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
lol do not go see "The Lego Movie" while drunk. (Messing with my head now)

Glad to see I didn't miss anything.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Omeed on a podcast tonight confirmed tundra, and jungle biospheres will be next. Looking forward to this as well.
Nice , didn't catch that , they actually have so much communication going on I can't keep up with all of it.

Did I just say that about SOE ?

(and I'm not crazy am I , the EQ intro theme being at character select is relatively new isnt it ?

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Well, the on-or-before dates they originally gave us for alpha and beta were only a month apart. Assuming they're still planning for only a month-long alpha, they do sorta need to start firing out new features pretty rapid-fire from here on out.

I'd be a little surprised if next week doesn't bring with it at least one or two new biomes, and probably the sickle tool.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Omeed also leaked the next round table question. Should the game start with multiple starting cities. Normally, there would be no question to put in multiple racial starting cities imo. With the way the lore is currently I'm on board with just getting a foot hold on Norrath, and build the different cities etc.

Omeed went on to say they took an internal poll, and the vast majority want more than one city to start off with. They are going to handle this round table question differently. They wont go the vague route, and want to lay out what the plan options are at this point, and get our feedback.

misery_sl

shitlord
Dahkoht, don't make me consider buying a pack
It's pretty fun to watch people stream the game if you can get your fix that way. There really is no rush to buy into the alpha/beta. If you aren't interested enough to buy it right now, you have plenty of time to decide.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Dahkoht, don't make me consider buying a pack
Well just think of the money you'll be saving from not spending what we were going to on the KS anyway (since it's likely to not fund).

I was one of the unbelievers too in this thing right there with the rest months ago , but damned if potential this thing has has gotten me hooked and looking forward to Troll Ninja Paladin EQN (and really some of the custom servers).

Between Ponytail's communication , rumbling of them occasionally remarking they want to do PVP right in certain spheres in EQN eventually , and it looking like some creative folks will be using this EQL tool to potentially make us some PVP havens , I figured worth it to learn the ropes of some of it ahead of time.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You should have one when you log in next, unless you are one of the people affected by the one bug that this update doesn't fix.
Perfect, exactly what I was thinking about a couple days ago about how they could really just write something that looks to see if A) you have a claim flag or B) have a claim and if neither then it gives you a flag.