Escape from Tarkov

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Escape from Tarkov official page

eft_logo_promo.jpg

Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Was there not a thread already? Been waiting for this one for a while. The buy your way into beta was a bit steep so waiting.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Did a search and did not find anything. Just discovered this one, my son told me about it, started watching some streams, youtube. Looks good.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This looks better than all the other survival games I've seen so far, espeically the gun play. Is it possible someone did it right? I will have to keep an eye on this.

Damn, the cost to get in is really high, that sucks.

Last edited:

Mick

<Gold Donor>
From what I have seen a $140 is a little steep for instant access to the alpha right now.

Hekotat

You get a 50% chance at one of the levels, I think it's 50 but it could be 75. 50 is still too fucking steep for Alpha, you should be paying me to test your game.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ok so I got in, paid the $100 and got in. Anyways fucking scary game and good concept except that you lose all of your shit upon dying, every time. So what happens when you run out of shit to bring in? Fist fight? So supposedly they will allow you to play as one of the scrubs or whatever, the NPCs, and I guess when you survive and kill some players, you get to keep their shit. Not sure how this will work, since any map right now only alows like 4-7 players in them, and some of them are fucking huge. but they need to add this ASAP.

Also I noticed the balance way fucking off. Some of the scrubs I ran into were hitting head shots with shotguns from like 75-100 yards away. Fucking OP NPC aimbots! I also saw many streamers totally bypass the places where they normally hang out because they are that deadly. So yeah, the balance is still fucked. In other words, after one night of playing I got all my weapons that I started with taken away, along with all their magazines and shit, so now im dead in the water.

Its really a brutal game, there is a clock counter on the screen just before entering, and if its night time, good luck without a night vision or some flash light. Its fucking EQ 1999 human dark. They have a place you can purchase shit from, 3 stores of varying stuff, weapons, meds and yes, even night vision, but they are so expensive, fuck spending 100,000 rubles or whatever on a night vision devie only to have it taken from you the first time you enter the world with it.

But overall its a good concept if its fully fleshed out. The only thing is that the good players will get forever more powerful and the weak will just stop playing. At least thats how I think it will go down. they need to tone down the loss thing IMO, or make shit on certain maps easier to get out. Because as it stands, aside some lucky raids, the average player is fucked by dudes toting fully modded ARs or AKs with dual long range and red dot scopes and silencers, tons of ammo, tons of bag space to collect up all your shit when you die. Even just ading more ways of sneaking around would be cool. Right now you could probably duck and evade a human player, but the NPCs fucking radar you in at 150 yards and hone onto you like fucking terminator.

The extraction points can be totally camped as well as the entrance points. Every map has like 3-4 of each which are not random at all (and should be every time IMO). So people will get to know these and shit all over you right when you enter or just when youre about to extract all that sweet sweet loot you got when they camp out the extraction points with a few of their buddies and split up all of your loot among themselves.

Last edited:

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I have seen some streams where they have just have a knife running around trying to get anything and do a quick extraction so they can very slowl build up their inventory to make a future run a lot more easier.

Hekotat

I don't like the idea of set extraction points, they need to do it kind of like The Division. You pop a flare and then have to wait out a time limit, giving you a chance to set up a defense.

Is there a basic kit you always have to fall back on if you lose everything? Something like basic armor and assault rifle?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I don't like the idea of set extraction points, they need to do it kind of like The Division. You pop a flare and then have to wait out a time limit, giving you a chance to set up a defense.

Is there a basic kit you always have to fall back on if you lose everything? Something like basic armor and assault rifle?
Yeah, a knife.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
they need some sort of mechanic that lets the new players play on maps without all of the people that are fully geared. I have seem so many streams where someone loads in and dies I less than a minute because they cam across someone who was running around in full gear and a modded weapon.

Hekotat

Or just give them basic weapons and armor. I think starting off with at such a disadvantage is really going to turn people off, including myself.

• 1Worf

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got this if anyone is still playing that wants to team up.

Personally I welcome the difficulty in starting outgunned. Nothing is more satisfying than starting with nothing but a Makarov and 2 mags and ambushing a guy with a modded rifle.

Turned my Makarov into an Ak74su with a red dot tonight. Headshots don't discriminate against bullet size.

Also found an AR suppressor tonight.. I just need an actual AR now!

Last edited:

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hit the jackpot tonight playing Scav. I changed the way I play them today - I don't kill NPC scavs anymore. I just use them as partners/bait.

If they kill a guy it's free loot for me.
If someone kills them I can then get the jump on them while they loot the scavs or run to the exit.

So yeah tonight I spawn as a Scav on woods. I run to the house near the extraction and hide near the house.

Guy with a silencer takes out the scavs, runs into the house and a gunfight ensues, he gets shot by another player which then proceeds to try running to the extraction - right through the bush I'm hiding in. I shoot him with my pistol and end up with a PACA armor, 2 pimped AK74's with silencers + one without along with an SKS.

Guy must have lost his shit but it made my day.

• 1Worf

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Want to try this out badly, but $45 is just to much for me to give it a go.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Want to try this out badly, but $45 is just to much for me to give it a go.

Careful, palum might facepalm you because being cautious chucking $50+ into a completely unknown game apparently isn't to his standards.