Escape from Tarkov

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This patch is such a fucking shame.

So much of it is brilliant and yet still, somehow, they remain completely unable or unwilling to deal with the cheating. It's just fucking wild to me the state this game is in.

It could be a fucking titan in the FPS world if they gave a shit? Or had some actual talented devs/network people working there? I don't get it, is it cause they are russian and only hire at russian wages? Do they just lack the ability to deal with it? Are all the weird conspiracies about more account sales just how they are keeping the lights on?

I made it 5 raids this time before someone was flying through the sky like superman repeatedly shooting everyone in the legs - the fact that this is even *possible* without triggering some kind of automated detection system for blatantly impossible things happening on the server? Makes it real easy to start believing the account sale shit.
It's odd you rant and have that problem. Yet I've only ever seen something like that years ago, then the super sayans in labs maybe. Don't get me wrong, fuck ton of cheaters including a few of the faggot streamers.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's odd you rant and have that problem. Yet I've only ever seen something like that years ago, then the super sayans in labs maybe. Don't get me wrong, fuck ton of cheaters including a few of the faggot streamers.

That's just the easy one to complain about on the internet cause it's so ridiculous.

The real insidious problem is that the integrity of the entire game is tainted by it, perhaps beyond repair. No one that still plays is immune to it, and every time you die you always have that niggling 'that smells like bullshit' in the back of your mind because of how rampant it is.

The fact that labs has been the de-facto quarantine zone for it for multiple years now is such a crazy concept to exist in a game as big as Tarkov

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
That's just the easy one to complain about on the internet cause it's so ridiculous.

The real insidious problem is that the integrity of the entire game is tainted by it, perhaps beyond repair. No one that still plays is immune to it, and every time you die you always have that niggling 'that smells like bullshit' in the back of your mind because of how rampant it is.

The fact that labs has been the de-facto quarantine zone for it for multiple years now is such a crazy concept to exist in a game as big as Tarkov
The fact that SPT (single-player tarkov) exists shows you how shit the security will be for the game. Also I'm really enjoying SPT.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Turn off west coast servers. That's where the majority of shameless hackers are. Why? Cuz China only gets 220 ping there and not 300 ping.

I've just reached 1000 hours and I've never seen a flyer, but I've been aimbotted/ESP'd dozens of times. Looking at player profiles help figure out if they're lucky or cheating.

Saw some guy going into a game with a 11 KD which is fine, very good but not impossible, EXCEPT he had a 17 survival streak. No fucking way. Also his name might've been wayug499 or some shit.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Turn off west coast servers. That's where the majority of shameless hackers are. Why? Cuz China only gets 220 ping there and not 300 ping.

I've just reached 1000 hours and I've never seen a flyer, but I've been aimbotted/ESP'd dozens of times. Looking at player profiles help figure out if they're lucky or cheating.

Saw some guy going into a game with a 11 KD which is fine, very good but not impossible, EXCEPT he had a 17 survival streak. No fucking way. Also his name might've been wayug499 or some shit.

This is exactly my point though - how can anyone still play this when every other death is suspect enough that you're looking at peoples K/D and stats trying to determine if they are cheating? Especially in a game like this where matchmaking and loading is a 5+ minute affair, the odds of just having your time stolen from you are insane.

The entire well is poisoned so badly I don't know how anyone does it anymore.

I've got almost 3k hours in it and until they prove they can/will address the problem it's just a joke.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

More rustled when you get 420loverxxx type people that just dont give a fuck about anything. Joined up mid fight with another scav against a couple players. Loaded full of random shit, but really nothing I cared about except this negotiation room key that's apparently needed for something else. I spawned just looking for tushonka that doesn't exist and get these 2 other scav bros's that run up on me. Say hi, asking if they have a tushonka they might want to trade for goodies, and they were busy imitating scav sounds then shoot me after 5 seconds or so. (Actual scavs though not cheeky pmc's pretending)

Losing the key kinda sucks but most keys are cheap now so well see, just don't like the more toxic traitorous faggots. Need more of these twats to get bigger negative rep and go hostile to ai scavs any raid they are in.

As to why people still play, I think they still have the corner on this gameplay type, COD and everything else is it's own Aids. But from playing a bit of arena etc, I fear anymore it feels have the playerbase are retard high frat bro's that just laugh their way through everything.

Sludig

Though I'm about ready to change my tune, somethings different this wipe and I don't know what, for most of the last 2-3 years, I've average 50-70% survival rate. Now, Fucking 35. The stats on many of these people just seeing me in the dark at 100 yards randomly in woods and stuff like that don't have good stats. But I've noticed many have like a streak score of 7-10. LIke are these faggot ESP'rs just suiciding in factory a dozen times to then have fun without much fear of reports getting them banned?

I'd say it's recoil changes, but most of this is just getting shot out of nowhere type of stuff.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Though I'm about ready to change my tune, somethings different this wipe and I don't know what, for most of the last 2-3 years, I've average 50-70% survival rate. Now, Fucking 35. The stats on many of these people just seeing me in the dark at 100 yards randomly in woods and stuff like that don't have good stats. But I've noticed many have like a streak score of 7-10. LIke are these faggot ESP'rs just suiciding in factory a dozen times to then have fun without much fear of reports getting them banned?

I'd say it's recoil changes, but most of this is just getting shot out of nowhere type of stuff.

And you'll never know if you've just been unlucky or if half of every lobby is running basic ESP on a second monitor. It ruins the entire experience of the game for me and it's really a shame, cause Tarkov is still quite unique and brilliant in some ways.

Sludig

And you'll never know if you've just been unlucky or if half of every lobby is running basic ESP on a second monitor. It ruins the entire experience of the game for me and it's really a shame, cause Tarkov is still quite unique and brilliant in some ways.
Like just now, 15 minutes into woods, back of the sniper mountain but down low at the base, kinda the direction of the sunken village/newer usec camp thing. Some place you never see anyone if you were to camp but rarely as most either hug the hill or are going much further away. I'm moving slow, pausing to listen, scanning around, 15 feet forward, bam headshot on the move by some faggot that supposedly has horrid stats but a pretty high streak.

I've won >50% of the straight up fights I'm getting in, but it's always from no where, and I dont mind saying my normal high survival rate is in part to taking it slow, not taking high danger routes etc. But mysteriously it's like woods has 20 players spawning on it or every retard is just hanging out in the middle of nowhere.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Like just now, 15 minutes into woods, back of the sniper mountain but down low at the base, kinda the direction of the sunken village/newer usec camp thing. Some place you never see anyone if you were to camp but rarely as most either hug the hill or are going much further away. I'm moving slow, pausing to listen, scanning around, 15 feet forward, bam headshot on the move by some faggot that supposedly has horrid stats but a pretty high streak.

I've won >50% of the straight up fights I'm getting in, but it's always from no where, and I dont mind saying my normal high survival rate is in part to taking it slow, not taking high danger routes etc. But mysteriously it's like woods has 20 players spawning on it or every retard is just hanging out in the middle of nowhere.

Yea woods is the worst map by far because of specifically this - cheaters/ESP fags love to hang out there because 'it's woods bro there's sniper everywhere' and it gives them easier cover for their bullshit.

Tho this wipe they hardly need to bother when dudes like this can run around with almost 1k hours:

sn207icbi1ac1.png

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I've average 50-70% survival rate. Now, Fucking 35.
Not that this applies to the conversation that is going on, but armor plates. It's been fucking a lot of the "high-level" streamers. Throat shots one tapping, getting shredded in the armpits, ect. I'm still sitting 75% survival rate but I also play "counter-strike" as my friend puts it.. so i'm not running door to door while free-looking, or heavily relying on lean peaks(apparently left hand lean is rly bad w/ armpit).. ontop of always looking for advantages and not throwing myself straight into people.. and yes I move but its often attack, run away and around, attack again via circling the area I assume they're in. In a video with Sheef and WillerZ, WillerZ shoots Sheef who has a Korund with a 6.8 FMJ? iirc, and does nothing to the stomach.

As far as the cheating goes, not that I don't think it exists.. and I only have 60 raids under my belt this wipe, been taking it slow cus w/e.. i raced last wipe. I haven't ran into anyone that smelt immediately off. I think the closest i've ran into was someone who had 4 mags of 5.45 BS whom we ended up killing and taking but that felt more RMT. Other than that, it's been a lot of my friend crying hacker after getting hit by a two-piece but then I end up killing that person.. often their movement or knowledge of the game just seemed quite lacking.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I had to do shoreline yesterday and I have to do shoreline again today. I think I got in one fight I ever saw the person who killed me and I did 301 damage to him before dying. The rest were just people across the map with silenced AKMs and VPO's. The best was my teammate and I, after dying 3 or 4 in a row to bullshit, starting out at spawn, both running full speed and *BAM* I'm dead. UCW FMJ to the head. Full speed running. Dude has a 18.0 K/D. Weirdest thing? He never shot at my teammate who was 10 feet in front of me. I of course just assume hacker because at this point why not. My teammate goes the rest of the game, 20-30 minutes, doing his shit 0 problems.

Dude comes into my chat and says GG. He just happened to spawn in front of us at the SE spawn and we were the Eastern spawn. An entirely likely scenario. He said he was just there to do Scav kills in blueberry but he forgot his helmet so he killed me, looted me and left. Entirely believable, but shit like this still stinks of ESP a little. Hitting a one-shot on a runner isn't impossible and it happens all the time, but the 18.0 KD either means this dude just rats and blasts scavs or he's got ESP. My KD was like 8 or so until our shoreline incident and I everyone I look at is usually 2-3 KD with a 35-55% surival rate. I'm right on 50/50 because of shoreline last night, but when dudes have streaks of 10+ extracts it either means they're doing night raids, playing it extremely slow and careful, or just using ESP to avoid people.

I do Woods all the time. It's my favorite map. Scav and PMC and what you think is hackers is usually people just camping PoI's doing their stupid fucking Mosin/bolty quests. In Mill? Dead. Going to Outskirts, the only western extract? Dead. Usec? Dead. V-Ex? Dead. Milly base? Dead.

Until the thermals come out it's one of the safer maps. Customs just has too many chokepoints and full visibility from dorms side for long range. Shoreline with snow is just target practice from any elevated point and they actually removed a lot of the hilly terrain cover. Reserve is fine if you don't go under, but if you're in the bunker you're in Factory 2.0. Lighthouse is just snipers posted up in elevation with whatever free TX5000 they got. Interchange isn't that bad if you survive the first 60 seconds. It's spooky inside, but unless you're going out Emercom it's pretty easy to play safe. Streets I couldn't tell you because I get 45 FPS.

I will say bullets feel bad right now. I think the plate system has several flaws. One is the armpit thing where essentially you're unarmored where you previously could be. The other is I think the hit box may or may not have gaps in it at the moment so you can actually blast people in their fucking tits and it hits between plates which doesn't register as anything. My teammate and I have tons of clips of us just hitting 16 shots into a guy with PS ammo on a 2-3 armor and them taking 90 damage with 0 armor absorbtion. Somethings wonky. The good news is with recoil you just dump 30 rounds at their face like every gun is an UMP and hope you hit face eyes first. We've also been using BMG slugs against 0 armor oppenents and they're taking 3 to kill in the chest. Shit's fucked. I'm sure the testers will have a video out soon.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I will say bullets feel bad right now. I think the plate system has several flaws. One is the armpit thing where essentially you're unarmored where you previously could be. The other is I think the hit box may or may not have gaps in it at the moment so you can actually blast people in their fucking tits and it hits between plates which doesn't register as anything. My teammate and I have tons of clips of us just hitting 16 shots into a guy with PS ammo on a 2-3 armor and them taking 90 damage with 0 armor absorbtion. Somethings wonky. The good news is with recoil you just dump 30 rounds at their face like every gun is an UMP and hope you hit face eyes first. We've also been using BMG slugs against 0 armor oppenents and they're taking 3 to kill in the chest. Shit's fucked. I'm sure the testers will have a video out soon.

I have had the opposite experience. I'm obliterating people, both on PMC and Scav. As I said earlier, my friend who is traditionally the sprint across room to room, and lean peaking.. has been getting dropped consistently.. but he still doing his fair share of work too. I will say the armor system is pretty complex it seems because it sounds like.. if the armor has soft armor over top, it has to effectively penetrate both the soft armor and armor plate.. on top of, if the bullet doesn't pen, it does ZERO damage to the person but the person still takes a stamina hit..

and supposedly massive banwave happened nye, which sounds like how most companies deal with cheaters.. is finding a vulnerability and more/less honeypotting it, then unleashing a massive wave to sorta thwart cheat devs from just springing the next one into action.. causing economic warfare between client and dev. A lot of money to be made in developing cheats.

I've kinda instilled with a majority of my group that running "meta kits" is just not the way to play tarkov.. though i'm the lower end, VPO-215 with AP-M and a nice USP has been butter.. but I love the PP-19 and throw some PBP/Ap6.3. I found, atleast the last 3 wipes, whenever I ran M4's, Mutants, and SR-25's.. I was more likely to run into cheaters.. this wipe basically made "low-end" style even better since the line in the sand for meta has been blurred a bit with the plate system.. if you hit someone with any kind of RIP or high flesh outside of the plate.. they're fucked. Add the new recoil system, and everything just feels so fucking good. Also, it looks like loud builds are edging out silent builds statistically.

Last edited:

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've kinda instilled with a majority of my group that running "meta kits" is just not the way to play tarkov.. though i'm the lower end, VPO-215 with AP-M and a nice USP has been butter.. but I love the PP-19 and throw some PBP/Ap6.3. I found, atleast the last 3 wipes, whenever I ran M4's, Mutants, and SR-25's.. I was more likely to run into cheaters.. this wipe basically made "low-end" style even better since the line in the sand for meta has been blurred a bit with the plate system.. if you hit someone with any kind of RIP or high flesh outside of the plate.. they're fucked. Add the new recoil system, and everything just feels so fucking good. Also, it looks like loud builds are edging out silent builds statistically.
This vid touches on that:

TL;DW is highlighting a few items that look 'ugly' but still perform well to maintain gameplay but greatly improve chances of insurance returns. Not the newest of concepts but this wipe changed:
1. recoil, so a very lightly / poorly modded gun (wood furniture) still shoots straight and
2. swapping armor plates primarily to cover more of your body but also increase chances of someone leaving it on your body because they think it's just basic lvl 2 or 3 shit.

He also points out that new bag with its weird restrictive layout is actually useful here so someone can't immediately put your shit in your own backpack and peace out.

I also can't help but laugh at the optics of this:

Armpit.JPG

SO MUCH COVERAGE but that guy was so 1337 he found the Lanx in my armor.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Ehh idk man.. He's got a 9-hit count and that seems pretty close to accurate. He's running 9mm, and I'm assuming by your level... It's not even AP6.3 and would be surprised if it was a 30rnd of PBP...

Slow-mo, I feel I agree with you, his tracking is decent but watching it in real-time and knowing the mpx he's bouncing all over the place; the rof and all, it looks like more misses than hits on top of, if it's pst gzh, if the guy is wearing anything higher than 4 and you're not hitting the face; you're fucked. Watching it seems like it's not a 100% kill, but if it were me... I'd still feel the same, he fucked the guy up(also you have 440hp, not 400hp). I wish I had it recorded for you but I had an exchange two nights ago similar but with a pp-19.. drawn-out fight, black limbs, and all.. I dumped 3 mags into various parts of a 3man.. it wasn't until I slapped single fire and started tap firing.. go to find out two of them had a gzhel and korund.

If you didn't know, the recoil system works like most fps now.. When firing it goes straight up for a few bullets, and eventually hits an apex and becomes more sporadic in its bloom/moa.. which is why by the end of his mag and when he's standing still you're seeing shots smacking the transformer.. ontop of him swaying left and right of the person with his reddot.. he is realistically all over the place.

I think the only thing I am not sure about is how it factors armor damage now in the stat screen which could alleviate most of your owe.. since durability isn't the same anymore. You can hit the armor with bullets and it'll take a zero durability burn.. which effectively means your bullet is null.. so does that count as a hit or does it count as damage asborbed.. ect ect. It could be likely that the armor damage you see is the side soft armor plates taking damage from when hes blasting stomach/chest or in side on the sprint. Which often, soft armor seems to commonly sit around the t2 to t3 plates.. but even if the guy was wearing level three plates, aiming chest/stomach just isn't the play with anything less than AP6.3 in 9x19.

On top of it all, you died walking in the middle of the weather lol. If you didn't know, there is a spawn next to it and you were coming from construction. Should always assume someone is in weather by that point, esp this early in the wipe when everyone is not rushing to resort.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, that wasn't me shooting. He killed me with a headshot from inside the building right before. Nothing suspect about that and we're well aware people all go to weather. One of the major problems with Shoreline is that place. Elevated and required for 2-3 quests at once so everyone is going there. We approached it slowly and checked it out and the reason he killed me is because he just sat silently in the building for 60 seconds staring out a window and hit me on his first shot in the head.

9 shots hit. If you think out of the 30 shots my teammate shot only 9 hit, we're seeing a different game. What's more is at WORST those shots are hitting his arm over and over and over as he's running sideways. That means his arm is blacked in 2 bullets and he's spreading the damage throughout his body, so armor is moot. Then he turns to face him and my teammate misses left, then re-tracks and dumps into him and you can see ~3 bullets causing blood and the rest in the same exact spot doing ????? Shit's funky. The best part everyone is complaining about armpit shots and that guy ate like 5 while running and it obviously didn't do shit. I don't understand the circumstance where you'd bypass the arm and enter the thorax if bullets are just getting stuck in arms.

That clip has nothing to do with cheating at all, that was just a guy who spawned at a quest hub and camped and then bullets not registering or not doing damage. BUT I blasted 10-15 shorelines in the last two nights and I can tell you, without a doubt, that there are people using ESP ESPECIALLY for Shoreline. Why? Because they're avoiding people. They're not using it to hunt people down they're literally doing it to avoid everyone and LoS on that shit map. It's one of those problems that just emboldens itself because everyone is so worried about cheaters they feel they need to cheat. I had a guy last night staring at me come out of LoS 100m away out of audio range from under a hillside and start shooting me. He sucked dick and my god awfuls scavving AKM almost killed him at range with FMJ. I check his stats. 4.0 KD with a 15 streak. No way dude. These are pussies using ESP to avoid combat and other cheaters and even with the drop it's 50/50 at best.

It's literally only a frustration with Shoreline. I expect some shenanigans deeper in during the Interchange times, but Shoreline is aids because it always is. And because it's so aids people contribute by running pro-poz AIDS simulators themselves to try and avoid the other aids. It's just a perpetuating cycle that makes it the WORST streak of like 15 quests in a row right as you hit your 20's. And it's funny because late 20's you start getting level 3 vendors and have more options for gearing, but most everyone here is running 3 helmet armor for a dumb quest, sitting still out in the open planting a fucking gun and a multitool with their back turned to the world for 60 seconds straight, running shit 7.62 ammo because the quest that requires it ironically unlocks PS ammo, and carrying 90 fucking markers around in your special inv/ass/rig just to hope you can hit some targets before Jimbob sitting on the hill with his SVD sees your hitbox pop up within 150m on a big green square and then decides to try and shoot you while full sprint.

Every other map is a dream compared to this shit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Here's a bonus clip from my teammate at shoreline, ~90 seconds into the game.

So here's the situation: We're going to Resort to plant/check a body/ who fucking knows at this point. We spawn exit to Lighthouse so we're walking in and my teammate here's a guy, blasts him. Cool. I expect another because there's never just one. He doesn't see anything, I'm behind rocks so I can't see anything.

That was the guy he just killed's teammate. He was looking for my teammate and got fucking assassinated by another team. So now we have to deal with them. It's two guys, of course. So my teammate is blasting but they're head glitching and my flank has 0 LoS so my teammate kills one and dies to the other. I nade spam and go to push, trying to find him. *zip zip zip zip* "Fucking kidding me?" *zip zip zip* I know the guy who killed my teammate wasn't using a silenced weapon. Another 2 man squad, bringing the total to 8 people in 3 minutes in one section of a gigantic fucking map concentrated in one place. So I dance and ENAS the best I can, but there's two people just shitting bullets on me and I die. Check name, completely different player, different ammo, etc.

3 minutes in and we had to fight 6 people. On the 3rd? biggest map. Fuck that. My teammate wasn't even mad he was laughing so hard after seeing that dude get fucking zooped in his head.

tkon

Trakanon Raider
This is the best patch Tarkov has had and seems like they're finally aligning their vision with changes the community has wanted for awhile.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So the survival run stat on viewing other players profiles seems to be combining scav + PMC survival records. So that's why everyone has like a 15 streak.