Escape from Tarkov

Xevy

Log Wizard
EOD was pay2advance, but everything in EoD was achievable in game eventually. The big stash and free guns (with dogshit ammo) and gamma was good, but you could achieve it by playing. You cannot get bigger pockets, a Gondor beacon, or some of the other shit that's 100% not achievable by anyone else. That's Pay2Win.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
And you're going to kill someone with a 250$ version of the game, and scoff at the fact they've spent that much. It's not like some sword of a thousand truths.

The monetary value gained from base game to eod; is absolutely massive.. take it from someone who has played on the base game for a number of wipes, and felt like i got baptized in rubles when I swapped to eod. It physically hurts helping new players with their inventory and container size with the basegame. The difference between EoD to UHE, won't be anywhere close as significant.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Coffin Dancing GIF

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Tarkov in a world the size of GTA V would be pretty wild. Why can't China force 10,000 of their slaves to map out the interior of all the buildings and get their math geniuses to allow it to run on a 486 at 60 FPS?

Fadaar

That guy
lawl glad i swapped over to SPT in January. at the very least i can enjoy playing 14.5 of live.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Already quit a few months ago. As someone with average an hour a day to play, the quest chains alone are far too deep to hope to completein a wipe. Add the fact every wipe has some level of retarded cock block added after fixing another. ( hi to you armor changes but not the armor turn in quest for quite a while) Basically an mmo of time needed.

As gay as it is the single player would probably have been good for me, but $100 on top of eod price which was already pretty high for a game? Fuck you

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I mean the last ~year of rampant, unchecked cheating should have been enough of an indicator to anyone that the game was doomed.

Then they blew all their dev time/resources making a counterstrike clone using the same garbage client-trusting game engine and netcode? Certainly one of the decisions of all time.

I assume they are either giga broke now after investing so heavily in to arena and it being a complete failure, or they are finally done trying to improve/salvage Tarkov and are just cashing out what they can before shuttering further active development.

Sludig

Yea I mean the last ~year of rampant, unchecked cheating should have been enough of an indicator to anyone that the game was doomed.

Then they blew all their dev time/resources making a counterstrike clone using the same garbage client-trusting game engine and netcode? Certainly one of the decisions of all time.

I assume they are either giga broke now after investing so heavily in to arena and it being a complete failure, or they are finally done trying to improve/salvage Tarkov and are just cashing out what they can before shuttering further active development.
Which is a shame because outside that, there was quite a few features and way the game was working I wrote liked. My k:d spiked after they finally technically fixed some things, fixed camera recoil. I liked that early too mid game seemed to last longer. I liked streets expansions and the noob map. Kinda hated the very newest armor chance and plates felt silly and needlessly convolution.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Which is a shame because outside that, there was quite a few features and way the game was working I wrote liked. My k:d spiked after they finally technically fixed some things, fixed camera recoil. I liked that early too mid game seemed to last longer. I liked streets expansions and the noob map. Kinda hated the very newest armor chance and plates felt silly and needlessly convolution.

Yea I may sound like a hater, but mostly it's just sad. The game had so much potential, but they seemed entirely unable to fully capitalize on it for whatever reason.

Maybe it's as simple as it being a Russian studio paying Russian wages to Russian dev talent and just lacking the technical ability to really effect any major overhauls.

Araxen

Lirik spent like 90 minutes at the beginning of his stream today regarding this. He can't believe how stupid the devs are. If they really need a cash infusion, they should just release the game on Steam.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Lirik spent like 90 minutes at the beginning of his stream today regarding this. He can't believe how stupid the devs are. If they really need a cash infusion, they should just release the game on Steam.

• 1Like