Eternal the Card Game

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gorgon is hardly as unreliable as you imply. And I run nothing to push evasion or aegis on it for it's first hit. Removal.... I land around 70% of my pre Haunting ones...

And Haunting is near impossible to fail if you pay attention to your opponent... to the point that the last time I tacked fail rate, I literally had zero fails in an entire week, only a handful of Stewards that disrupted it. (And they're hardly common, and die easy)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So what decks are you nerds playing? I'm still relatively poor card wise so I've just been jamming Rakano aggro in ranked until I build up enough dust to make something else.

Deck is fine and very stabby, gotten me up to gold 2 so far, but it's really starting to struggle lately. Seems like every other match is running at least 4 board sweepers, or if they aren't they are on plate or Argenport weapon decks that my only answer to is my x4 vanquish, so if I miss drawing one or they have multiple big weapons to play I just can't win anymore.

Gorgon is hardly as unreliable as you imply. And I run nothing to push evasion or aegis on it for it's first hit. Removal.... I land around 70% of my pre Haunting ones...
Can I see your deck? Not even snarky, I am curious how you manage 70% hits by turn 4 considering all of the early game aggression/stalling/removal/silences that is everywhere. Also, Steward of the Past just needs to hit the board to silence your entire void which ruins your strategy altogether. It kind of demolishes any void-focused decks.

Currently running a modified Xenan Killers and Elysian Midrange, both of them with extra hard removal because Cowthulhu is lurking everywhere.

Last edited:

Vaclav

Banish, Permafrost, Lightning Storm, -0/-4 shadow sweeper is the removal package I run alongside Excavate which often multiplies uses of the removal. I'll often delay past turn 4 though, I don't drop them until I've got board status under control unless I'm planning to intentionally sacrifice it to trade then Haunting.

As well as some Ambush that effectively double as removal.

You know, you can export the full deck for other players. They can even import yours by copying it.

2 Dark Return (Set1 #250)
1 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
4 Argenport Instigator (Set1 #268)
4 Blistersting Wasp (Set2 #202)
4 Vara's Favor (Set0 #35)
4 Xenan Initiation (Set2 #44)
4 Auric Interrogator (Set1002 #13)
4 Ayan, the Abductor (Set2 #204)
4 Banish (Set2 #207)
4 Dawnwalker (Set1 #86)
3 Deathstrike (Set1 #290)
4 Sandstorm Titan (Set1 #99)
4 Xenan Obelisk (Set1 #103)
4 Umbren Reaper (Set1 #299)
4 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)
3 Amber Monument (Set1 #420)
6 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
4 Seat of Mystery (Set0 #61)
4 Xenan Banner (Set2 #201)
4 Diplomatic Seal (Set1 #425)

1 Infinite Hourglass (Set1 #67)
4 Initiate of the Sands (Set1 #74)
4 Permafrost (Set1 #193)
2 Backlash (Set1 #200)
3 Friendly Wisp (Set1 #82)
4 Temple Scribe (Set1 #502)
3 Xenan Initiation (Set2 #44)
3 Amber Acolyte (Set1 #93)
4 Dawnwalker (Set1 #86)
4 False Prince (Set1 #356)
3 Polymorph (Set1 #211)
4 Sandstorm Titan (Set1 #99)
4 Xenan Obelisk (Set1 #103)
4 Cirso, the Great Glutton (Set1 #362)
2 Crystallize (Set1 #232)
1 Predatory Carnosaur (Set1 #118)
7 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)
4 Amber Monument (Set1 #420)
6 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187)
4 Elysian Banner (Set1 #421)
4 Seat of Wisdom (Set0 #63)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the deck import is super sweet. Let's me quickly copy/paste decks people post on Warcry or whatever and immediately delete them because I don't have 35,000 shiftstone to craft them.

Zaphid Zaphid Time decks tend to be expensive because Sandstorn Titan is strong and one of their main ways to combat fliers. Rakano, Stonescar, Feln Tempo and Praxis Tokens are good budget options while you build your collection via draft.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Zaphid Zaphid Time decks tend to be expensive because Sandstorn Titan is strong and one of their main ways to combat fliers. Rakano, Stonescar, Feln Tempo and Praxis Tokens are good budget options while you build your collection via draft.
I cobbled together these two:
Homebrew black
4 Dark Return (Set1 #250)
3 Direfang Spider (Set1 #256)
4 Fallen Oni (Set2 #138)
3 Slumbering Stone (Set1 #255)
4 Dark Wisp (Set1 #264)
4 Devour (Set1 #261)
2 Amethyst Acolyte (Set1 #276)
4 Beastcaller's Amulet (Set1 #282)
3 Devouring Shadow (Set0 #36)
4 Ravenous Thornbeast (Set1 #278)
2 Shadowlands Guide (Set1 #280)
4 Deathstrike (Set1 #290)
3 Memory Dredger (Set2 #159)
1 Vara, Fate-Touched (Set1 #307)
26 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
Burn
4 Oni Ronin (Set1 #13)
4 Ruthless Stranger (Set1 #11)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Flame Blast (Set1 #2)
4 Kaleb's Favor (Set0 #3)
2 Ornate Katana (Set1 #23)
3 Praxis Stranger (Set2 #248)
4 Rakano Stranger (Set1 #411)
3 Skycrag Stranger (Set2 #250)
4 Stonescar Stranger (Set1 #413)
4 Groundbreaker (Set2 #21)
1 Swift Stranger (Set2 #24)
4 Flash Fire (Set0 #6)
4 Obliterate (Set1 #48)
23 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
3 Granite Monument (Set1 #423)

Which got me to Silver just fine, but I'm kinda struggling now. I'll see what else I can put together.

I cobbled together these two:
Homebrew black
4 Dark Return (Set1 #250)
3 Direfang Spider (Set1 #256)
4 Fallen Oni (Set2 #138)
3 Slumbering Stone (Set1 #255)
4 Dark Wisp (Set1 #264)
4 Devour (Set1 #261)
2 Amethyst Acolyte (Set1 #276)
4 Beastcaller's Amulet (Set1 #282)
3 Devouring Shadow (Set0 #36)
4 Ravenous Thornbeast (Set1 #278)
2 Shadowlands Guide (Set1 #280)
4 Deathstrike (Set1 #290)
3 Memory Dredger (Set2 #159)
1 Vara, Fate-Touched (Set1 #307)
26 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
Burn
4 Oni Ronin (Set1 #13)
4 Ruthless Stranger (Set1 #11)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Flame Blast (Set1 #2)
4 Kaleb's Favor (Set0 #3)
2 Ornate Katana (Set1 #23)
3 Praxis Stranger (Set2 #248)
4 Rakano Stranger (Set1 #411)
3 Skycrag Stranger (Set2 #250)
4 Stonescar Stranger (Set1 #413)
4 Groundbreaker (Set2 #21)
1 Swift Stranger (Set2 #24)
4 Flash Fire (Set0 #6)
4 Obliterate (Set1 #48)
23 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
3 Granite Monument (Set1 #423)

Which got me to Silver just fine, but I'm kinda struggling now. I'll see what else I can put together.

If I may suggest a few things on your burn deck:
I like the idea behind it, and I understand you are going for the Stranger synergy, but you have ten faction strangers which are only 2/2 at best and four Ruthless Strangers and one Swift Stranger, which drastically understates Stranger synergy. Worse, it completely falls apart with a single Lightning Storm as you normally have to seriously over-commit with them. I suggest keeping the ruthless strangers as-is (as they are at worse an aggressive-statted 2/1 and at best 5/1 if you somehow get all four in play), but swap the faction strangers and the swift stranger. Good mono-fire cards to consider is the Rakano Outlaw (she can push past five health blockers unscathed if coupled with Torch on top of Warcry), Pyroknight (who can be ultimated to become a sizeable lategame threat and push for lethal), or even Grenadin Drone coupled with Rally for a go-wide strategy. That should help you push for gold at minimum, as I have certainly seen mono-fire decks in diamond.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If I may suggest a few things on your burn deck:
I like the idea behind it, and I understand you are going for the Stranger synergy, but you have ten faction strangers which are only 2/2 at best and four Ruthless Strangers and one Swift Stranger, which drastically understates Stranger synergy. Worse, it completely falls apart with a single Lightning Storm as you normally have to seriously over-commit with them. I suggest keeping the ruthless strangers as-is (as they are at worse an aggressive-statted 2/1 and at best 5/1 if you somehow get all four in play), but swap the faction strangers and the swift stranger. Good mono-fire cards to consider is the Rakano Outlaw (she can push past five health blockers unscathed if coupled with Torch on top of Warcry), Pyroknight (who can be ultimated to become a sizeable lategame threat and push for lethal), or even Grenadin Drone coupled with Rally for a go-wide strategy. That should help you push for gold at minimum, as I have certainly seen mono-fire decks in diamond.
Fair enough, it was the first budget deck I could find, I'll see what I can do, but Flashfire for 10+ seems to catch a lot of people off guard.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

I'm quite aware, I don't support netdecking though.

• 1Picard

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If you're as shiftstone poor as I am rakano aggro can be pretty cheap and effective to build provided you bought the latest expansion. Cinder Yeti is a hell of a beating for people to deal with and he comes as a 4 of. I was running like 12 1-drop dudes, the rakano champions, that wacry quickstrike chick, etc. I can't get a decklist right now but I'll export it when I get home today.

I've joined the darkside now though and am just playing like b/g rock style argenport because tavrod is so nuts. He's easily the best card I have access to so might as well use him eh? B/g also has just the best removal you could ask for, and that new 3 mana 4/3 minotaur that draws cards on end step is nice additional source of card advantage for when your Tavrod inevitably gets vanquished.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider

Sandstorm titan is such a bullshit card, its just to good from a design aspect imo.

I toned back my play of the game a lot since when I first found it, the shuffler just pisses me off far to much.

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Titan, and to various lesser extends, a bunch of the other legendaries are bit odd to me yea. You can't even play like, a plain vanilla 4 mana 4/6, but for some reason Titan is just the most aggressively push stats in the game on top of great effects?

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
It was a huge discussion during beta, and no one could ever give a legitimate reason for keeping it that way, but the devs never seemed to budge on it. The only argument for it was basically 'if we nerf it, something else will be the best card then' which made no fucking sense. It should have been a 4/5, or only removed flying on things in play when it hit, or cost 1 more power.. whatever, it needed a slight nerf and it still would have been one of the best creatures.

• 1Like

Vaclav

It was a huge discussion during beta, and no one could ever give a legitimate reason for keeping it that way, but the devs never seemed to budge on it. The only argument for it was basically 'if we nerf it, something else will be the best card then' which made no fucking sense. It should have been a 4/5, or only removed flying on things in play when it hit, or cost 1 more power.. whatever, it needed a slight nerf and it still would have been one of the best creatures.

It was probably setup as such to keep flying in check - with Slug it might becoming less necessary though. Much like overly pushed hate cards in MTG to keep X/Y/Z effect in check. (although admittedly not as extreme as Titan)

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The game is obviously lacking some sort of other "Reach" mechanic, I have no idea why it's not in since like every other TCG has it.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
It was probably setup as such to keep flying in check - with Slug it might becoming less necessary though. Much like overly pushed hate cards in MTG to keep X/Y/Z effect in check. (although admittedly not as extreme as Titan)
Well yea, sure, but it could do that without being a ridiculously good creature against non-flyers. The under costed body plus endurance makes it a very good creature against everyone. The anti-flying just destroys flyer decks if they don't have a removal/silence for it.
I tried playing some shadow/primal decks with flyers, and if a sandstorm hit the table that I didn't have spot removal for, I just lost. Period. Even when I had a removal, half the time they'd draw a 2nd one before I could close out the game. Or, their other threats would soak some removal.
I mean.. it's a 5/6 with endurance for 4 power. That alone is already better then practically every other creature in the game, or it was. I'm not familiar with the expansions.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Well yea, sure, but it could do that without being a ridiculously good creature against non-flyers. The under costed body plus endurance makes it a very good creature against everyone. The anti-flying just destroys flyer decks if they don't have a removal/silence for it.
I tried playing some shadow/primal decks with flyers, and if a sandstorm hit the table that I didn't have spot removal for, I just lost. Period. Even when I had a removal, half the time they'd draw a 2nd one before I could close out the game. Or, their other threats would soak some removal.
I mean.. it's a 5/6 with endurance for 4 power. That alone is already better then practically every other creature in the game, or it was. I'm not familiar with the expansions.

Still is the most bullshit card. I have asked (trolled) LSV in his twitch chat a few times asking how that card was rationalized and then not nerfed. He always avoids the question but you can tell he hates that it is even brought up.