Ethernet with wifi pci express?

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Does a card like this exist? I've searched all over google and it's either Ethernet OR Wifi, but both on the same card does not seem to exist. I figured this would be a normal thing. Maybe i'm searching wrong? "Pci Express Ethernet card with Wifi"
My kids computer seems to be stuck at 100Mbps, even when doing a direct cat6 from the router, I've gone through and checked settings on the (mobo ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX) and everything seems okay.
SO i figured I'd buy (kinda to test, but permanent if it works) a good mixed card.
So, does anyone know if one of these is out there somewhere?
Thanks!

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Does a card like this exist? I've searched all over google and it's either Ethernet OR Wifi, but both on the same card does not seem to exist. I figured this would be a normal thing. Maybe i'm searching wrong? "Pci Express Ethernet card with Wifi"
My kids computer seems to be stuck at 100Mbps, even when doing a direct cat6 from the router, I've gone through and checked settings on the (mobo ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX) and everything seems okay.
SO i figured I'd buy (kinda to test, but permanent if it works) a good mixed card.
Thanks!

I've never heard of both on a single card.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks!
I'd probably try some other stuff first, because I'm pretty sure that mobo's ethernet port should get you better speeds.

How far from the router is it? Other devices plugged into the router get better speeds? It's possible it's a setting on your router that is limiting him

Have you tried installing the drivers for the motherboard? PRIME Z390-A|Motherboards|ASUS USA (Drivers & Tools, then choose OS, then LAN is the one you want)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
just buy a usb3 gigabit nic
935861b910ff864571933a17d6b0cb57.png

it's win 10/11 plug n play, don't even have to think about d/l drivers, which is most likely why your nic is failing in the first place.

if this doesn't work, then your cabling is failing

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I'd probably try some other stuff first, because I'm pretty sure that mobo's ethernet port should get you better speeds.

How far from the router is it? Other devices plugged into the router get better speeds? It's possible it's a setting on your router that is limiting him

Have you tried installing the drivers for the motherboard? PRIME Z390-A|Motherboards|ASUS USA (Drivers & Tools, then choose OS, then LAN is the one you want)
I like these suggestions:

it's about 100 feet away, house is fully wired. I have a 100ft Cat6 cable I use for testing. If I run that cable to his room, same 100ish Mbps, same cable to my PC, ~850Mbps (same port off the switch) I've tried other ports as well.

The drivers... I have not actually tried that one, this is my next step, thank you for that suggestion!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I like these suggestions:

it's about 100 feet away, house is fully wired. I have a 100ft Cat6 cable I use for testing. If I run that cable to his room, same 100ish Mbps, same cable to my PC, ~850Mbps (same port off the switch) I've tried other ports as well.

The drivers... I have not actually tried that one, this is my next step, thank you for that suggestion!
Yeah, that motherboard is supposed to be rated for gigabit Ethernet, so if it's not getting it there is something going on there. I'm guessing drivers probably fixes it. If not then Lanx solution likely just bypasses the problem