Europa Report - 2013 great year for sci fi

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I watched it without seeing the trailer so that didn't colour my perception of it. I thought it was alright actually and
thought it was a neat plot device for her to be broadcasting from inside the cockpit and not an after action report so you were thinking she had somehow survived. I should go watch the trailer now, if they sold it as a monster movie than haha! at their shameless bullshit to pull people in.

Edit: Watched the trailer, yup they were very naughty with the way they cut that trailer! Thank god I didn't watch it beforehand.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
looks pretty sweet.that very last part,when he was alone in space.....very freaky indeed

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
so the "monster" was some octopus robot?

thats what i got out of it

Fazana_sl

shitlord
so the "monster" was some octopus robot?

thats what i got out of it
There was no "monster" as such, it was just the natural life that they sporadically saw under the surface. They missed the right landing zone (which was very fortunate it turned out...) so the area they were in was a very thick layer of ice. It was only when the probe was hit by something and the lady scientist went out for a space walk to the original landing area you found how much closer to the surface the underground sea was there. The final act of the russian engineer was to repair the communications because they had no way of getting home and the pilot then opened the airlock to let the water inside once they started sinking in the hope of the camera catching the local life forms before the lander was destroyed. Tha's what happened, the final shot of space footage was of a creature in the lens.

Sadly Senator Clay didn't say Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit once >.<

The trailer was cut VERY misleadingly.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
The trailer was cut VERY misleadingly.
Well it's not like they had much else to work with for a trailer besides people talking to each other about uninteresting things or monologing in a ships log or interview. It all boiled down to the same thing hinted at in the trailer anyway. Expedition > stupid people > problems > angry space octopus
tongue.png
it just wasn't as action packed as it was made out to be.

spronk

FPS noob
Saw this today and enjoyed it. Definitely more a science-y movie than anything else, not at all a horror or scifi/action movie. Worth watching at home since they do a lot of 3 or 6 multiscreen shots and its nice pausing in some of them to catch stuff. Its pretty straightforward, no over the top stuff or even any character development, just a story of what it might be like for man to go exploring beyond our planet. The non-linear story/editing made it a little frustrating at the beginning but it kinda worked.

imo its something you would like if you watch a lot of Nova, Universe, Cosmos, etc. The launch stuff also made me itch to go play Kerbal!

iannis

Musty Nester
That's actually a very good movie. Reminded me a lot of Moon with Kevin Spacey. Only 2 things really bothered me

1. "The engines are stable at absolute zero". Really? NEAT!

2. 2 females 4 males on a 5 year voyage? Boom-chika-wah-wah

Cplindsey91_sl

shitlord
I loved this movie. Acting was solid. And I like how they didn't ruin the suspense halfway in. It was even better as a surprise netflix watch.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
wait, this wasn't a train wreck b movie? I watched until the first dude didn't make it back and turned it off

Lusiphur

Peasant
This was one of the best films of last year in my opinion, especially in the way they didn't puss out on the ending.

Northerner

N00b
I found it to be somewhat flawed but generally very good. The script could have used another pass or two to refine some of the plot elements but the acting, direction and production were excellent.

I'll likely watch it again sometime.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It was ok, it certainly wasn't amazing nor would I go out of my way to watch it again. Certainly can do worse though.