Eve Mobile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Besides the discord, any current up to date starter guides of sorts that break things down somewhat simply. Havn't played in like a decade so I dont remember much or many things no longer relavant I imagine.
The reddit has a weekly (somewhat weekly) stupid questions thread or w/e. I read over several weeks of comments and figured out a lot of stuff. But there is so much more that veteran players attribute to common sense, and it may very well be. But you wont have certain questions until you have hands on experience with what you're doing.

For example, I have a control range on my drones of 36km. But when I sent them out at 36km, they would orbit and only hit the target for zero. The medium drones I have have an optimal orbit of 4.2km, so sending them out at 36km would only give them what is essentially half their orbit range at exactly 36km rendering them useless at that range. So for them to get full orbital range, I have to send them out at around 32km, and by the time they get to the target, they would be well within the 31.8km range needed to have full orbital range and do damage.

But yes, simply asking Discord and/or looking on reddit will give you a LOT of data. The spread sheets and google docs will help tremendously. As a side note, Missiles are the go-to flavor of the meta right now.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
The reddit has a weekly (somewhat weekly) stupid questions thread or w/e. I read over several weeks of comments and figured out a lot of stuff. But there is so much more that veteran players attribute to common sense, and it may very well be. But you wont have certain questions until you have hands on experience with what you're doing.

For example, I have a control range on my drones of 36km. But when I sent them out at 36km, they would orbit and only hit the target for zero. The medium drones I have have an optimal orbit of 4.2km, so sending them out at 36km would only give them what is essentially half their orbit range at exactly 36km rendering them useless at that range. So for them to get full orbital range, I have to send them out at around 32km, and by the time they get to the target, they would be well within the 31.8km range needed to have full orbital range and do damage.

But yes, simply asking Discord and/or looking on reddit will give you a LOT of data. The spread sheets and google docs will help tremendously. As a side note, Missiles are the go-to flavor of the meta right now.
Check out the corp deadspace. It’s what I’m in. Always running dead space stuff and are the lead members of an alliance that “hold” fountain

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Anyone in a corp leader/officer position that has any idea how to use corp funds to buy plex? Or more specifically, how you get the corp to pay for a members omega status? I see the page for it, but outside of withdrawing the ISK and just doing it that way - I dont see how to do it through corp.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I guess my corp is joining Golden Horde now. Doesn't change much for me personally except we get to relocate to some fuckin nice space. Will be pretty cool to see how these giant battles play out.

Daidraco

Outside of completing story missions - where is the main source of ISK coming from now? C-Type modules are still bringing in good money, but even they are selling for less than what they used to sell for. Have a group of friends and we knock out the T10 storyline missions in an hour or two. But it just seems like we have to either focus on the news missions for the story missions, or farm for specialty anoms.

Also, Ive got a fully kitted Prophecy - and Im kind of lost on what to do next? I'm currently Drone focused, with Missiles as secondary > But I want something thats better at PVP cause the Prophecy is set up for PVE. Any suggestions?

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Outside of completing story missions - where is the main source of ISK coming from now? C-Type modules are still bringing in good money, but even they are selling for less than what they used to sell for. Have a group of friends and we knock out the T10 storyline missions in an hour or two. But it just seems like we have to either focus on the news missions for the story missions, or farm for specialty anoms.

Also, Ive got a fully kitted Prophecy - and Im kind of lost on what to do next? I'm currently Drone focused, with Missiles as secondary > But I want something thats better at PVP cause the Prophecy is set up for PVE. Any suggestions?
Deadspace anoms seem to be the best source of income right now.

Your pvp really depends on what you want to do. You want to gate camp, solo, fleet, etc...For instance my alliance has a stabber/cane doctrine for fleet fights. So im trained into stuff for that. Group stuff generally has a faction frig or two for fast tackle/dps then whatever shit you are skilled into for cruisers and stuff to blap the people.

Drones are pretty bad in pvp though against decent players. They can just shoot your drones and then bye bye drones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Deadspace anoms seem to be the best source of income right now.

Your pvp really depends on what you want to do. You want to gate camp, solo, fleet, etc...For instance my alliance has a stabber/cane doctrine for fleet fights. So im trained into stuff for that. Group stuff generally has a faction frig or two for fast tackle/dps then whatever shit you are skilled into for cruisers and stuff to blap the people.

Drones are pretty bad in pvp though against decent players. They can just shoot your drones and then bye bye drones.
Yea - Ive learned about the drones ability, or lack thereof.