EVE Online

Naj_sl

shitlord
I recently got an urge to play this game again. I quit around when that BoB director defected and reset all their sovereignty. I sold all my characters back then with the exception of this old Caldari Achura. Anyone have any suggestions on how to skill to get into small scale PVP? I'll probably be soloing until I figure out what I want to do as a long term goal.

Panleukopenia

Attributes
Intelligence:24

Perception:24

Charisma:18

Willpower:24

Memory:24

Drones
5 Drones
5 Scout Drone Operation
Total Skillpoints in Group: 512,000

Electronics
5 Electronics
3 Electronics Upgrades
3 Long Range Targeting
4 Signature Analysis
4 Targeting
Total Skillpoints in Group: 378,510

Engineering
3 Energy Grid Upgrades
3 Energy Management
4 Energy Systems Operation
5 Engineering
2 Shield Compensation
3 Shield Management
3 Shield Operation
3 Shield Upgrades
2 Tactical Shield Manipulation
Total Skillpoints in Group: 397,741

Gunnery
5 Gunnery
1 Sharpshooter
5 Small Hybrid Turret
3 Weapon Upgrades
Total Skillpoints in Group: 528,500

Industry
1 Mining
Total Skillpoints in Group: 250

Mechanics
3 Hull Upgrades
3 Mechanics
Total Skillpoints in Group: 24,000

Missile Launcher Operation
3 Heavy Assault Missiles
4 Heavy Missiles
3 Light Missiles
3 Missile Bombardment
5 Missile Launcher Operation
2 Missile Projection
3 Rapid Launch
4 Rockets
3 Target Navigation Prediction
Total Skillpoints in Group: 530,677

Navigation
3 Evasive Maneuvering
3 Navigation
3 Warp Drive Operation
Total Skillpoints in Group: 32,000

Science
1 Cybernetics
3 Science
Total Skillpoints in Group: 8,750

Spaceship Command
4 Battlecruisers
3 Caldari Cruiser
4 Caldari Frigate
4Spaceship Command
Total Skillpoints in Group: 447,295

Total Skillpoints: 2,859,723
Total Number of Skills: 50

Skills at Level 0: 9
Skills at Level 1: 3
Skills at Level 2: 3
Skills at Level 3: 20
Skills at Level 4: 8
Skills at Level 5: 7

Black Sun Wizard

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm not an expert by any stretch, but I would suggest trying to skill up frigates, blasters (hybrid turrets), MWD's, afterburners, etc. Anything to make your frigate fly fast around people and hit quick. Frigates are the easy way into PvP.

Marple_sl

shitlord
and overheat any modules...I cannot say how important it is to overheat in the right moment. It will make a huge difference in Pvp especially in small/mid gang fights.

If you want to go solo, especially as a noob be prepare to burn thru alot of ships. It can be done but in Solo PvP it all comes down to expierence and not skill points. Seriously, I would advice you the same I advice any EvE Noob. Find a PvP Corp and get your training there. You will start of as a T1 tackler but you will get the picture very fast and you can take it from there. Solo PvP might be the toughest way to learn and it doesen't even cover 10 % of what you need to know about PvP.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
uh actually solo pvp will teach you about 80-90% of what you need to know about pvp. Basically there's only 2 types of "good" pvpers; those that know/learned how to pvp solo, and those who are really good at following directions from a good fc.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I learned a lot about PvP from rolling around in my plated Vexor in Old Man Star. I learned that most people who pirate in OMS are retards who deserve to be parted from their spaceships.

Marple_sl

shitlord
uh actually solo pvp will teach you about 80-90% of what you need to know about pvp. Basically there's only 2 types of "good" pvpers; those that know/learned how to pvp solo, and those who are really good at following directions from a good fc.
You learn how to evaluate a situation. How to recon ships you can or can't take...yes and you will learn alot about the ship you are flying...BUT you will have no clue how to break a logistics supported gang. You will know nothing about group tactics, how to set up a gate camp. Nothing about fleet tactics, tackling, etc..there are not two types of PvP players there is only one and to be really good you need to learn PvP from the scratch you will always learn that in the right corp. Beeing in a corp doesen't mean you can't fly solo but at least you can rely on back up and have some kind of infrastructure to support you. Comon guys , don't lie to the noobs, EvE isn't the game for lone wolves.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I said two types of Good pvpers and I stand by my statement. A solo player will be far better at doing everything you listed and more likely to be leading said gang than someone who thinks that solo is only 10% of pvp.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I'm interested in getting into a null sec corp in the next month or two. I want to do exploration and a little bit of ratting. No problems with pvping as needed by the corp. Anyone have any advice about how to make this happen without having many in game contacts?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Not that I'm really interested, but were those new destroyers just tier 2 or actual tech 2 combat focused ones? Were they any good?

Darshu_sl

shitlord
Not that I'm really interested, but were those new destroyers just tier 2 or actual tech 2 combat focused ones? Were they any good?
I think they're fun. The Corax is win. Rockets and the sexy u-boat in space look. Wish it could fit a covert ops cloak.
Haven't flown the other 3 to comment on them.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Just reactivated my mostly afk trained account and been looking for the past 30 mins at my ship trying to figure out what to do next. I got 50 mils in my name and a Istar / Iskur / Dominix with 2-3 years old pve fits and that's about it.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Hali_Ekel

Darshu_sl

shitlord
Just reactivated my mostly afk trained account and been looking for the past 30 mins at my ship trying to figure out what to do next. I got 50 mils in my name and a Istar / Iskur / Dominix with 2-3 years old pve fits and that's about it.
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Hali_Ekel
Haha what did you read about that sucked you back in?
You have a pretty versatile toon. Trying to do PvE, WHs? or something more PVP related?

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Haha what did you read about that sucked you back in?
You have a pretty versatile toon. Trying to do PvE, WHs? or something more PVP related?
Before I quit the plan was to get into WH and that's why I started training cruiser skills for all races (thinking t3) and trying to improve my shield tanking skills and gunnery. I'm not a big fan of battleships or bigger (to slow) so I think I'm gonna improve my bc/hac/command ship skills.

What's the flavor of the month for WH ? Is the Tengu still kicking ass ? I'm sick of drones, I was leaning towards a Legion for pew pew lazerz.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
I am in a similar boat.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Skav_Alta
I have 1.8 mil unallocated skill points. Looking to get back into it, just need a nudge in the right direction. PVE mostly to start until I get up to speed.
Jorren your toon is setup for mining more than anything. I'd get into a WH corp that does some mining/anomalies or find a null sec corp that has access to lower level anomalies (ports). The absolute best space isn't necessarily the best space for you. WHing will take some extra training time because you'll need to train up probing skills.

Before I quit the plan was to get into WH and that's why I started training cruiser skills for all races (thinking t3) and trying to improve my shield tanking skills and gunnery. I'm not a big fan of battleships or bigger (to slow) so I think I'm gonna improve my bc/hac/command ship skills.

What's the flavor of the month for WH ? Is the Tengu still kicking ass ? I'm sick of drones, I was leaning towards a Legion for pew pew lazerz.
Not a big WHer myself. The Tengu is pretty much the PvE god even after the missile nerf. Can't go wrong there.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Shield Heavy Missile Tengu's are still the undisputed PvE kings. For everything else, fly armor. Blaster Proteus is probably the most popular pvp ship for fleet work because of it's absurd dps potential and great tank, but hey, it's blasters; face melt range only. They need support...like web Lokis. Web lokis are just badass. Good dps, good tank, and 56k webs with boosts. Always need a couple web lokis around. Loki pilots get bonus points for being able to participate in capitol escalation PvE. Legion..... is versatile. And ugly. But pretty cool, if you can fit them (tight fitting/expensive to fit well). Neut legion is 1/3 the cost of a bhaalgorn, and half as effective. Easier to fly, better survivability. Can't have enough of em. Laser/HAM Legion.....okay, they work, and pretty well too. However if you want to shoot lasers you're better off with an Absolution. Well skilled Abso's just rape. It'll be interesting to see if the other Command ships rise up with the rebalance later this year.

Everyone loves Guardians, and every fleet always wants more of them. Helps that they are fun to fly. Devoters are the gold standard for HICs, but you only ever really need 1-2 in a fleet.

Toss in some Talos/Tornado (but mainly Talos) skills for null forays, maybe some Arazu/Falcon/Rapier/Bomber skills for BLOPS work.....and you have everything you need to pvp with the big boys in wh space.

Noctis/gassing venture should be a given at this point for every toon you own, especially considering how quick they are to train.