EVE Online

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Shield Heavy Missile Tengu's are still the undisputed PvE kings. For everything else, fly armor. Blaster Proteus is probably the most popular pvp ship for fleet work because of it's absurd dps potential and great tank, but hey, it's blasters; face melt range only. They need support...like web Lokis. Web lokis are just badass. Good dps, good tank, and 56k webs with boosts. Always need a couple web lokis around. Loki pilots get bonus points for being able to participate in capitol escalation PvE. Legion..... is versatile. And ugly. But pretty cool, if you can fit them (tight fitting/expensive to fit well). Neut legion is 1/3 the cost of a bhaalgorn, and half as effective. Easier to fly, better survivability. Can't have enough of em. Laser/HAM Legion.....okay, they work, and pretty well too. However if you want to shoot lasers you're better off with an Absolution. Well skilled Abso's just rape. It'll be interesting to see if the other Command ships rise up with the rebalance later this year.

Everyone loves Guardians, and every fleet always wants more of them. Helps that they are fun to fly. Devoters are the gold standard for HICs, but you only ever really need 1-2 in a fleet.

Toss in some Talos/Tornado (but mainly Talos) skills for null forays, maybe some Arazu/Falcon/Rapier/Bomber skills for BLOPS work.....and you have everything you need to pvp with the big boys in wh space.

Noctis/gassing venture should be a given at this point for every toon you own, especially considering how quick they are to train.
Is there anything to do in PvE that isn't Tengu or battleship+ land yet? Not that I wouldn't PvP but don't have the time to invest in a corp now and I quit last time because you either did PvP or you did L4s in a Raven.

EDIT: Let me clarify... I meant 'productive', obviously there were always all 5 levels of missions :p

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Sorry, a better way of putting it:

The issue I always had was my character is basically capped on anything to do with interceptors/SBs/dictors and I love flying smaller ships which works in PvP. PvE has always been bigger = more reward so you needed to putt putt around in a slow ass BS or cruiser in order to do anything outside of it.

That has not changed, right?

Darshu_sl

shitlord
Sorry, a better way of putting it:

The issue I always had was my character is basically capped on anything to do with interceptors/SBs/dictors and I love flying smaller ships which works in PvP. PvE has always been bigger = more reward so you needed to putt putt around in a slow ass BS or cruiser in order to do anything outside of it.

That has not changed, right?
Yeah I'd say thats still true. The smallest ship you could really do high end PvE in is a strategic cruiser.

caesium

Molten Core Raider
Yeah T3 is about as small as you can get if you want to make decent isk. they are not bad to fly though

Chris

Potato del Grande
My Corp is having a bit of a newbie duels competition on Friday, though I think there will be some more experienced guys there.
Foolishly they have said that only Condors and Meta 0 Modules are allowed this week. I've put a fit together but my support skills are weak other than Caldari Frigates 5 and I was wondering if you guys have any last minute advice I can use to win the prize?

Condor
High:x3 Light Missiles with Kinetic Light Missiles and EM Light Missiles in cargohold.
Medium:Medium Sheild Extender, Afterburner, Gravimetic ECM Target Breaker, Gravimetic Backup Sensor Array
Low:Aux Power Core, Ballistic Control
Rig:Power Grid Boost, Sheild Extender, Kinetic Sheild Hardener

I know it's probally a bad fit but I'm being slightly sneaky fiting Gravimetric ECM, Kinetic Hardeners, and EM Missiles when I KNOW I'm fighting Caldari ships and have the counter to ECM and Kinetic Hardeners just in case it's done to me. Will be wanting to fight at ~30KM if possible, Light Missiles rather than Rockets so that I can get kiters.

I was wondering if it's safe to fight Frigates with a MWD turned on. Will it boost the damage of Frigate weapons v Frigates significantly? And should I go full retard sneaky with the Caldari Ship counters?

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I'm opening up my personal C1/HS to any FOHer's that have PI alts. I could use some help to keep the large tower I have there running. Great planet combo to make Mech Parts, Coolant and other profitable P1/P2 combos. Message Vuudu/Somane/Acura Achura if you're interested.

Mangala_sl

shitlord
My Corp is having a bit of a newbie duels competition on Friday, though I think there will be some more experienced guys there.
Foolishly they have said that only Condors and Meta 0 Modules are allowed this week. I've put a fit together but my support skills are weak other than Caldari Frigates 5 and I was wondering if you guys have any last minute advice I can use to win the prize?

Condor
High:x3 Light Missiles with Kinetic Light Missiles and EM Light Missiles in cargohold.
Medium:Medium Sheild Extender, Afterburner, Gravimetic ECM Target Breaker, Gravimetic Backup Sensor Array
Low:Aux Power Core, Ballistic Control
Rig:Power Grid Boost, Sheild Extender, Kinetic Sheild Hardener

I know it's probally a bad fit but I'm being slightly sneaky fiting Gravimetric ECM, Kinetic Hardeners, and EM Missiles when I KNOW I'm fighting Caldari ships and have the counter to ECM and Kinetic Hardeners just in case it's done to me. Will be wanting to fight at ~30KM if possible, Light Missiles rather than Rockets so that I can get kiters.

I was wondering if it's safe to fight Frigates with a MWD turned on. Will it boost the damage of Frigate weapons v Frigates significantly? And should I go full retard sneaky with the Caldari Ship counters?
If you are using LM's, why not try and fit an MWD on the condor, then sit at 25-30km and orbit the target, all the while jamming it and dropping missiles on it, and rather than go with the backup array, throw on a TP so you increase their sig radius giving your LM's more "area" to hit. Like so:

[Condor, DishonourDor]
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Ballistic Control System I

1MN Microwarpdrive I
Medium Shield Extender I
ECM - Spatial Destabilizer I
Target Painter I

Light Missile Launcher I, Scourge Light Missile
[empty high slot]

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I

(Rigs are to taste obviously, depending on skills - and fitting needs).

The AB you have fit just wont let you run from others if they are fit with mwds. Now if you are both ab fit, then switch to rockets instead of LM's and throw on a neut to do their capacitor over, and just close in while jamming them, and hopefully your jams wont drop before you beat through whatever tank they use.

[Condor, rocketdor]
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Ballistic Control System I

1MN Afterburner I
Medium Shield Extender I
ECM - Spatial Destabilizer I
Target Painter I

Rocket Launcher I, Mjolnir Rocket
Small Energy Neutralizer I

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I

Regarding fighting other frigs with your MWD on, your sig radius will bloom making you a larger target for incoming missiles to hit, however in the LM fit Condor you do want to be dictating range and the MWD is the way to do it tbh. Also if the other duelist has mwd fit you dont want to be on the other end of a kite now do you? Although if he is MWDing like you, you'll both take a tad more damage than if you were not.

kidRiot_sl

shitlord
Just read and watch some Eve stuff. I was about to give Eve another go until I remembered that space combat is nothing like the trailers...

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
been a while since a BR so:
we've been mucking about with a new HAM Legion fleet comp. first real trial run went pretty well in aquasi-3-wayfight between some fw dudes who were finishing off someone's RF'd poco.

We initially bridge in with subcaps + a triage carrier to bait out caps. we had several blap moros on stand by hoping they would drop dreads. Alas, they brought out 4 triage carriers of their own instead. This presented a small problem in that we couldn't use damps to break down their logi chain and our dps could not break their reps. we initally started by primarying fleet temp's and doing target switches repeatedly trying to overpower their reps but quad triage archons are just too much. Even when we'd swap targets the best we could do was get them down to 50% hull before reps landed. This went on for a while before we realized we needed to do something else.

We killed a few smaller ships but basically we were deadlocked unable to break them. Even with only 1 triage on our side, they weren't really doing anything to us. About this time sniggwaffe shows up at range in arty and start blapping our celestii. Eve-kill doesn't show it but over the course of the fight we lose 4 celestii. (the 3 unknowns at the bottom of the br are all celestis' losses). these are our only losses, and since they have so many triage carriers the celestii turn out not to be needed anyway.

SW is at range and are warping in and out of the fight to keep range from our ball of HAM fury and picking off celestii, as well as the FW guys who lost ships are warping back in with new ships and reinforcements. So with no way to really break the archons (they can remote cap each other out of triage faster than we neut them) we decide to up the ante a bit and jump in 2 moros. Initially this is just to test the waters as besides from sniggwaffe there is a legit PL member and fweddit among their ranks fighting as well and we didn't wanna summon either the PL supercap rape train nor 500 fweddit man gang on our heads. we realize too late that due to cyno placement plus fleet movement the Moro's are both at range (~60km) and have only antimatter due to fail on our part so after a few moments of nothing changing we go ahead and drop our other 3 moros.

This finally gives us enough deeps to break the logistics on their BS and finish the fight vs the fw duders. We chase down a few waffles but most deuce out once the carriers went down. I called it a "quasi" 3 way as i'm not exactly sure if the sniggwaffe guys were on their side or not (they did shoot a few of the non-affiliated fw dudes, but none of the main mockers guys). for all i know they may have planned to shoot us first and then kill the other guys, but decided to leave once we wiped out the other guys.

click on the battle timeline tabof this link to get a visual of how the fight went. We had fought for 5-10 minutes before sniggwaffe showed up and started blaping our celestii which were the first losses of the engagement on either side. Also because only the Arty nados/cynabals got any kills against us the original gang we were fighting isn't really well represented on kbs. kinda looks like we blobbed them but not really.

Here's ayoutubevideo from one of our loki's, gives a better idea of what we were facing.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
First page of mmorpg forum filled with steaming piles of terrible games and posts from people decrying how terrible indeed those games are.

Whereas Eve-Online, with it's small (not really, it's player base dwarfs most MMOs not named WoW), but faithful fan base is relegated to page 2 because nobody is shitting all over it.

So time again for another BR:link

We got word from some random low sec duders that some bear corp in Test was repping some poco's in a popular midpoint low sec pocket. They were repping with a thanatos and basilisks, with a dozen bs guarding them. We send a cyno bomber over who tackles the thanny and lights cyno and we bridge in a dozen ahacs/t3 and a few guardians. We also invite the random local dudes to our fleet so they can get in on the kills without us shooting them by accident so they warp in to the cyno as well.

Initially we derp and everyone in our gang tackles the thanatos leaving the battleships free to warp off, calls are made to spread points to hold some of the BS on the field and we derp again, everyone removes point from the thanny and we end up tackling 2 bs while the thanatos warps off. So we're cursing our own stupidity while widdling down the first bs when much to our surprise the Test gang, realizing how terrible we are, warps back in and gives us a proper fight.actually they warped back in because at the time the carrier was tackled, he got out while most likely they were in mid-warp to us and we did much better at spreading points the second time around, effectively forcing them to commit to the fight.

They initially outnumber us but we're in armor cruisers with guardians while they are armor BS with basilisks, their carrier was smart enough not to return to the field. Once they realized they couldn't break us their close range ships began to evac, we caught what we could and cleared most of their ships from the field with the exception of a handful of snipe ships sat at 130km. for some reason an Oracle allowed us to burn out to him (we're AB fit, mind you) and got tackled, so it died too. We dropped a lolphoenix on the poco to finish it off hoping they would reship and fight again but it wasn't to be.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
I think I might be nearing the end of this 2 year stint in EVE. I am having such a hard time logging in and caring.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Everyone takes a break, just set some long skills and try to resist the urge to unsub immediately. 6 months of skill training is huge. Knock out some of the large 5's while you don't have to log in each day and be annoyed at the countdown timer.