EVE Online

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You don't see my avatar? In actuality though it was my name on SC1 way way back in the day. Was in a clan/guild called Warhawks and everyone was [WH]____hawk.

Sythe_sl

shitlord
If there are any newbros coming in from rerolled join the 'foh' channel in game. Most the people in the channel are willing to help people in the channel!

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Is there any reasonable way to sell a character for RL cash without getting dicked? I don't think I have the attention span for this game anymore, and I wouldn't mind selling my account to fund more guitars.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there any reasonable way to sell a character for RL cash without getting dicked? I don't think I have the attention span for this game anymore, and I wouldn't mind selling my account to fund more guitars.
Technically, you can donate your character to someone for free, no questions asked. But I wouldn't do that without really knowing someone and getting the money up front. CCP doesn't have access to your bank records.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
You have to pay $20 bucks to CCP to transfer a character to someone else's account. Last I checked, you still had to make a forum post in the wts character forum indicating it is a private sale, so that there is a record that the character changed owners.

Now if someone you knew paid you cash up front and you then transferred your character to his account, then who's to know? However keep in mind it's against CCP rules and theres no arbitration for either party if one of you fucks the other one over.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Last I checked, you still had to make a forum post in the wts character forum indicating it is a private sale, so that there is a record that the character changed owners.
Actually, that's not true.

Character Transfer - EVElopedia

Those are the only requirements for giving away a character. If you're selling it for ISK, use the forums. You can transfer it over to your friend if you quit the game without any need for forum posts.

I know because I've petitoned it. Still have the petition in storage if at any time any troubles arise. But, I presume they might look into the history of both characters or accounts. Similar affiliations, IP's, credit cards etc.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
What'd be a reasonable price for a 30m SP character mostly focused on Caldari ships and missiles, but that I got started on logistics before I went "eh" at Eve again?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So, how mindlessly could I do L4 missions in my Kronos now? I used to do them like 60% afk; can I be 95% afk now, while a portable thingie does all the salvaging for me too?

The ability to PvE and pay my sub without actually having to play EVE might actually make it worth reactivating.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Never flown a Kronos but I can basically afk for however long I want in most L4s in my legion (only thing I have to do is lock targets and press f1 to start shooting again when one dies).

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How worthwhile is it to finish High Speed Maneuvering V, Jump Fuel Conservation V or both at the end of an attribute remap timer? Strictly sub-cap pilot up to blops and I'm likely going per/will next for... well... indefinitely and I want to know if not polishing off Navigation to 11M would haunt me.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So, how mindlessly could I do L4 missions in my Kronos now? I used to do them like 60% afk; can I be 95% afk now, while a portable thingie does all the salvaging for me too?

The ability to PvE and pay my sub without actually having to play EVE might actually make it worth reactivating.
If you are well skilled and have decent equipment then you can do most missions afk. But there will always be a few (bonus stage of Angel Extravaganza, Mordur's Headhunters?) that require some attention at least during the first stages while you take out the heavy hitters. A MJD works wonders here, just activate it and jump 100km and out of range while you whittle them down.

forge

Lord Nagafen Raider
All the jump skills are grueling.. I have something like 10m in nav and them all 5 because of my titan back when. Even though I never use them now it's nice to know I'll never have to deal with it again.

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
All the jump skills are grueling.. I have something like 10m in nav and them all 5 because of my titan back when. Even though I never use them now it's nice to know I'll never have to deal with it again.
< Trained all the jump skills to 5. Lives in a wormhole now. Fuck you CCP.

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
< Trained all the jump skills to 5. Lives in a wormhole now. Fuck you CCP.
Don't worry, you'll find someone with a juicy lowsec < c5 that you'll want to siege
smile.png
-sid

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
Sid, why don't you ever log in?
frown.png
I had to join your corps public chat yesterday just to harass people about you slacking.