Ever work at a position where you do absolutely nothing?

Chesire_sl

shitlord
Worked overnights at an inflight kitchen during high school . Basically it was throw together a bunch of box lunches and put them in a warmer. The bomber crews need their fried chicken and mountain dew , if the cold war went hot . Can't have them going hungry just because of some paltry thing like full on nuclear war . It was work 30 get paid for 40 and 280 a week was good money in the early 80's. I got the job cause no one else wanted it , boss filled out the time cards due too age/work laws . Pretty much worked for about 90 minutes and then fucked off for 8 hours every work night. The guy I worked with was a career alcoholic who had a hobby as a staff sergeant. Never saw him draw a sober breath in four years .

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Have you actually tried telling them you have 32 bit Win7? Or are you just blaming the big company and live with it? I work at a 50,000 people company and something like a fresh OS install is something we have done in a day.

And Khane, just tell your boss you're about to be completely unable to do your job because IT is screwing with your access rights. Because if they eventually do, and you didn't tell him, it's your fault as well. Fuck these people, you don't even work with them.
Yes but I didn't realize it was 32-bit Win7 until about a year after I started, and I didn't want to lose all the shit on my work PC. It was annoying because a lot of the forced apps we have to use mysteriously don't work on my PC and I blame it on that. I'm getting a new laptop this week anyways.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And Khane, just tell your boss you're about to be completely unable to do your job because IT is screwing with your access rights. Because if they eventually do, and you didn't tell him, it's your fault as well. Fuck these people, you don't even work with them.
My boss knows, he's the one who has been fighting them for 3 months. Every 2 weeks or so we get a new request from him to generate a list of reasons as to why we need admin rights on our machines. I've got the list in a text file so I don't need to keep retyping it.

I'm pretty sure they ignore his emails and then pretend the inquiry is new about every 2 weeks. They are treating it like a battle of attrition, they feel like if they keep asking eventually we will cave. They literally do not understand that we cannot do our jobs without admin rights.