Everest

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I'm sure we have a thread on this, but I couldn't find it, and I tried so it must not have gotten a lot of attention. Or I just missed it /shrug.

I liked it a lot, it's not that the story is anything especially unique, it just feels fairly honest, and the visuals give the impression of how brutal Everest is. I've been extremely fascinated with hiking and reading about the 8,000ers for the last few months in general with uber badasses likeHermann Buhl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia/ andReinhold Messner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, so it was all the more compelling.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am really into these mountaineering films. I watched K2: Siren of the Himalya's. It is on Netflix currently and is pretty amazing. Its not as tall as Everest so it gets less press but it is way more dangerous. A fraction of the people that have summited Everest have summited K2. These kind of films are why HD is so amazing in my opinion.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I am really into these mountaineering films. I watched K2: Siren of the Himalya's. It is on Netflix currently and is pretty amazing. Its not as tall as Everest so it gets less press but it is way more dangerous. A fraction of the people that have summited Everest have summited K2. These kind of films are why HD is so amazing in my opinion.
Yup, I know; I figured that would get brought up. I think, from what I've read, Nanga Parbat, Annapurna, and K2 are probably the most dangerous. I wonder if K2 would have a higher mortality rate if it weren't so remote and difficult to get to, to begin with. Also Nanga Parbat and K2 have never been attempted in winter. Of course it's kinda like a silly dick waving contest to compare the 8,000ers in such away, since they're all brutal and you're probably on some other level and perhaps a bit insane (for lack of a more accurate term) to be doing them anyway. Wiki:Eight-thousander - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
This does look good. Also makes me think of that other great mountaineering film 'Touching the Void' which is a film / re-enactment driven documentary. Brilliantly well done and many think was denied possible oscar nominations in the acting categories due to it being not a 'real film' or something like that.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
I think its too cold to pee off the top of the world. How do you urinate at that altitude? you can't whip your cock out, can you?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
movie was pretty awesome, it definitely made mountaineering seem dangerous. Then i see that a 16 year old and a 80 year old woman climbed it recently, it kinda takes something away. i think K2 has only had 300ish people climb it, while Everest has 5kish

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I enjoyed it, was worth my time and money. Saw it in IMAX, and the visuals of the mountain was the best part 3D definitely made it look real cool. Great acting all around. Jake Gyllenhal's character seemed really cool, made me want to climb mountains with him.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
movie was pretty awesome, it definitely made mountaineering seem dangerous. Then i see that a 16 year old and a 80 year old woman climbed it recently, it kinda takes something away. i think K2 has only had 300ish people climb it, while Everest has 5kish
Lots of people "cheat" as well by using oxygen and what not. Its not easy but it certainly makes it easier.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Attack on Titan meets alpine climbing!

JK... AoT is the extent of my manga knowledge.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I really enjoyed the television series Expedition Everest and I'll probably check this out as well once its out of theater and on bluray.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I really enjoyed the television series Expedition Everest and I'll probably check this out as well once its out of theater and on bluray.
Do you mean Everest: Beyond the Limit? Expedition Everest is a ride at Disney World.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
If you got the cash, Everest summit is within your reach. It's not a technically challenging mountain by climbing standards. Getting to the top requires endurance training for the most part.

What's the most dangerous thing about Everest in the past 10 years? The lines.

everest.jpg

Everest-climbers-form-a-l-001.jpg

o-NATIONAL-GEOGRAPHIC-EVEREST-facebook.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah its something like $120k to scale that shit. I can think of a lot better ways to spend that kind of money.