Everquest II

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, the expansions aren't inclusive and they are both full price even though one of them has 0 zones in it. Basically, they are fucking idiots.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Instant 8 bars of ability icons, yeehaw!

I probably couldn't even load up eq2 now and figure out how to play my own characters.
I had a 65 or 70 necro I think. I loaded this up 2 or 3 months ago, and I had no clue what any of my abilities did.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Yeah, the expansions aren't inclusive and they are both full price even though one of them has 0 zones in it. Basically, they are fucking idiots.
No, the idiots are people like myself that wanted to try the game and actually bought them because they were too lazy to ask around in advance.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
What happened with the panel today? Itemization? Anything positive?
Yes it's sounding pretty good, and the new xpac is sounding good as well. However as you probably know they have re-done itemization a number of times in the past and generally all they achieved was dumbing the whole thing down (but making it easier for them to mass produce gear).

As usual it's the details that matter and we don't really know exactly what it's going to end up looking like. There's a full writeup on eq2wire but some of the interesting parts that I took out of it:
a) smart loot for solo instances
b) charms going back to being useful clicky items like they were originally supposed to be
c) no more spellweapon stats, spellweapons will use normal melee stats from here on
d) accessory slots focussing more on effects, armour slots more on raw stats
e) no more spell reuse (only ability reuse) - FINALLY
f) spell flurry scaling much better like melee flurry does
g) going back to patterns for raid drops
h) adornment consolidation, no more red/yellow slots, now only purple (and im assuming green+white remain)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
No, the idiots are people like myself that wanted to try the game and actually bought them because they were too lazy to ask around in advance.
Ouch. It's really hard to fathom why they think an $80 box price is okay.

Any word if this next expansion will be all inclusive, or will you still have to buy two expansions to have mercs?

And that item revamp 12.0 sounds like the new gear will be inferior to the old gear (again) because of the shifting around of stat weights.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure they said Velious will be included in F2P when this next expansion comes out, plus they are making it so you can make free level 85s so that makes sense.

Age of Discovery will probably never be inclusive, as it includes no content. They will just split up all the parts of it so they can be purchased separately.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Can't help but be intrigued by EQII. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Too early for me to worry or waste too much thought i'm EQNext so I might as well concern myself with EQ something.... Anxious to hear more information.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure they said Velious will be included in F2P when this next expansion comes out, plus they are making it so you can make free level 85s so that makes sense.

Age of Discovery will probably never be inclusive, as it includes no content. They will just split up all the parts of it so they can be purchased separately.
Yeah. I know that CoE contains all the expansions and before - but Age of Discovery is on it's own island. Which sucks, since the mercs in AoE are needed, along with reforging or one will never compete in the high end raid game (However many people even play that anymore, is unknown)

Right now I am fucking around in it because there just isn't anything else to do MMORPG wise.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I quit in Velious because of the terrible itemization. Has it gotten any better at all?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I quit in Velious because of the terrible itemization. Has it gotten any better at all?
I am only level 22. But they revamped Butcherblock which is good
smile.png
It is more streamlined.

can u buy max level character now?
sadly no, its not max level either its supposed to be heroic characters level 85 with full gear set and flying mount so old and new players can just jump in game get to level 90 then 95.

They have not said yet if the level cap is staying at level 95 or they are moving it to 100.

They also have not said for the free heroic characters if it one per account then have to buy the rest or how it is.

I would be shocked if its more then 1 per account free.

I want them to do this for crafters to heroic crafters straight to 85.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am only level 22. But they revamped Butcherblock which is good
smile.png
It is more streamlined.
Off the top of my head, they didnt re-itemize the entire game. The mess started in Velious forward, so you have everything previous to play around with.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
They have re-itemized the whole game a couple of times. This is why you can now find potency/crit bonus/crit chance on even low level items which you couldn't originally.

The itemization hasn't gotten any better since Velious, they are still using the same formula of having every tier of gear have 0.2 higher CB/POT and 4 higher STR/VIT/DEX/INT/WIS per piece. And the higher level you get the faster it scales. Basically if you look at an item and see what its vitality is then you can guess what its CB/POT/main stat is without even looking.

Since they've said their new itemization system isn't going to go back and replace older gear I definitely think that either the current gear is going to be superior in many slots, or they are going to have to mudflate the shit out of items to make the new stuff a replacement on the whole. Like if the new jewelery isn't going to have much stats on it, only effects then then the effects are going to have to be hella good to make people want to give up 20CB/POT and 300INT/VIT or whatever those items have on them these days.

And yeah I'm like Muligan, a love/hate relationship with EQ2, although to be honest I'm pretty fond of the game in general. That's why CoE was such a disappointment to me. I thought every xpac was good and had its merits until CoE... CoE was very bad.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really enjoyed the raids, honestly. The encounters were fun and interesting, but it was just a simple burn out from the itemization that killed it for me. We were #1 server guild but it felt like bashing our heads against a wall for months on end to defeat Hard Mode encounters, where the reward for such was 0.0002% better stat gear and ZERO unique items. An exaggeration I know, but it didnt feel far off. All-in, everyont just basically felt the HM content wasnt worth the headaches and were quitting in droves.

I am the type that only plays balls deep or not at all. I cant be bothered screwing around with the casual group content.