Everquest II

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hmm, going to fire this up tonight. Guess I should probably use the Free 85+280AA to make whichever character is most soul-crushingly painful to level, but desired in grouping. So, Dirge, Troubador, or Defiler hooo

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I'll consider coming back ONLY if the have a combat revamp and reduce the amount of spells. Seriously, fuck this game and the 6 hotbars of spells each of my enchanters has!

Silence_sl

shitlord
Having fun with my free 85 troub. Can scale down to see content below level while getting the 10 levels you need to max. Should have gone any kind of ranged DPS though stuff dies insanely fast.
I did Sebilis/Chelsith on my Beastlord. Leveling to 95 was very fast when most stuff was one-shotted with thrown hammers. Leveling anything else felt painfully slow.

Do gold members get access to the Beast lord class or do you still have to pay the SC ?
From what I recall the Beastlord class was part of the Age of Discovery 'feature expansion' and still isn't part of the core game. You can, however, buy just that part of the feature pack with Station Cash.

kaxfenix

N00b
From what I recall the Beastlord class was part of the Age of Discovery 'feature expansion' and still isn't part of the core game. You can, however, buy just that part of the feature pack with Station Cash.
Right but as I recall Gold nets you all the expacs with the exception of the one coming out correct ?
I figured that may be included.... Trying to avoid buying station cash if not needed.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup AoD does not count because it is a "features only" expansion. Not sure what content gold players currently get, when f2p was originally announced they said gold players would get all content minus the most recent expansion, so when the following expansion came out people were asking if gold would get the last expansion and SoE was like, no you misinterpreted what we were saying.

I posted this in the eq2 thread a little while back, to get back into the game and have access to all its content it costs $95. $40 for AoD, $40 for the last expansion, and $15 for gold membership(at the time the next expansion was coming out soon so that would have been another $40). I posted on SoE's forums that they are out of their minds if they think anyone is going to pay $95 to play an 8 year old game this day and age and a bunch of forum warriors came to SoE's defense saying things like I paid that much, so you should too and AoD will be offered a la carte soon. Well AoD is offered a la carte now for nearly double the price as if you just bought AoD so I could save a whole whopping $10, it would still cost $85 to have full access to the game again. For all the flak companies like actiblizzard and ea get for being money grabs SoE is leaps and bounds above them and they are so out of touch with the gaming industry I hope EQNext bankrupts them.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah they are retards. Another example. Paid memberships get 500 free SC a month. yet SOE prices things so you'll always be just short. Like 1050 SC.
Yea cause 99% of "insert x company online currency here" companies don't price stuff that way too (it's easy profit scraping up all the unusable change people have). LoL does it, HoN does it, haven't played any of the f2p mmorpg's with stuff like this but i'm sure they do it too, etc.

Edit: It costs about $100 to get back in to WoW, too. It did last time I checked at least.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Edit: It costs about $100 to get back in to WoW, too. It did last time I checked at least.
Yeah, no. If you missed the last two expansions for WoW and want to play again Cataclysm is less than 10 bucks on amazon and MoP was/is on sale for 20 or 30 dollars. Lets say it is 30. 10+30+15 for sub = $55 and you have access to all the game's content. We discussed this in the thread on SoE forums I still think that is too high, but at least $55 is about the price of a new game. Asking $85 or $95 is absurd.

Yeah, no. If you missed the last two expansions for WoW and want to play again Cataclysm is less than 10 bucks on amazon and MoP was/is on sale for 20 or 30 dollars. Lets say it is 30. 10+30+15 for sub = $55 and you have access to all the game's content. We discussed this in the thread on SoE forums I still think that is too high, but at least $55 is about the price of a new game. Asking $85 or $95 is absurd.
Well - you don't really HAVE to have AoD to play all of the games content nor do you need a subscription to play everything up through end-game if you buy ToV. So you can get away with just spending the $40 for ToV and play everything for F2P and decide later if you want/need anything that AoD grants to you. So you can play through to end game EQ2 for $40. Granted, you'll be gimped on spells being stuck at expert level unless you spend SC to upgrade them each to Master but even that is cheaper than a subscription price. You certainly don't have to spend $85-$95 dollars to play EQ2 effectively.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
You certainly don't have to spend $85-$95 dollars to play EQ2 effectively.
I don't dispute that you can play the game effectively for far less money, but if you want access to all the game's content and features that is how much it is. As someone who min/maxed in the game for years and gets enjoyment from that I couldn't see myself playing without mercenaries, additional aa, and reforging. I believe even the shitty player made dungeons have temp buff rewards that a min/maxxer would want. Back when I was looking at it they still had gear unlockers so at least they did away with those.

kaxfenix

N00b
For some one who hasn't played EQ2 in a few years I found it pretty daunting to jump back into the game at lvl 85.. It felt a little over whelming..... I want to sit down and figure out which abilities are best for use in most combat situations but for the moment it felt a like a waste of time. Buuuuut all in all I guess SOE did a good job with this. They got me playing the game. I went ahead and rolled a new toon to try the game out and see if I can get a better understanding of the game and the class abilities by leveling one up for a few levels as opposed to jumping in right at 85... The highest character I ever leveled in EQ 2 was a lvl 40...

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Just press every button that has a red background when it comes off cooldown, you'll be fine. If there are 2 mobs press the blue ones too.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, I leveled a Bruiser and Dirge to 95 with Max AA but I did it it over several months soloing (finishing the 90-95 and some AAs in SS). However, I feel like I still know very little about the game. Is there anyone who still plays at a reasonably high level here? I'd like to pick your brain. Group up possibly. I play on AB.