Everquest II

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd play this game if those lazy fucks would ever optimize it for multi-core, but they never will so I will never play it.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is the loot system still the lazy cookie cutter bullshit design that was introduced in Velious? That was the nail in the coffin for me, but there were still glaring issues like the hotbar / ability bloat. Another major gripe for me was that the high end raiding simply became a twich game. "Cure X effect in .002 seconds or you wipe the raid" as the exclusive bar of difficulty was just not fun or exciting gameplay.

Fuck EQ2. Especially after all the work Hartsman and team put in during EoF / Kunark days to make it fairly enjoyable, only to have that flushed down the toilet with stupid and incomprehensible decisions and game direction thereafter.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The raid designer for EQ2 was a god damn retard. Every raid was like Knockbacks, cure things. Annoying as fuck.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Velious was retarded as fuck, the new content is a LOT more enjoyable, I remember solo healing hard mode tormax and literally having to deathsave us through an aoe and let it tick so i could cure the next one coming in another 5 seconds otherwise i would run out of cures. On that note most content is keep group heal running and you will live through it
IE: Most mages have about 600-800k hp and every tick of X aoe is around 140-550k hit. So you just keep group heal up/reactive hand heal right after and just dps on a healer now.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is the loot system still the lazy cookie cutter bullshit design that was introduced in Velious? That was the nail in the coffin for me, but there were still glaring issues like the hotbar / ability bloat. Another major gripe for me was that the high end raiding simply became a twich game. "Cure X effect in .002 seconds or you wipe the raid" as the exclusive bar of difficulty was just not fun or exciting gameplay.

Fuck EQ2. Especially after all the work Hartsman and team put in during EoF / Kunark days to make it fairly enjoyable, only to have that flushed down the toilet with stupid and incomprehensible decisions and game direction thereafter.
I mean i play with fuck tons of hotbars
rrr_img_74062.jpg

Agraza

Registered Hutt
From that to EQN's total of 8. I hope they stick to it and don't do some silly shit like item clicks increasing the total. Of course on my guardian 90% of my abilities did like 3 flavors of things: hurt stuff, buff me, build threat.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
chorboy did you REALLY post a screenshot with your e-bud copping to being a virgin? That is fucking ice-cold bro.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Velious was bad, but so was ToV. Nothing good has come out of EQ2 in quite some time and i dont see that trend changing any time soon. Raids have always been more tedious than anything else with lackluster loot and loot design. You'd think it would be getting better instead of worse in that area but raiding for components is a sure way to enter the realm of retarded.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Velious was god awful. lol hey dont forget ur crit mit to solo quest.
Also, Tower of Frozen Shadow
And....there was 0 gear progression. Dungeons were really bad.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Game got god awful because the dev's felt they know better than the players, which may be accurate in some cases but when your player base is saying one thing and your giving another you're destined to fail.

I do miss my dirge, but i dont miss EQ2.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I played through the solo progression in Tears of Veeshan and it wasn't bad. I didn't want to get super serious about raiding so I stopped there, but there were still quite a few guilds raiding the expansion content on Freeport at various levels of skill/time commitment.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The game rode a downward spiral after Scott (not saying he was the reason good or bad but that's when it kind of happened) but from all reports this next expansion has done a lot of right things. We'll have to see but I listened to the keynote and I liked what I heard and i'm a pretty harsh critic. EQ2 was a heartbreaker for me. I was there from day one, stayed away from WoW for the most part, and rode its roller coaster all the way up through Velious before enough was enough. Not to mention they ruined PvP which, in my opinion, was the best PvP any MMO really had to offer in terms of a fun factor.

Anyway, it's been bad but a lot "was" good. I think their housing is the best out there if you like to get lost in that sort of thing and if they could ever get their abilities and itemization straightened out, I don't see them being any worse than what's out there right now. I'm sure WoW's expansion is going to pull a lot of interest simply because nothing else of recent release has taken hold. Maybe Destiny will occupy some people but the PC MMO crowd I think will hit WoW pretty hard. However, how they made EQ2 look as good as it did in their keynote is beyond me. If nothing else, the shots shown at fan fair looks better than any MMO out. Eh, here's hoping for something good. I'm like an earlier poster, I miss my character much more than I miss the game itself.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Anyone have news or insight about "Altar of Malice"? More than a few bits in the forum (level 100, x new zones, y new raidzones, bit tradeskill stuff) is not available it seems. Today is beta access for "all access" owners I read.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I haven't played since 2010 but the people I still speak to in this game are pretty hyped for this expansion.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thinking about giving the game another run with a fresh toon. Any particular server better than the others?