Everquest II

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
best part about this is, i get my fucking trixcy cane! and my fucking myth from that dragon turtle!

time to earn some dkp again! start saving. EoF avatars yes!

anyone going to start a pve raiding guild?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
best part about this is, i get my fucking trixcy cane! and my fucking myth from that dragon turtle!

time to earn some dkp again! start saving. EoF avatars yes!

anyone going to start a pve raiding guild?
I'd like to form one or join one. Trying to get in touch with people who used to raid

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
EQ2 is relatively balanced. Your ideal raid comp contains about 3/4th of the classes available in the game.

There's also this 'caster-vs-melee' buff system they have going on with Dirges, Troubadours, Coercers, and Illusionists. Dirges and Coercers buff melee classes, Illusionists and Troubadours buff mage DPS.

Traditionally, your melee group will be something like:
Dirge, Brigand, Inquisitor/Mystic, Coercer, <filler dps or healer>, <filler dps>

Your mage group will be something like:
Illusionist, Troubadour, Fury/Defiler, Necromancer, <filler dps>, <filler dps>

Your best bet for MT group is going to be something like:
Guardian/Paladin/Zerker, Coercer, Templar/Inquisitor, Dirge, Mystic/Defiler, <threat transfer dps class>

In terms of uselessness, I'd say Conjy/Wizard are pretty high up there in uselessness in classic EQ2.

I'd say that Monks/Bruisers still have a chance in early EQ2 due to stat inflation and could probably fill in the tank role without any changes, the game is abysmally easy if they don't make the Prismatic raid line bosses harder to begin with. Especially with stat inflation, too early to tell. Avoidance based tanks will have problems if AAs aren't in to start.
Best tank at start of game will be paladin due to amends + heal changes. Inquis will be better than templar because reuse buff and dps mod buff. Conj's are gonna be really good if the swarm pet change stays on servers. Bards are always good, same with chanters. Fury will be good because primal fury will matter again, mystic/defiler are obvi gonna be really good. Also in an interview Holly confirmed that there will be no beastlords/channelers.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
Feerrott,cl,ant,permafrost, and when it's open the fisherman and iirc wood dropped quite a bit metal not granted all the time , frog lock raid

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Excited for this. I'm pretty casual nowadays, around 10-15 hours a week, but will be starting a coercer on the pve server. Have they stated when it launches? Beta starts today yeah?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If beta goes well I might in a moment of boredom and insanity make a wizard or warlock on PVE. I have no idea which is less annoying/most useful to play.

In my experience with EQ2 I'd always get stuck in groups without any top tier dps and it sucked balls.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Hotbar will just be a bank of macros for different resists.

Still better than being a scout and keeping up poisons.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
That shit won't be the case. You'll still be playing the current game, even if they just buff up hp pools or whatever. You aren't playing the launch game.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Server still down? Getting the error that my client doesn't match the server's. Nevermind, just saw a post from Holly stating around 4pm now as eta.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
New estimate is 4PM PDT.

So, #EQ2 Beta is patching now. Normally it takes a couple of hours (which is why I keep giving 2hr estimates). If all goes well...4pm-ish?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Come on servers not even launched yet
frown.png

rrr_img_102587.jpg