Everquest II

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
No, you just need a sub...at least until the first expansion gets unlocked.

A lot of things from 2004 no longer there though...this is not a "Bring back the memories" server...just a time locked one.

No starter islands
No class quests
No Good/Evil only classes.

ETC

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_102682.jpg

bytes

Molten Core Raider
No, you just need a sub...at least until the first expansion gets unlocked.

A lot of things from 2004 no longer there though...this is not a "Bring back the memories" server...just a time locked one.

No starter islands
No class quests
No Good/Evil only classes.

ETC
This makes me sad, I would have played the shit out of a true progression server for EQ2. The combat system might have been all kinds of fucked up, but to me it's still one of the games with the best group content ever. First time I stepped into Stormhold with my group we didn't leave until 8 am at which point I brushed my teeth and went to work, completely fucked.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I did not bother leveling , but Calbiyum hit 50 in a few hours time.

I would expect all content cleared by a solid guild within 2 days.

That being said...I am still interested, and I hope some people here are as well.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Stop complaining and making dumb predictions. It's beta. So.... beta it and tell them what to fix. Not saying they'll fix everything, but I imagine most the people working for Daybreak now weren't on in 2004 when the game opened. So you all probably have a better idea than they do. Educate them.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Stop complaining and making dumb predictions. It's beta. So.... beta it and tell them what to fix. Not saying they'll fix everything, but I imagine most the people working for Daybreak now weren't on in 2004 when the game opened. So you all probably have a better idea than they do. Educate them.
Let's stop pretending they don't know. They do. They never intended to make a classic server because that is work and they had no intention of doing that. They want a fast buck on folks expecting nostalgia.

People like Calbiyum hit 50 by using xp potions from the market place because they had unlimited SC.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It won't be everything on day 1, because you need people to level and there is a fair amount of shit that will be gated behind quests, like D'morte. That's the one that will be the most time consuming. You could reasonably expect 2-3 days though. Day 1 with 2 groups you could probably do just about all of the normal instanced stuff and contested. Day 2 you could bang out SoTS BAoW and probably D'mortes. You'd have to be pretty dedicated though, and the servers would have to be up early enough to level and still raid the first day.

The way to level would definitely be in groups and just rape group zones. WC > FG > RoV > RE > OoLS > CT

If shit like XP pots from various things carries over to the server, forget it. Leveling will be a joke.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
After listening to Gninja a bit on the beta server, it is clear to me that it is a quick money grab. (Not by him or any of the other devs)

He is in a tough spot it seems of trying to change what he is able, but at the end of the day any person could play the free version and get the same experience.

I forgot about the quest issue on D'morte, so I would assume Slippery is correct.

A few objective people have let DB know about the current issues...I honestly so not think anyone above the Dev position cares.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly, the devs can blame it on the decision makers as much as they want. To some extent it is true, however some of the devs just don't have a fucking clue.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
DB has some spectacularly poor talent, so I really don't expect any big lightbulbs to turn on.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
They have removed the blue stats and are adjusting XP. At the moment xp is nerfed too much that when you complete a starter zone quest you didn't level high enough to get the next one. XP pots were 50%/25% but there were also vitality potions. They put a "vote" for them to be added or not and I voted no but knew they'd be put on there anyway because they'll just make more money selling them. Also my wife is a slut

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Unless the forums are down, I guess I got myself banned because I can't get them to load on any device. I basically called out all the fanboys and girls on their behavior and called the devs out for not knowing their own product.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unless the forums are down, I guess I got myself banned because I can't get them to load on any device. I basically called out all the fanboys and girls on their behavior and called the devs out for not knowing their own product.
DBG is getting DDOS'ed they're really funky ATM.