Everquest II

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, I had planned to roll a coercer, but kind of want to roll a necro since I never tried one. I don't want huge issues getting groups though. Ugh, so torn now.

penalty_sl

shitlord
XP system is all sorts of fucked up, did all of newbie island and was leveling way too slow for the quests, went to DLW and same thing is happening. I cant even wear the gear I'm getting and most of the mobs for the quests are 2-3 levels above me. Not to mention I was already level 4 when I got to DLW.

Falmer_sl

shitlord
XP system is all sorts of fucked up, did all of newbie island and was leveling way too slow for the quests, went to DLW and same thing is happening. I cant even wear the gear I'm getting and most of the mobs for the quests are 2-3 levels above me. Not to mention I was already level 4 when I got to DLW.
I'm experiencing something similar, left the Isle at 6, done all I could in the Sprawl and the Ruins, which got me to 7 before the quests turned red. Now I have Graveyard and Sunken City left, which I doubt will be enough to get me to 10 or whatever the minimum level for a reasonable start in CL is. This is definitely better than just having people fly through the content, so I'm not complaining. I just hope there's enough grinding groups in CL and higher level zones. So far it seems that people stick together to their guild / premade groups a lot.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
So who didn't punk out and actually rolled red?
biggrin.png
Flobees 11 illy atm

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I've never played EQ2 before but was huge into EQ pvp. Are assassins any good? Also, someone explain what exiles means.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I've never played EQ2 before but was huge into EQ pvp. Are assassins any good? Also, someone explain what exiles means.
All scouts are good atm from what I understand but yes, as I recall assassins are pretty legit 1v1, not sure in group v group. EQ2 pvp has three factions, good, evil, and exile. Exile is only a faction in the sense that it is not on the good nor the evil team. Exile is FFA anyone can kill you, including other exiles. They have the advantage of having access to all classes however which makes them preferred for PVE folks.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On top of what Flobee explained, Exile was part of the old betrayal quest system. For example: If you rolled a "good" character aligned with Qeynos and then later decided you wanted that character "evil" aligned with Freeport, there was a long'ish quest where you would basically sabotage / kill Qeynos aligned NPCs nuking your faction along the way. After a certain point in the quest, you would be banished from the city. You still didn't have enough Freeport faction either, so you had an Exile hub where you could bank and go about your business. Ideally, you would continue the betrayal quest and build your Freeport faction enough to be accepted there and class change if you wanted. From that point on you would lose access to Exile.

Some players just liked to hang in limbo and remain in Exile.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Exile aint complicated.

It's FFA pvp. All things being equal, it means you can attack 99% of the server instead of 50% or less.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Do we have a plan for the PvP server? Got home late from work. Got to lvl 5 and have to log for a full day tomorrow. Had a blast on the island though. Nice bit of nostalgia there.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ok cool. So you can't start off as an exile but have to choose to become one basically. Seems interesting.

Another question. Is there a "best" race for assassins or do races not matter as much as they did in EQ1 like ogres making the best warriors etc.?

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rolled up on PVP. Got a Master chest on my first kill on the boat. Gave me my lvl 1 nuke. World first disco. Most of my guild is around 15-18 right now and we're hitting it pretty hardcore. I stopped playing a few hours ago after I hit 15 and did some pk'ing. My day was made when I logged in and saw this:

rrr_img_104446.jpg
rrr_img_104447.jpg

The boat ride and noobie island really were great. EQ2 had such promise in the beginning before they got scared of WoW and conformed.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Rolled up on PVP. Got a Master chest on my first kill on the boat. Gave me my lvl 1 nuke. World first disco. Most of my guild is around 15-18 right now and we're hitting it pretty hardcore. I stopped playing a few hours ago after I hit 15 and did some pk'ing. My day was made when I logged in and saw this:

rrr_img_104446.jpg
rrr_img_104447.jpg

The boat ride and noobie island really were great. EQ2 had such promise in the beginning before they got scared of WoW and conformed.
Hah. How many are actually rolling PvP? What classes are the OP ones?
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png