Everquest II

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Hah. How many are actually rolling PvP? What classes are the OP ones?
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
In my limited experience so far it seems fairly well balanced, with summoners being pretty strong. Mind im only 17 atm, but im well ahead of the leveling curve atm.

Japanfour_sl

shitlord
I played from launch till about 11pm on pvp and got to 19 on my SK. basically farmed FMG while rolling on qs every 30 mins. feels good to have a 50 kill streak in this game again.

Mur_sl

shitlord
Having a nice time. Hit 23 with my jeweler, he's just about 10th for his adventuring, (Brig). If any of you guys start getting adv. jeweler scrolls, let me know. I'll make a trade; scrolls for any of your Scout experts and jewelry/belts/misc for you guys. (you supply the rares I'll pick up the fuel and misc harvests). Name in game is Drydas, in Freeport.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Just pulled like 30 hours straight like a damned idiot. Level 22 Illy with all 6 Armor quests complete, Good time. Now time to hibernate.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
PvP isn't too bad, even when higher levels come gank me I don't die instantly, so there's that.

My conjurer feels slightly OP, the pet is again ridiculous. I'm 15 now, send me a tell I'm on as Greene :p

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
On PvP.. Taking my time to get reacquainted with some of the abilities and button smashing. We got a guild? I'm Qeynos but have no preference to faction.

Don't care to start a guild if we wanna roll one up?

playing a sarnak illusionist on the PVE server. name is Bathezids

i hope illusionists don't suck ass, but i'm trying to actually start as a caster. my default starter is always melee for some reason

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
playing a sarnak illusionist on the PVE server. name is Bathezids

i hope illusionists don't suck ass, but i'm trying to actually start as a caster. my default starter is always melee for some reason
I'm the same way and playing Illy this time. They are fucking beastmode man! I can solo even con ^^^ with some difficulty and in groups I can straight carry us with locking down mobs to lower their damage + cc. I've been in groups with no heals or no tank and been able to make up the diff because of it. Super fun class imo. Also we are pretty damn strong in pvp.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I had a ton of fun from the Starter Island through the frozen whatever newbie zone. But now in Antonica, it feels too spread out, not enough to do other than be killed constantly by people 5-8 levels above you.

To the games credit, you don't die instantly, so at least you feel like it's a fight, but now it's just turning into a snoozefest. Was fun for a distraction!

penalty_sl

shitlord
The PVP just isnt as fun as it used to be. These days I can just play a moba and get 10x the pvp action in 20 minutes and then decide if I want to do something IRL or play another match and its super convenient.

In eq you have to grind levels, then gear, and quest, and harvest and tradeskill, then travel continents and search for that one or two kills. While you hope for a fair fight you'll most likely have to face off against some dude whos on welfare and plays 16hrs a day with a group of friends all maxed out gear and spells and get stomped. Dont get me wrong I used to nolife play this game back on naggy when I was a teenager, but I see the path in front of me and the grind and its not worth compared to the other pvp games these days.

I'm the same way and playing Illy this time. They are fucking beastmode man! I can solo even con ^^^ with some difficulty and in groups I can straight carry us with locking down mobs to lower their damage + cc. I've been in groups with no heals or no tank and been able to make up the diff because of it. Super fun class imo. Also we are pretty damn strong in pvp.
hell yea, good to know we are viable! i really just wanted a strong support class to play in group grinding.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I got a Fury up to level 11/12 on PVP playing with Teljair.

Played a few other classes: Monk/SK up to level 5. Holy shit these classes suck without stuff. I killed faster with a healer and died less. I really didn't know what class I wanted to play. I picked healer for whatever reason but it's so fucking boring. I wanted to try to play an illusionist or coercer but I really don't want to level up to level 11 again. Heh.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
The PVP just isnt as fun as it used to be. These days I can just play a moba and get 10x the pvp action in 20 minutes and then decide if I want to do something IRL or play another match and its super convenient.

In eq you have to grind levels, then gear, and quest, and harvest and tradeskill, then travel continents and search for that one or two kills. While you hope for a fair fight you'll most likely have to face off against some dude whos on welfare and plays 16hrs a day with a group of friends all maxed out gear and spells and get stomped. Dont get me wrong I used to nolife play this game back on naggy when I was a teenager, but I see the path in front of me and the grind and its not worth compared to the other pvp games these days.
PVP can be annoying sometimes, but imo the MOBA comparison doesnt really hold water. For me at least pvp is just as much about doing the normal MMO things with the threat of pvp as it is about running around pwning newbs. That sense of danger makes what is normally a fucking snoozefest into something engaging and if im not paying attention I am punished for it, vs in PVE where the only challenge is herding your average imbecile group members into assisting and not doing dumb shit.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Lovin this so far. Seems to be moving in the right direction as well.

Muligan Wood Elf Ranger
Stacatto Dark Elf Dirge

Still haven't settled... enjoying them both.