Everquest II

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Saban_sl

shitlord
Anyone playing? Levelling a Shadowknight on Freeport server inbetween shitty WoW raid nights. Got to kunark the other night and the content here is just leaps and bounds better than all the shit before it.

Nyrruk on Freeport.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've tried to return several times, the most recent of which was probably 6 - 8 months ago. Each time the fact that it still runs like shit (and looks like shit) killed any enjoyment I was getting from gameplay within a week or two. I did enjoy what I saw of Kunark, however.

Also, from day 1 I could never get over how all NPCs slowly turn their head to stare at you with their cold, dead eyes as you run by them.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
End game raiding sucks tbh. Combat is boring. Like playing whack a mole and holy fucking hot bars batman! I had 7 full hot bars of crap. SOE left this game to rot and you have to sub to even think about being competitive.

Anyone playing? Levelling a Shadowknight on Freeport server inbetween shitty WoW raid nights. Got to kunark the other night and the content here is just leaps and bounds better than all the shit before it.

Nyrruk on Freeport.
I gave EQ2 a shot a few months ago and that streaming client is a POS. Everytime you try to log in it goes to download 14 GB of data. Then when you log out it deletes it and starts over again, every time you log on. It's impossible to get the entire client and keep it. I'd give it a shot if they actually fixed that retardedness.

I played EQ2 when it was first released but I never played any of the other expansions.

I've been meaning to give it a fresh start but right now EQ2emu is more they style of gameplay I'm hoping for (none of the item shops or anything). I picked up the DoV boxed set to go poke around on their servers. It's still really incomplete in a lot of respects but it is nice to see the progress the emulator has made.

Of course the boxed set disc's I bought code had already been used for the live server, but I mainly bought the discs to poke around on the emu ;p

Silence_sl

shitlord
I played it up till almost Gw2 when the guild I was in exploded. Again. Guild expulsions aren't normally a big deal, but when the server pop can be counted using a roll of quarters, it becomes a pain to rebuild again.

And, fuck me. Logged in today and all the AA have been reset. 4x L92's need to be redone, along with a stack of L70's. That's thousands of clicks.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Every time I pop on and see what's new there are like 3 people around on AB (the 'big' pop server). The dingy has sunk.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Every time I pop on and see what's new there are like 3 people around on AB (the 'big' pop server). The dingy has sunk.
The hack on SOE eviscerated it's already declining community. The devs took care of the rest.
tongue.png

tongue.png

Saban_sl

shitlord
I see plenty of people on Freeport. Cities aren't going to be like orgrimmar but low pop doesn't really bother me.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I'm still playing EQ2 but as a non raider the group content in the latest expansion leaves a lot to be desired. It's very incomplete. No dailies, no weeklies, no rare nameds, no rare drops (other than insanely rare tokens and even more insanely rare ethereal drops), no zone/gear progression. You basically run the two easiest zones 3 times each to get full legendary gear then you're finished the expansion.

The only reason to keep playing is to try to get the token gear but I've completed probably 30-40 heroic zones and still haven't got a single spirit yet.. Running 1000+ heroics to get a suit of gear is not my idea of fun.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
I have an all access pass account i dont have to pay for due to using krono's to keep it going.

Just pay for 1 month of all access then buy krono for like 600p each. ! krono =s +30 days to all access pass.

Now you can play every soe game as a premium member for free more or less.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Did they redo Epic weapon stats or are they as shitty as eq2.wikia says they are? I understand you can eventually have the effect become permanent, or something like that though.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
They didn't redo them, they're all very outdated except for the fact you can permanently keep the effects which are very strong in most cases.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I'm still playing EQ2 but as a non raider the group content in the latest expansion leaves a lot to be desired. It's very incomplete. No dailies, no weeklies, no rare nameds, no rare drops (other than insanely rare tokens and even more insanely rare ethereal drops), no zone/gear progression. You basically run the two easiest zones 3 times each to get full legendary gear then you're finished the expansion.

The only reason to keep playing is to try to get the token gear but I've completed probably 30-40 heroic zones and still haven't got a single spirit yet.. Running 1000+ heroics to get a suit of gear is not my idea of fun.
Wow, and I thought they really reeled in the effort with the last joke of an xpac. This thing sounds like it should be free. $40 is just an insult.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The sad thing is that EQ2 was fucking great in the last couple expansions prior to that guy looks like Tommy Wiseau coming aboard.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I haven't played this since Echoes of Faydwer. But, I loved the game. Getting Fabled gear was nuts in some of those raiding zones (both Mistmoore zones, etc.). However, I do not miss fighting the Gods because you would get 100+ people in an area and it would lag like a motherfucker.

Zalere

N00b
The wife and I started playing again about a month back after quitting sometime ago. We were around 70 at the time. I play a SK, and she two boxes a Defiler and a Dirge on Oasis. The population seems decent as there are always quite a few people running around Freeport and my shit files off the AH when I post something. The XP comes quick with that rested charm, and the occasional potion. We're up to 88 with 270ish AAs and we're having a good time playing an hour or so a night.

We're mainly doing Signature and Heritage quests, and any dungeons we come across in the area. No raids. We can take down pretty much anything easily with just the three of us, but when I bring in that Stalker merc, he just two shots everything. Yeah, it kinda trivializes some content but whatever. We're just having some fun doing some of the stuff we missed out on during the hiatus and while we wait for the next big thing for me to throw money at which will probably be FF XIV v2.

I think I'd like to try to bring up a Wizard up once we get the mains to the point where we'd get the XP bonus, but I'm not sure if I can do the leveling thing again in this game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
EQ2 has been the most drastic roller coaster of any game I have played. I'm probably in the minority that played at the beginning and actually toughed it out for several years. It was pretty rock bottom in the beginning and then the PvP servers were a solid spike. Afterwards there was a lot of goofy changes and tweaking due to a PvE game getting hit with a lot of PvP popularity. Then of course you had the Scott-era and a couple of good expansions. From there it went back down hill again. So sad a lot of people didn't get to witness the good parts and even more sad they didn't last very long.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user