Everquest Legends

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
424
276
yea they could have shit all over EQEmu with content by simply using what is in EQ... THJ could have had GoD, OoW, and DoN but it woulda been dead after that along with every other EQEmu that has existed

they spend all this time revamping low end zones (because yea they want to give players new things to do when they de-level or level up new classes), but completely missing the fact that almost every expo has content 40+ with some expos even introducing lower than that content... maybe once they get to the expos that max level 100+ its different, but plenty before that.
 

Fucker

Log Wizard
17,386
43,144
Pissing away free money. It's a real shame. Maybe in a couple years they will start doing Legends progression servers and it will be worth playing again.
I doubt it will last that long. They don't have membaberries to rely upon with whatever abomination of Kunark they are going to pinch out. It was fun once, but basically a zero skill game like this will have no legs.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Old Man Potter

Trakanon Raider
118
240
EQ Legends is a complete train wreck. Secrets is an imbecile who couldn't program a digital alarm clock and knows jack shit about MMO design. They should bring in Smedley for a week so he can shut it down and put it out of its misery.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rolien

Golden Knight of the Realm
356
369
Didn't they say they would release Kunark this year?

It's already October what are they planning on, releasing during Forever/GTA6 launch?

I mean i figure Forever will just assassinate this shit.
 

yerm

Avatar of War Slayer
7,748
20,524
Yeah its totally unfair and unjust that Holly and her ex-eq-dev team basically stole the completely original concepts behind this legends server and look to be doing a more professional job of it that may kill this off.
 

hory

Silver Baronet of the Realm
2,657
6,670
A love how eq was a stepping stone for so many people that became incredibly wealthy at blizzard. And eq is so stagnant and probably has the worst pay in the industry.
 

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
11,524
9,025
I wonder if Sean from MNM turned down Secrets and Rogean from joining the MNM project. If they wanted to help create content that was the place to do it.
 

Fucker

Log Wizard
17,386
43,144
I wonder if Sean from MNM turned down Secrets and Rogean from joining the MNM project. If they wanted to help create content that was the place to do it.
No clue, but what I gather from his time here, Secrets is a complete stooge. DBG is full of stooges, so I bet he fits right in. I mean...they can't even get sub cancellations figured out. Listed as cancelled, but still charged anyway. They are all complete knobs, and I wouldn't let anyone near anything if they had DBG on their resume.
 

Xevy

Log Wizard
9,774
4,888
I wonder if Sean from MNM turned down Secrets and Rogean from joining the MNM project. If they wanted to help create content that was the place to do it.
That's a completely different environment. Secrets doesn't mind adding QoL and convenience to games, which classic people hate.

Rogean maybe I could see going to MNM as he mostly managed a "classic EQ" emulator trying to keep the nostalgia. MNM seems to be banking entirely off nostalgia for EQ and "video game mystery" than actual gameplay/character building.

I'd see Secrets fitting more into something like Adrullan Online, but even they're kinda keeping it classic.
 

Old Man Potter

Trakanon Raider
118
240
That's a completely different environment. Secrets doesn't mind adding QoL and convenience to games, which classic people hate.

Rogean maybe I could see going to MNM as he mostly managed a "classic EQ" emulator trying to keep the nostalgia. MNM seems to be banking entirely off nostalgia for EQ and "video game mystery" than actual gameplay/character building.

I'd see Secrets fitting more into something like Adrullan Online, but even they're kinda keeping it classic.


Not one member of the EQL team has shipped an AAA title. Daybreak does what they always do: hire on the cheap. This is a vanity project for Youseffi who sued the THJ server. I can't wait till EQ Legends goes down in flames with the reputations of all involved as collateral damage.

Rogean is another imposter who has zero AAA experience. Both him and Secrets are working on EQL because Youseffi has the power to terminate their agreements for P1999 and Quarm and end their side hustles. A serious MMO designer looking at the EQL design document (if they even have one) would laugh at how preposterous it is.
 
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

hory

Silver Baronet of the Realm
2,657
6,670
  • In 2026, he appeared publicly discussing EverQuest Legends, describing it as a project intended to recreate the feel of the original 1999 EverQuest experience while making it more approachable for modern players.
I doubt 1 person, yes one, who never played eq before picked up this pile.
Why daybreak didn’t hire the guys who are clearly way more competent is beyond any reason.
I think it’s safe to say this has been the most ill conceived EQ product to date.
 
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
117
232
Dang, who would predict that the people who killed a good idea and then tried to pimp out the corpse for money would mismanage this?

My boy THJ died at the Wrathgate. I'm here only to laugh at it's body.

See ya'll in WoW Forever!
 
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
4,681
4,124
My buddies still play this and ask me to join them sometimes, but I just dread it now. At least they've finally realized that Multiplayer is tuned for 4 players, and they can't figure out how to scale it if you duo it. Absolute slog.

The leveling experience was fun being OP, but I just get bored once I hit level cap. There were some fun combos, my latest was ranger of all things when you get the sky bow and tunare arrow to +10, range stance works with the spell proc one, stuff melts lol.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

skylan

Trakanon Raider
227
231
I remember secrets made a post about how the THJ formula only "seemed" fun for a short period of time and tried to come up with a list of reasons his ideas would lead to longer-term sustained "fun". Meanwhile this thing is still in classic fizzling out and I'm still playing Project Triune every day.

Dude is deluded into thinking you are looking for a place to spend your life because he knows nothing else. No one is looking to play a 27 year old game full-time like they did when they were 18 years old but him. And for damn sure no one is looking for his version or timeline with custom zones, we're all middle aged gamers looking for a quick and fun nostalgia fix.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
9,774
4,888
EQL's only sin now is not releasing more content fast enough. To be expected for a small company, but they came out hot and then slowed down way too much.

It is laughable all the people going to WoW5VR thinking that shit's going to keep the pace they want. I don't know a single game, beyond Path of Exile's first ~10 years, who could keep up a schedule. Fucking sucks, but that's how it works in the gaming industry. Too many features, not enough testing, quarterly profits coming up, etc etc etc. Shit comes out way later than expected or too early and less than half-baked. Games like this and WoW with the sub model can't be fucking around because you'll just have huge player drop off/sub cancellations and a lot will come back for big expacs, but so many just unsub and never come back because it slips their mind and they're onto the next time-filler.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
9,774
4,888
1791493069928.png


That ain't good! I don't know how many "creators" they had, but they basically just paid for their sub and any future expansions when they came out. I can't imagine they had more than 10-30 of them total and if you've got a problem fielding 300 bucks a month for PR that's an issue. To be fair, they probably just didn't feel they were getting their money back because all these "creators" had dogshit AI slop tiktok videos and youtube shorts that all looked/sounded the same. Still, some publicity is better than none.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
11,524
9,025
View attachment 643199

That ain't good! I don't know how many "creators" they had, but they basically just paid for their sub and any future expansions when they came out. I can't imagine they had more than 10-30 of them total and if you've got a problem fielding 300 bucks a month for PR that's an issue. To be fair, they probably just didn't feel they were getting their money back because all these "creators" had dogshit AI slop tiktok videos and youtube shorts that all looked/sounded the same. Still, some publicity is better than none.
It's a pretty big red flag despite what they are saying.