Everquest - Live Servers

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
...So I needed something to pass the time, so why not level my Beg skill? Sure enough, shopkeeper gets pissed at me eventually and kills me.

I became good at in game macros, especially on my monk. Ended up making a macro that would click Flying Kick, shut off my auto attack, click beg, turn auto attack back on, then do sense heading. It allowed me to quickly level all of the skills that you don't routinely use. Maxed my sense heading and Beg shortly after each level up (once I figured out how to make that macro).

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
My first character was a human cleric I made with my friends when I hadn't a clue what stats matter. I was so excited when a high level dumped this on me i rocked this shit for a while.. Burynai Legion Gi with a fine steel helm. lol

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Hated tradeskills, getting my Tolan's bracer for summoned arrows was almost as good as getting the BP with the gate.

Adinirahc

Trakanon Raider

This video always brings back a lot of great EQ memories every time I watch it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The video just reminds me of moments where people would just hang around and talk. Random moments either waiting for raids to get together or when your name came up on a list, in the mean time you just would hang around. I would travel between Qeynos and FP time to time and run into all kinds of people sitting around, waiting on groups or maybe they're meeting up for a trade, or even to share a buff/port/rez for cash. I think I miss that part the most. I miss the world being small and the game being a little more intimate than MMOs are today.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Christ, that Sayonara Norrath vid.

After I graduated high school, I was aiming to attend the Naval Academy, but with competition in MD for congressional nominations I wasn't able to get one that year, so I was put in a "scholarship" program where you attend a private boarding school for a year and they keep up on your grades and then you're pretty much guaranteed a nomination afterwards. So off I went to boarding school, wasn't allowed to take my computer since I'd be provided a laptop once I was there, and my parents would not let me take my EQ CDs. I was pretty much devastated, as the only friends I had were in EQ (I was that kid everyone picked on in school) and all I had now was just being able to chat occasionally through EQIM which I was able to get working through Trillian. I found that video and I pretty much did nothing but sit in my room watching it over and over again. Of course, they had to pick the most tear-jerking music for it (or I might just be a huge pussy). Shit is tearing me up just now watching it again. I still listen to Vanessa Mae, the chick that does the violin piece, all the time since that video introduced me to her.

Everything eventually worked out, though. Shortly after I made it to boarding school, I found out that they made an online downloader for EQ. The downside was that my boarding school shut off outside internet every night at 11:30, even on the fucking weekends. PoTime was always hell as we'd hit Saryrn right around that time and I'd be flipping out wondering if we'd kill her before I got the boot so I could get my damn Time's Antithesis.

That corpse song was a classic. I'd totally forgotten about it. Reminds me of this place called Tarsk's Tavern that had covers of popular songs, but EQ themed. They were kinda fun to listen to. Found a couple on youtube.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I remember selling my account for $700 and then stealing it back.

God I was a little piece of shit.

I did the same, but sold for $1000 USD, and this was in 2008. I can only imagine what that account would have been worth in 2001 or so.

I didn't take it back until years later after it had been re-sold to Chinese Gold Farmers and was not even being used. Moral victory!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

There are a lot of things about this game that made it great, but here are probably the top three things I feel that made it great:

1) The graphics. As dated as they are now, this game never looks dated to me. The last time I played was on P99 around 2010 and I loved the look. I still do. EQ2 looks extremely dated now (and I remember when it was in beta how amazing it used to look), but EQ1 has still got it.

2) Fear. The real fear I had as a cleric traveling by myself anywhere. The best I could do is root and run and there were times that shit didn't work. Nothing worse than being a low level cleric and either sucking it up and using your shitty 50% Rez or shopping for a 90% Rez.

Firiona Vie was the place that I remember fearing the most. Those fucking spider things would root you and fuck you. I remember getting into a root war with one of those bitches. I got rooted, which immediately made it my target, so I rooted it back. The ugly bastard just sat there looking at me as it rooted me over and over a I did the same. I think it may have DoT'ed me as well. I do remember running out of mana and it still fucking me.

3) Clerics. I really like just how marketable Clerics were. I didn't have to /LFG. I would get inquiries all the time. Especially after I joined Fiends and geared up, as soon as I logged on, I would be in an AA farming group. Hell, I even got invited to Druid and Necro PoFire table groups just so there were immediate 96% Rezzes (and sometimes 100%). I might drop a heal or two as well. One of my real life friends got me into the game. He said I should play a cleric because of how important they were and I have played healers in MMO's ever since.

I really wish Sony could do Vanilla servers again. No emulators. Shit exactly as it was back in the day. I would pay a subscription to do it all again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Surprising And Allegedly Impossible Death OfEverQuest's 'Unkillable' Dragon

dz0gjnraxl9up7oxxlmc.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
we took a lot of shit for releasing the sleeper. our server message board was all aflutter because we did and now nobody else was going to get their shinies. we didnt care. we were bored with farming and could kill everything that needed killing in one saturday. so, clearing ST became our new priority. we got lucky with ventani dropping 3 monk robes because we only had 3 main monks. so we figured lets just bring on the sleeper. i didnt lose any sleep over it and it was one of the best moments in our guild. we told those butthurt people that it wasnt our fault it was a one time event. we just wanted to own shit that needed owning. nothing wrong with that.
GN8w2yt.png

FeW3Cvl.jpg

jnRjcdP.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user