Everquest - Live Servers

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Back in the day, like 5-7 yrs ago? lool? I found the same thing, but ti was around lv75ish where everything hit a brick wall. But they had this one instance you could do for mad EXP gain and gear with points or some shit you could grind. So after doing this thing for a few days on my 3 box it was boring as fuck and of course they nerfed the instance to boot because you know, cant have people farming for exp and gear.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What this game needs these days is a way to control many boxes from one account. So people dont have to go to outside sources for it and just make it more streamlined and better. I dont know why they dont since this is pure $$ for them. Especially on retail servers where no one groups anymore its all about them boxes.

Just disable on the prog servers.

That would prob get me back to playing a group of my own.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Not sure who your group was, but you don't need to drudge through instances at 82 and if you have a decent group it's not hard at all. I don't even really recommend it. If you're like me and just want to see new zones and kill new monsters I recommend choosing random zones with level appropriate mobs and killing them.

I recently leveled from 1 to max with a fresh box group. I believe at 82 I was at Fortress Mechanotus - SoF Leveling Guide

One thing that makes leveling from 75 to 105 a bit easier is how easy it is to get geared from The Broken Mirror gear. At level 82 you can pretty easily get a full set of Extravagant Spitegem of the Sturdy - EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs with matching weapons. No need to unravel the mysteries of whatever expansion's gearing paradigm is, just refresh your TBM gear every 5 or 10 levels.
Cancel that looks like I am 89, stats and best gear I have. Open to ideas, our group was getting shit on, had tank, monk, healer merc, enchanter.
1639499003784.png

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mmmmm correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you are getting any stats from the bracer, BP, and Earring that is yellow tinted. The BP is a required level of 90 looks like (probably from the aug in it) and the Bracer and earring I have no idea why. Are you a gold account?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Mmmmm correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you are getting any stats from the bracer, BP, and Earring that is yellow tinted. The BP is a required level of 90 looks like (probably from the aug in it) and the Bracer and earring I have no idea why. Are you a gold account?
I thought rec. mean recommended level and will level will you as you get to the req. required level to use the clicky effect.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Recommended level is the level you will get full stats from the item, granted it doesnt have a required level to wear if you wear the item below the recommended it will just have lower stats. Required levels are just that, required to wear. a rec level of 85 and a required level of 90 sounds like the item itself is being modified by an aug that has a required level higher than the item itself. Sentinel's Claw is the aug, and it does indeed have a required level of 90. If you remove the aug from that BP you should be able to wear it fine.

But case in point, your shoulders are recommended level of 90 for full stats, but you can wear it starting at the required level of 85. Same with your ear, but you still aren't getting stats from it. Looks like you meet the race/class/level requirements for it, it could be limited to gold accounts since its a prestige item but I'm really not sure how all that works tbh

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Recommended level is the level you will get full stats from the item, granted it doesnt have a required level to wear if you wear the item below the recommended it will just have lower stats. Required levels are just that, required to wear. a rec level of 85 and a required level of 90 sounds like the item itself is being modified by an aug that has a required level higher than the item itself. Sentinel's Claw is the aug, and it does indeed have a required level of 90. If you remove the aug from that BP you should be able to wear it fine.
heh, I think I stopped caring because I was so close to 90 anyway.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the aug is fucking your chest slot Hatorade Hatorade .

What class is your tank?

If y'all are in heroic gear, your gear is fine. Heroic gear is really good for about ten levels. If you're really using a plate tank + enc + monk in heroic gear and getting trashed then you're doing something seriously wrong and need to learn how to play the game and/or find a different zone to play in.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What this game needs these days is a way to control many boxes from one account. So people dont have to go to outside sources for it and just make it more streamlined and better. I dont know why they dont since this is pure $$ for them. Especially on retail servers where no one groups anymore its all about them boxes.

Just disable on the prog servers.

That would prob get me back to playing a group of my own.
It's a catch22 problem: DPG couldn't produce anything better than inner space boxer or macroquest2, so they really shouldn't try. I do agree that if they found a way to make more streamlined to 6box they could increase their revenue.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah, the aug is fucking your chest slot Hatorade Hatorade .

What class is your tank?

If y'all are in heroic gear, your gear is fine. Heroic gear is really good for about ten levels. If you're really using a plate tank + enc + monk in heroic gear and getting trashed then you're doing something seriously wrong and need to learn how to play the game and/or find a different zone to play in.
Pretty sure Janx Janx or Armadon Armadon Was SK or War but def, a plate tank. I would say we just suck but likely a combo of things, was a toss up between Gribbles heroics for awesome XP but boring as fuck or shit xp with zero loot upgrades. Any place we tried with gear on par with what we had or upgrades would stomp us or take forever to kill.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure Janx Janx or Armadon Armadon Was SK or War but def, a plate tank. I would say we just suck but likely a combo of things, was a toss up between Gribbles heroics for awesome XP but boring as fuck or shit xp with zero loot upgrades. Any place we tried with gear on par with what we had or upgrades would stomp us or take forever to kill.
If you guys decide to try again, let us know in this thread and we can help. Gribbles is unnecessary for a smooth path to level cap. A war/sk + enc + mnk is a strong trio.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Wait, you want to solo content in EQ and you're using a cleric?
Yes haha. I've played every class to 65 and done their epic 1.0s (and a handful of 1.5s too at 65 when I had friend's help) sans beastlord and wizard. The cle class has been the one I feel I relate to as a class more than any other. I loved helping people... I was the type of person back then that would get tells for resses from a_rando_low_lvl who died a bunch of times in fear and felt desperate for help/resses. I'd do it gladly while breaking the zone-in solo. Plus, as far as this quote:
Clerics have been a one-trick pony since EQ alpha, they just heal.
Clerics were a one-trick pony. They are beasts with solo. We don't kill fast, but we just. don't. die. either. The limit of what SK's could solo, competent cle's could too where other classes couldn't with similar gear/AA's. Ditto with duels. At least when I was in my prime that was the case. I'm sure the power balance has shifted countless times between classes in the past 17 years heh.

But better than anyone else so they are an essential core of their raiding force. The rose-tinted glasses you're wearing when you jerk off to EQ nostalgia prevent you from remembering how pathetic and miserable your experience was anytime you weren't riding your guildmate's coattails.
That's a hot take... I mean... riding coattails or essential core of the guild? Heh.

Either way, I agree that if my aim was pure straight up soloing old content, an SK would better fit that aim, not arguing against that.

I'll definitely take your 5 steps below to heart... thanks a million for the reply Tuco <3

Anyway, if you want to accomplish your dream, do the following:
1. Get a new EQ Account (free)
2. Buy a heroic (level 85) Shadowknight character ($32 with sub)
3. Follow this SK Heroic Guide Badly Needed! | EverQuest Forums
4. Have your SK carry your cleric to a higher level. I don't know how high you need to get. Boxing raids is annoying even when you thoroughly outclass them. The cleric will enable you to use your 2H to tank content in your SK, so your DPS will be fine.
5. At some level you'll be able to solo PoTime and similar content with your cleric. But you won't because it'll be *way* more fun to duo it with your shadowknight.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's a hot take... I mean... riding coattails or essential core of the guild? Heh.
It's the classic double edged sword of the pure healer class and why Blizzard created the shadow talent tree. In most groups a cleric is kinda dead-weight but it's needed in raids so when you're established in a guild your guildmates will carry you but rando groups would rather have a shaman or druid.

The playerbase (including me) has been lobbying DPG for years to change this paradigm. My favorite option is to increase the healing debuff by 3x and the dmg proc of the Vow line by like, 20x or replace the proc effect with a straight spell / melee damage increase.

It's currently:
[62164/4961] Vow of Perniciousness
Classes: CLR/118
Skill: Alteration
Mana: 1650
Target: Self
Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
Focusable: Yes
Casting: 3.5s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
Duration: 72m+ (720 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
1: Decrease Healing by 25% (v125, Before Crit)
2: Add Melee Proc: Pernicious Strike with 200% Rate Mod
Text: You take a vow of punishment.
Book: Utility Beneficial/Combat Innates
You take a forceful vow that reduces your healing efficacy by 25% for 72 minutes and adds the chance for your melee strikes to trigger Pernicious Strike, which deals 9083 damage to your target, increases their hatred for you by 4337, and heals you for 14490 hit points every six seconds for 24 seconds.

[62167/4962] Pernicious Strike
Target: Single
Range: 300'
Resist: Lowest
Reflectable: Yes
Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s
Hate: 4337
Recourse: Pernicious Strike Recourse
1: Decrease Current HP by 9083
Text: You are crushed by a punishing strike.
Book: Direct Damage/Physical
Deals 9083 damage to your enemies, increases their hatred of you by 4337, and heals you for 14490 hit points every six seconds for up to 24 seconds.

My other recommendation is to just delete the cleric class and change all the clerics to paladins. I recently swapped my cleric in my box team to a paladin and have no regrets.

Maul

Dental Dammer
It's the classic double edged sword of the pure healer class and why Blizzard created the shadow talent tree. In most groups a cleric is kinda dead-weight but it's needed in raids so when you're established in a guild your guildmates will carry you but rando groups would rather have a shaman or druid.

The playerbase (including me) has been lobbying DPG for years to change this paradigm. My favorite option is to increase the healing debuff by 3x and the dmg proc of the Vow line by like, 20x or replace the proc effect with a straight spell / melee damage increase.

It's currently:
[62164/4961] Vow of Perniciousness
Classes: CLR/118
Skill: Alteration
Mana: 1650
Target: Self
Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
Casting: 3.5s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
Duration: 72m+ (720 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
1: Decrease Healing by 25% (v125, Before Crit)
2: Add Melee Proc: Pernicious Strike with 200% Rate Mod
Text: You take a vow of punishment.
Book: Utility Beneficial/Combat Innates
You take a forceful vow that reduces your healing efficacy by 25% for 72 minutes and adds the chance for your melee strikes to trigger Pernicious Strike, which deals 9083 damage to your target, increases their hatred for you by 4337, and heals you for 14490 hit points every six seconds for 24 seconds.

[62167/4962] Pernicious Strike
Target: Single
Range: 300'
Resist: Lowest
Reflectable: Yes
Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s
Hate: 4337
Recourse: Pernicious Strike Recourse
1: Decrease Current HP by 9083
Text: You are crushed by a punishing strike.
Book: Direct Damage/Physical
Deals 9083 damage to your enemies, increases their hatred of you by 4337, and heals you for 14490 hit points every six seconds for up to 24 seconds.

My other recommendation is to just delete the cleric class and change all the clerics to paladins. I recently swapped my cleric in my box team to a paladin and have no regrets.
My box is SK/Bard/Zerker/Monk/beastlord/Shaman

No regrets

• 1Like

elbas

Molten Core Raider
It's a catch22 problem: DPG couldn't produce anything better than inner space boxer or macroquest2, so they really shouldn't try. I do agree that if they found a way to make more streamlined to 6box they could increase their revenue.
Probably what they could do without too much trouble is to expand the number of active mercs you could have at any one time. Obviously that won't be as efficient as boxing, but it may be good enough for a large part of the player base that they would be satisfied enough to keep playing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Probably what they could do without too much trouble is to expand the number of active mercs you could have at any one time. Obviously that won't be as efficient as boxing, but it may be good enough for a large part of the player base that they would be satisfied enough to keep playing.
Could totally see them adding a "merc perk". $5 a month extra and you get a second merc.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users