Everquest - Live Servers

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
armor material needs more metallic. Should have some decent reflections if they have some light probes set up

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So is there any sign at all of a modern EQ game in any form coming? Every so often I login and just run around w/ Selos, on my 72 bard in mostly Planes of Power gear. I miss EQ, but I can't play this. Occasionally give the alternate ruleset servers a go, but nothing sticks.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So is there any sign at all of a modern EQ game in any form coming? Every so often I login and just run around w/ Selos, on my 72 bard in mostly Planes of Power gear. I miss EQ, but I can't play this. Occasionally give the alternate ruleset servers a go, but nothing sticks.
Nope.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Depends on what you mean by coming... there's easily nothing in the next three years. M&M is still a proof of concept hobby project as of this moment.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How are you finding the 3 mage setup? I was going to go beastlord/zerker/Rogue but the 3 mages seems easier to manage, just wondering if the burst will be the same
It's really strong. I switched from war->sk and from melee DPS to mage. I'm also using the mage pets as tanks and having them generally attack mobs 1,2,3 on the ETW, so the SK only needs to really tank anything above that and can focus on using their 2H + DoTs. SKs have such good group mana regen that with the bard, mod rods etc the mages generally aren't hurting for mana. Mages give decent ADPS to each other in the form of their synergy and swarm pet count, so during combat I'm typically hitting 2.5m damage per Of Many cast. Between the mage, bard and shaman auras the swarm pets are huge DPS.

The biggest problem with them is they have a ~20s rampup time to get their swarm pets cycling and Of Many maxed out. Whereas my 3x berserker group, back when I ran with it a few years ago, would outright delete the first mob in the group in the first few seconds with their alpha strike.

Ironically the only difficult event in the new expansion is Mean Streets: Cut Off The Head Achievement - EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs and you spend a lot of time tanking mobs that you can't damage, where the SK is by far the worst tank. I haven't gotten it yet but I know it'd be waaaay easier with my previous group. So rolling an SK for this expansion turned out to be a terrible idea in terms of beating the hardest content, but is stellar everywhere else.

• 1Weird Boner

Maul

Dental Dammer
It's really strong. I switched from war->sk and from melee DPS to mage. I'm also using the mage pets as tanks and having them generally attack mobs 1,2,3 on the ETW, so the SK only needs to really tank anything above that and can focus on using their 2H + DoTs. SKs have such good group mana regen that with the bard, mod rods etc the mages generally aren't hurting for mana. Mages give decent ADPS to each other in the form of their synergy and swarm pet count, so during combat I'm typically hitting 2.5m damage per Of Many cast. Between the mage, bard and shaman auras the swarm pets are huge DPS.

The biggest problem with them is they have a ~20s rampup time to get their swarm pets cycling and Of Many maxed out. Whereas my 3x berserker group, back when I ran with it a few years ago, would outright delete the first mob in the group in the first few seconds with their alpha strike.

Ironically the only difficult event in the new expansion is Mean Streets: Cut Off The Head Achievement - EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs and you spend a lot of time tanking mobs that you can't damage, where the SK is by far the worst tank. I haven't gotten it yet but I know it'd be waaaay easier with my previous group. So rolling an SK for this expansion turned out to be a terrible idea in terms of beating the hardest content, but is stellar everywhere else.
There is a new chase cloak that requires the challenger achivements as well :(

I always found SK was fine for group content, far more utility than the warrior at least, I might just stick with the melee group for now then, currently leveling the rogue as I just need to bin the monk off finally.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Where can I go to play something as close to OG EverQuest as possible? Don't care about end game, I just want to experience the first 20 levels in Halas and Kaladim again

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
2) Getting Started - Play Guide

In order to play on Project 1999 you must obtain a copy of Everquest: Titanium Edition. Only a clean Titanium install will work. You must acquire this on your own as we cannot distribute it, however there are many places to accomplish this. You do not need a valid CD Key.

Dog Please GIF

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm

People were so different back in the late 90's. Today's MMO player skews a lot younger and have many more mental illnesses.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Who wants to see a sloppy AF first kill of the hardest group content in the new expansion???

I never thought I'd be exploiting achievements by having a mage zone into an event, call of the hero the group to drop aggro and then gate out and do it 2x more times, but here we are!

• 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
Who wants to see a sloppy AF first kill of the hardest group content in the new expansion???

I never thought I'd be exploiting achievements by having a mage zone into an event, call of the hero the group to drop aggro and then gate out and do it 2x more times, but here we are!
SK working out now with a few augments?