Everquest - Live Servers

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I never ended up finishing my epic 2.0 questline. Think I used to have a stone from Agony? I think it was? But last I checked my character, it wasn't there, so maybe I need it again. With as much time has passed since they came out, is it possible to solo those quests at this point? Last I played was Depths of Darkhollow, if that helps show about where my character is progression-wise. Always felt bad that I never finished my dildo mace.
You could solo them trivially for sure. Just level a bit or make the char heroic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Just out of curiousity what is max level now? I haven't played in a very long time.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Well good news, I do still have my globe of discordant energy from anguish. However, I have no idea how far along I was between the 1.5 and 2.0 quest...is there a way to find out what flags I have/figure out where I left off? Obviously don't want to try just turning this in and it getting eaten.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't think eating items is a thing anymore.
You can still MQ things so some things could still be effectively eaten if you can't finish that step of the quest. No idea if that's applicable here, though, as I don't know the SK epic quest.

• 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I ran through a set of 2.0 epics on vaniki a few weeks back at 95. Sk, bard and shaman were all nice and easy.

Eqprogression has a well done set of guides for the various epics.

The only issue I ran into was the 1.5 prequest skip for SK if you didn't do your 1.0 epic. After doing the 1.5 skip the quest npc still would not talk to me. Apparently this is a known bug for multiple months and the devs solution is "go do your 1.0 epic" So I did and that worked fine.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I find that hard to believe. One thing we had when I worked there was integrity. We didn't want anything like this or even the appearance of something like this going on.
A lot of less than reputable things have transpired in the time since you left the company and now. I have a feeling that not many people with high integrity are left there in positions that can make a difference. I wish that DPG could come back to a place of strong integrity, but I'm starting to question just who all would have to be replaced at the top to make that a possibility at this point.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I think it is cool that they play at all. You'd be amazed how many developers don't play their own game (or even any games at all).

Yes, you want devs playing their own games, but not to the level of being competitive and winning content races. It definitely gives an aire of impropriety. It's strange knowing who the leads are there that they'd allow this. Ngreth is solid as is Absor. Especially Absor actually.. he's always had the mindset of what's best for the game over all else.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Any raiding scene where the toughest raids in an expansion are beaten the night of release is not a serious raiding game and who wins doesn't matter. Someone here described it as a casual boomer bowling league, and that sounds about right. Ive pushed the idea of hard mode raids and most of the raiding population, even at the elite level, doesn't really want that.

gjfjjhgh.gif

It's a game. If you're not having fun, why are you playing?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shang

N00b
I guess that's fair. Doesn't matter HOW you play if you're enjoying doing something in some way.
I miss you. I don't remember exactly when you left but I think the only new conceptual AAs since then are Group SOS for Rogues and an AA that casts your class' self buff on you.

Hope you're doing well.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's a game. If you're not having fun, why are you playing?
I have a ton of fun for the one month I sub every year and look forward to it every year.

I'd have more fun if the game was hard enough to warrant subscribing for more time. Every year I play I think of new ways to build my characters to be stronger, but when the content is easy, why bother?

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I miss you. I don't remember exactly when you left but I think the only new conceptual AAs since then are Group SOS for Rogues and an AA that casts your class' self buff on you.
I was very active during your time and Dzarns time. I also will say I though you did wonders for the game. Losing you all hurt the game. Listing to the loving robot's pod casts it sucks that the game lost some many great devs to burn out and they should have been compensated better. Sounds like the real downfall was when they decided to make EQ2 the next best thing instead of putting all that into eq1.

I don't think the new devs are malicious its just a different culture.

E Elidroth it would be sweet if you and Zaide did a podcast about your time on the game

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Potentially dumb question. Never had any trouble getting EQ to work on a new computer before. Moved the directory over to a new computer (didn't do an install) and was missing d3dx9_43.dll. No problem, got that and put it in the EQ directory. Now getting this message:

1710030878436.png

What am I doing wrong? Should I just delete the folder and do a fresh install off the website?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Potentially dumb question. Never had any trouble getting EQ to work on a new computer before. Moved the directory over to a new computer (didn't do an install) and was missing d3dx9_43.dll. No problem, got that and put it in the EQ directory. Now getting this message:

View attachment 518984
What am I doing wrong? Should I just delete the folder and do a fresh install off the website?
Where did you get the file from? Seems like it should be an installable download from Microsoft and not some file you put in the EQ directory. It's not an EQ specific file.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Where did you get the file from? Seems like it should be an installable download from Microsoft and not some file you put in the EQ directory. It's not an EQ specific file.

Thanks, the last post in that thread worked, it's starting without issue now.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Game works, but I gotta say the performance is pretty bad. Kinda choppy framerate, stalls for a second fairly regularly when loading crowds of people.

Samsung Galaxy Books are pretty nice computers, especially the OLED screens (this looks so much nicer than my usual computers). Everything's great except the graphics card. Looks like ALL the Samsung GBs have that same "entry-level" graphics card for some reason. That's probably what's tanking the performance. Kind of a shame that they made such a nice machine and cheaped out on the graphics cards. Probably gonna end up switching it out because if this thing can't even smoothly run EQ, modern games don't have a chance.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hitting the hard realization that I haven't played in 15+ years and goddamn, there is a lot of new shit. There any decent new player guides, since that's probably what I need at this point? I guess at some point, I got a heroic 85 character, though I don't remember when. Some of these new spells are wild.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Game works, but I gotta say the performance is pretty bad. Kinda choppy framerate, stalls for a second fairly regularly when loading crowds of people.

Samsung Galaxy Books are pretty nice computers, especially the OLED screens (this looks so much nicer than my usual computers). Everything's great except the graphics card. Looks like ALL the Samsung GBs have that same "entry-level" graphics card for some reason. That's probably what's tanking the performance. Kind of a shame that they made such a nice machine and cheaped out on the graphics cards. Probably gonna end up switching it out because if this thing can't even smoothly run EQ, modern games don't have a chance.
Iris Xe can handle EverQuest just fine. Its about the strength of a GTX 1050. You're running into a software problem, or a conflict with touch screen bullshit etc. Which you'll likely get better help in the tech thread.