Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Can't wait for:

"WHY WAS I SUSPENDED? I WAS 2-BOXING JUST ON 13 COMPUTERS EACH!"

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So once the new tlp starts will that be rip to the Mangler server?

It's kind of a meme but LDoN just isn't that great. The augments are crazy good but the encounters themselves are kinda meh. They tend to have plenty of trash and a couple gimmicks or script you need to follow and you're basically grafting them on to whatever you are otherwise doing in the Planes of Power. Follow that up with Gates of Discord and you've got a recipe for people bouncing. Plenty of folks whose opinions I trust have told me that GoD's very decent in its current state but I've never made it that far.

If was trying to get people more people to stick it out longer on these servers I'd look at something like PoP, Ykesha and LDoN all launching as a package.

Maul

Dental Dammer
It's kind of a meme but LDoN just isn't that great. The augments are crazy good but the encounters themselves are kinda meh. They tend to have plenty of trash and a couple gimmicks or script you need to follow and you're basically grafting them on to whatever you are otherwise doing in the Planes of Power. Follow that up with Gates of Discord and you've got a recipe for people bouncing. Plenty of folks whose opinions I trust have told me that GoD's very decent in its current state but I've never made it that far.

If was trying to get people more people to stick it out longer on these servers I'd look at something like PoP, Ykesha and LDoN all launching as a package.
GoD was so fucking broken, I fell through the floor and died in Uqua during some shitty fucking progression raid and just never bothered to ever log back in. Most people just gave up due to the unfinished broken as fuck content.

It's probably great now, I just cant see myself killing kobolds in highlands keep basement or whatever the fuck it was called for 10 hours a level anymore, I dont know how I done it 20 years ago.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Anyone know what the Mangler first to 50 times were? My guess would be something like under 24 hours in a premade?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GoD was so fucking broken, I fell through the floor and died in Uqua during some shitty fucking progression raid and just never bothered to ever log back in. Most people just gave up due to the unfinished broken as fuck content.

It's probably great now, I just cant see myself killing kobolds in highlands keep basement or whatever the fuck it was called for 10 hours a level anymore, I dont know how I done it 20 years ago.

Weren't GoD and OoW supposed to release at the same time? I vaguely remember the stink because GoD was essentially tuned for a level cap increase but they tried to be greedy bastards and split the expansions and sold one most people struggled to get past the first raid on.

I left around that time and GoD had an impact on my decision. A bunch of guilds lost a slew of people back then.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Weren't GoD and OoW supposed to release at the same time? I vaguely remember the stink because GoD was essentially tuned for a level cap increase but they tried to be greedy bastards and split the expansions and sold one most people struggled to get past the first raid on.

I left around that time and GoD had an impact on my decision. A bunch of guilds lost a slew of people back then.
Year apart I guess? I logged in once a few years ago and the game had changed so much, it's a monster of content, would be amazing to go back and experiance it all but I dont have the years required to commit to it, especially leveling, fuck that. I ran to plane of tranquility and the soundtrack gave me tingles.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Anyone know what the Mangler first to 50 times were? My guess would be something like under 24 hours in a premade?

Manglers first 50s were some nobody mage guys I believe, and it was slower than average for the exp rate. Looks like it was somewhere between 48 and 60 hours after launch to get 50.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Manglers first 50s were some nobody mage guys I believe, and it was slower than average for the exp rate.

The server was advertised as having Ragefire/LJ rates which I remember being fairly quick. I guess it makes sense no one set any pace records given all the crazies were on Selo.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The server was advertised as having Ragefire/LJ rates which I remember being fairly quick. I guess it makes sense no one set any pace records given all the crazies were on Selo.
It was similar I believe. So about 2 days to hit 50 in a good premade. Vox/Naggy were def killed in a little over 24 hours though with a 46 mage army.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Manglers first 50s were some nobody mage guys I believe, and it was slower than average for the exp rate. Looks like it was somewhere between 48 and 60 hours after launch to get 50.

Not sure that was the first 50. Think there was a boxer group with a Cleric named Paladin or some shit who was first to 50. They weren't anon until like late 20's, then they all went anon. My group was the highest level in the first day, but we decided to sleep 6-8 hour increments each. Several groups in my guild basically trucked through though. I was smart enough to wait til the weekend when we opened to hole to do 46+, because fuck goblins.

Fuck. Just checked and I didn't turn my log on until March 22nd. RIP true infos.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider

yeah, the xp is super fast now.

Xevy

Log Wizard
LDON IS SRZ BUSINESS (unless you're that guy warping or whatever on top of the leaderboard)

Maul

Dental Dammer
Not sure that was the first 50. Think there was a boxer group with a Cleric named Paladin or some shit who was first to 50. They weren't anon until like late 20's, then they all went anon. My group was the highest level in the first day, but we decided to sleep 6-8 hour increments each. Several groups in my guild basically trucked through though. I was smart enough to wait til the weekend when we opened to hole to do 46+, because fuck goblins.

Fuck. Just checked and I didn't turn my log on until March 22nd. RIP true infos.
What sort of loving path zone wise did you take?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Uhh we all started near oasis, did like newb zones to 5ish, then maybe NRO to 8ish, mage pet carried us at orc camps in SRO from south camps to crocs to orc highway, mistmoore at 19ish, to lguk at 28ish, then either OOT gobs at 44+ or The Hole if it's open.