Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Was it changed in the last few months? The AE DDs did not have target limits the last time I played (Phinny, SoF era).

Hmm I just tested it and it did hit 7 and then 13 targets, so guess not. Swore on agnarr it was limited as I tried to use it in AE groups. Good to know. I mainly used on burn fights or races, as with everything up it hits pretty hard(2k+).

Last edited:

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Hmm I just tested it and it did hit 7 and then 13 targets, so guess not. Swore on agnarr it was limited as I tried to use it in AE groups. Good to know. I mainly used on burn fights or races, as with everything up it hits pretty hard(2k+).

Couldve sworn the same thing. I remember it having a really low target limit and was disappointed when I got them.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I'd honestly be there with y'all on Mangler (LoL, still can't get over that fucking name) because I, unlike most TLP'ers, haven't been burnt out on the whole "starting from classic" thing... but alas I must follow my guild!

Have fun duderinos!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not enough drama in this thread.

Xevy Xevy hi Regime here FoH Drama Action News reporter

Hi yes we’ve had reports <Mess> Is running from FE and Amtrak? Certain elite raiders known as Cinge Cinge and Sterling Sterling called you guys a “bunch of dodging cuckolds.”

Will these comments embolden you to do batphones and 2 am Taco Bell runs?
Care to comment?

1551051644433.gif

Xevy

Log Wizard
We actually wished guilds like them would come to Mangler. We need a big guild to take all the toxic tryhards who think EQ involves skill somehow. I mean, we'll just purge them ourselves, but they'd really save us some time!

Good luck to them! I can't wait to see videos of their Server First 50-box Wizard Ssra kills!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I'll likely be on this server if I do end up scratch the eq itch.

Likely will be an ogre warrior.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was it changed in the last few months? The AE DDs did not have target limits the last time I played (Phinny, SoF era).

You're still correct, Sound, Cinge is out of date on it.

SoF is when the first comes into play. And it's not really that mana intensive for the havoc that can be caused with unhinged limits.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Went on the "real" servers to set up UI and stuff. Played a character to lvl 10. Man, EQ just became like... clunky WoW, didn't it? I did like the constant gearing and leveling up items, but I guess that definitely cuts back the nostalgia of going to a dungeon, killing that one rare and getting that one item you've wanted for so long.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Went on the "real" servers to set up UI and stuff. Played a character to lvl 10. Man, EQ just became like... clunky WoW, didn't it? I did like the constant gearing and leveling up items, but I guess that definitely cuts back the nostalgia of going to a dungeon, killing that one rare and getting that one item you've wanted for so long.

Defiant definitely has a weird feel to it when you are starting fresh for damn sure. Conceptually I get it from a "making it easier to catch up" sense, but damned if it doesn't feel much like EQ.

Lets hope they never get so foolish as to think that Defiant should ever get turned on for early eras on TLPs.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
It's added with TSS which was sort of the leveling reboot expansion so it fits for that. The tutorial is set for GoD I think and you get a set of rebranded crude defiant from that which lasts you through most of the leveling game if you're leveling an alt or whatever at that point.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Defiant definitely has a weird feel to it when you are starting fresh for damn sure. Conceptually I get it from a "making it easier to catch up" sense, but damned if it doesn't feel much like EQ.

Lets hope they never get so foolish as to think that Defiant should ever get turned on for early eras on TLPs.
I still think 1-51 is the best part of the game. I wouldn't want to rush through.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
leaning towards ranger necro combo here. I had necro main on the last couple servers but not doing one here. Classic-Velious are the classes most competitive eras and here with no focuses the already kinda boring caster raid gear is set to be just really lame, kinda sad cause I don’t think focus in the scheme of things added that much power just added flavor

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Ranger or mage. Not sure if i want to play melee or caster yet, but either of those two classes.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Without focus effects gearing a caster would be boring as fuck.

Yeah, but DUDE, do you go all +int and +mana or all +hp and +mana or all +mana! SO CRAZY, RIGHT?

Not having focus effects is pretty funny. Just completely decimates the market for some items. Idol of the Underking, those two III focus effects from VP, bone-clasped-girdle, etc. Those items were mostly worthless (except the VP items which had out of era stats) like the bone-clasped girdle. Who the fuck wants that now except shaman/necros who want more hp maybe.

They should totally bring back all the blackened alloy shit since the mana pres 2 necks are dead. At least let melee use their sweet, sweet BABS!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So, will they come back in luclin or are they gone forever? Because if they come back, I think anyone looking to make some money will farm the level three ones.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So, will they come back in luclin or are they gone forever? Because if they come back, I think anyone looking to make some money will farm the level three ones.
They will come back in Luclin.

...9 months after server release.