Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Are the low level mage pets on test/live servers the same as they would be on a TLP at the start? Or do the lower level pets get buffed as well as the expansions are unlocked?

Magician and Necromancer pet defensive values are decreased on TLP servers. Their defensive values are restored when LDoN unlocks. It's a moderate hit to Necromancers (mostly early on, the end game pets are mostly the same but the low level ones are much worse) and a small nerf to Magicians.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Magician and Necromancer pet defensive values are decreased on TLP servers. Their defensive values are restored when LDoN unlocks. It's a moderate hit to Necromancers (mostly early on, the end game pets are mostly the same but the low level ones are much worse) and a small nerf to Magicians.

Whoops. Guess I'm behind, I had heard that wasn't doable, but I also haven't paid attention in a couple server cycles.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Level 1 Necromancer Pet dies in like 1 or 2 hits from a snake. They nerfed early pet HP into the ground.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Even Spectre pet has terrible hp, and mage pets are severely nerfed too. The casters are sturdier tanks than the pets for the most part.

Last edited:

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was hoping to play a mage as it was my favorite class to think about, sad day :(

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Does spell research follow the new recipes? Or the old ones for progression?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
New recipes, but some old world stuff still drops, if you're OCD you can save them and make practice runes from them I believe.

Every single TLE server, I save 100% of my classes research stuff, then get exactly 20 skill points and never any more. You'd think I would learn

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
New recipes, but some old world stuff still drops, if you're OCD you can save them and make practice runes from them I believe.

Every single TLE server, I save 100% of my classes research stuff, then get exactly 20 skill points and never any more. You'd think I would learn

Thanks - on Agnarr I was behind the initial push so just buying enchanter spells was fairly simple - going to need Mesmerization so when the puller brings 8 in lower Guk and drags his target right on top of me I can mez myself.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
Moderate nerf? Damn necro pet can't tske more then a few hits when in live my pet would tank forever

Despoc

Molten Core Raider
Haven't played since Uqua, what classes would be easiest to pickup and play being that out of touch? or should I just roll a cleric accept a life of CH rotations?

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Haven't played since Uqua, what classes would be easiest to pickup and play being that out of touch? or should I just roll a cleric accept a life of CH rotations?

Just pick something random and play it for 2 hours and never play again. You are NOT going to put in the hours for end game or anything else.

• 1Picard

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Pick the class you have the most nostalgia for and then be sad that Bards aren't anywhere near as cool as you thought they were and your very existence is cheapened by everyone having boxed Bards.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Pick the class you have the most nostalgia for and then be sad that Bards aren't anywhere near as cool as you thought they were and your very existence is cheapened by everyone having boxed Bards.

You know, you keep bashing my class in every post. Going to be fist-a-cuffs soon.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
Created a wood elf druid to start, just waiting to enter the world - figures at least I wouldn’t have to zone for a bit.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Busy all day today, busy most of tomorrow and have to go out of town for work all next week. Feel like I’m going to miss the best days of the damn server heh.