EverQuest - Miragul Heroic Progression Server

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Our new Heroic Progression Server, Miragul, is scheduled to be available to players on Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 12 PM PST. Miragul is best-suited for players who want to get a head start on Heroic Content and leveling.

Read on for some of the answers to your most frequently asked questions!

Q: How is this server different from other servers?
All new characters on this server will start as Heroic characters, at level 85, with gear, spells, and AAs, in the House of Thule version of Innothule Swamp. New characters will not receive the claimable currency that a purchased Heroic Character would normally have. If you have purchased a Heroic Character or Head start Character (51/50), it can not be redeemed on this server.

Q: Can I transfer my existing character here?
No. This will be a fresh server where all players will begin their adventures at level 85. There are no plans at this time to offer transfers to this server from any other progression server, or transfers off of this server.

Q: How does Raid Instancing work on Miragul?
Raid instances will work the same way they do on Live servers.

Q: How will expansion unlocks work?
Expansions will unlock on a 3/2 month system. Expansions that feature a level cap increase will last for three months. All other expansions will last two months. The Miragul server will start in House of Thule, which is a level cap increase, so it will be three months before Veil of Alaris unlocks. You will be able to see these unlocks on your calendar in the game.

Q: Can I claim the 40-Slot “Broker's Backpack” on the new Heroic Server?
Yes, as long as you have not claimed it on another server on your current account.

Q: What things are not allowed on this server?
A True Box Server is a place where players are only allowed to play one EverQuest account at a time on their computer.
Doing any of the following on Miragul may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
  • Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
  • Using 3rd party software.
  • Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.
And as a refresher, doing any of the following on ANY server may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
  • Unattended Game-play: Any method that lets a character take actions while you’re not at your keyboard.
  • Playing on virtual machines.
  • Any attempt to circumvent the /pickzone timer.
  • Any attempt to avoid or circumvent lockout timers.
Q: What’s the XP rate on Miragul?
Experience gain on Miragul will be at the same rate as on standard Live servers.

Q: Which versions of raid bosses will be on Miragul?
All raid bosses will be the same versions as those on Live servers.

Q: Which versions of zones will be on Miragul?
All open world zones will be the same versions as those on Live servers.

Q: Will you be removing changes made to game functions?
No. UI enhancements such as Item Search, Bandolier, Spell Blocking, the Quest Journal, improved hot bars, and clicking items in bags will all be available. Customized guildhalls will not be available until Veil of Alaris opens.

Q: Will classes or races that were not available at launch be available on Miragul?
Not until the server progresses to the point at which the race, class, or combination was added. When Miragul opens, all races will be available. The only class combinations which will not be available are Froglok Monk and Wood Elf Beastlord.

Q: Will the Tutorial or Veteran Rewards be enabled on the server? What about holiday events like Fabled Mobs or Hardcore Heritage? Can I claim loot rewards from Legends of Norrath on this server?
The Tutorial will be unlocked, but not relevant due to all players starting at level 85. Veteran rewards will be available. Any event content (Fabled, Hardcore Heritage, Frostfell) will be available as long as the content was introduced during or before the current unlocked expansion. Legends of Norrath prize packs will not be available until Rain of Fear unlocks.

Q: How will you be handling the rush of players at launch?
Zones have a form of load-balancing that can spawn another version of a zone when the current zone gets too full.

Once those zones reach a certain threshold of players (which varies based on the size of the zone), it will spawn another version of itself. You will be able to choose which version of the zone you want to enter, or you will be able to use the /pickzone command to choose another version of the zone you are in. This should let people group up with friends while still being able to find things to kill and interact plenty of other players.

We also utilize technology to dynamically increase the maximum number of characters allowable on a server at any given time. Because character creation is particularly taxing on the zone servers and all new players start in the same zone, we will likely restrict the number of active players on the server to a smaller number in order to keep the load manageable.

Q: Will Recruit-A-Friend or other account-based bonuses apply to this server?
No. Recruit-A-Friend bonuses will not apply to Miragul.

Q: What is the difference between a Heroic Server and a Standard Server?
The main difference is that every new character starts at level 85 with a full set of equipment, spells, and AAs, and will begin in the House of Thule version of the Feerrott. Because the server starts in House of Thule, features such as the (standard) Guildhall, Neighborhood, Bazaar, and the Plane of Knowledge will be available when the server launches.

AA Auto-grant also works slightly differently on this server. All new characters will start with auto-granted AAs through House of Thule, but AAs following that point will not be auto-granted until five more expansions have unlocked (as they are on all other servers). Effectively a new character on a Heroic Server will start with the same AAs that a new level 85 Heroic Character will have on a Live server, but more AAs will not be eligible for auto-grant until The Broken Mirror unlocks.

Q: I found a piece of equipment that my character can't use, but I was able to equip it anyway! Is this a bug?
No, it's not a bug. While you may be able to wear it, the item will not give you any benefits. You can tell when an item isn't usable by you for some reason when it turns that slot yellow in your inventory.

Q: What are Noble Exchange Merchants?
Nobles are meant to allow players to make very large value transfers (over two million platinum) that weren't possible before. They also allow players to send and receive parcels in addition to their service as merchants.

Q: What has changed with pets?
Pets on Heroic Servers will behave the same way they do on Live servers.

Q: I think I found a bug. How do I report it?
It's good practice to use the command /bug, particularly if a specific NPC is involved. If you have that NPC targeted and check the "Send target information" box in a /bug, it helps us find and fix the problem much more quickly.

More information about additional ways to surface bug reports will be coming soon.

Want to discuss this with other players? Find the thread here

FOR THOSE OF OUR COMMUNITY THAT ENJOY BOXING - Stay tuned for an upcoming thread to discuss the possibility of a server where Truebox rules are not in effect.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Two things of interest...

1. Truebox
  2. No mention of Agents of Change
I can't imagine a server that starts you at level 85 that doesn't have the option to box on one computer being a good thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but that just seems like a bad idea.

I am assuming that since they didn't mention AoCs in the game and saying that instances will work like Live servers, that it means there wont be any Agent of Change raid instancing.

I'm kind of not really seeing why anyone would choose this server over a regular Live server or one of the other TLP servers that is close to this server's starting expansion.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz no thanks, P99 green better and far more heroic/challenging

oh, and far more EQ

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 4 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Truebox with no AoC to farm older content for clickies = you got to be fucking kidding me

This server will launch DoA.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
After agnarr died off I rolled toons on luclin/stromm live server.

I wanted to get my beastlord a fire elemental clicky mask from VT. I checked the zone pretty much daily for 4 months without ever finding the named mobs up. Never once was able to find Seru or Emp up to get a 75 speed mount etc.

AoC on servers is pretty much mandatory imo.

Edit: Eventually I caved and got all my toons golden drums for speed and then had to buy cheap horses to avoid using the shit drogmor headbob nonsense. I should have been able to just spin up my own seru/emp raids each week. Being able to access that old content on demand wouldn't hurt anyone or the economy at all.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Maybe all the people that burn out long before you ever get this far into the expansion unlocks? I remmeber playing in HoT a long while back through the launch of VoA. Was a good time.

And no boxing at least you can get your NPC companion dude!

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The plan was for Kobin and I to each play 2 toons and 1 merc each as our own little group.

Then when I'm solo being able to just rock a nice 5 box of Sk, enchanter, mage, druid, bard +1 cleric merc.

Swapping between toons is so much more fun to play with isboxer compared to trying to run a laptop and mirror it to my pc monitor with multiplicity. I have a really nice truebox setup of 2 pc's and 4 laptops to run my own 6 box on Selo... but I shouldn't have to. I reactivated my isboxer account, popped on live and just loaded up my own damn group on my main pc, and swapped between toons with a button click on my mouse num pad. That is how I'd rather play Everquest.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fucking lol. Who is gonna play on a HoT launching truebox server with no AoC's for old content? That's literally the worst combination they could possibly have gone with.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I wasn't going to play on the Miragul server anyway because I have way too much money invested in Selos now, but I might have screwed around on it a little. As it stands now, I have no desire at all to even ever create a character there.

Personally, I still think Selos is the best possible progression server they have ever made because I'm getting to see content I never actually played through in the past with out having to wait forever for each new expansion. That's why I went full bore and bought/claimed all of my bigger bags on Selos when I came back recently. I don't know. Maybe I will burn out on again at some point, but for now, Selos is the server for me. You and Kobin need to bring your asses back to Selos and hang out with me instead of this new fucked up Miragul server shit.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Kobin is on Selo still, he just finished his 2.0 monk epic and is raiding with Amtrak.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
A level 85 heroic character is high enough to solo all of Classic/Kunark/Velious/Luclin I think?

I expect a mad dash from launch to try and collect toys from back in the forever ago before all that shit is dead 24/7.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I am kind of glad they are making this server truebox - completely killed my desire to go back to EQ to play on Miragul.

• 1Like

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
Just FYI, they're now asking whom would be interested in a non truebox server to gauge interest, although they don't say exactly what form the server will take.

Not sure if anything will come of it, or if people will just try to tank the thread due to whatever misguided reasons they have for not wanting people to be able to box from one PC, but probably worth sticking a post on if you're interested in a non truebox server.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The amount and extent of boxing on LJ and Ragefire left a bad taste in some people's mouths but having every single TLP since be truebox is shitty. It's been so long I think even another Mangler would be really popular if it was full boxing.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The amount and extent of boxing on LJ and Ragefire left a bad taste in some people's mouths but having every single TLP since be truebox is shitty. It's been so long I think even another Mangler would be really popular if it was full boxing.
Problem is boxing of magler is nearly as bad now, truebox basically punishes honest players and the big box cheaters ignore it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Problem is boxing of magler is nearly as bad now, truebox basically punishes honest players and the big box cheaters ignore it.

The problem with LJ/RF is that cheating software became so accessible and mainstream that it felt like most people were mass boxing rather than a few exceptions. We had tons of fun 12-20 boxers and then ended up with two guys like 100 boxing. It was retarded.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
The problem with LJ/RF is that cheating software became so accessible and mainstream that it felt like most people were mass boxing rather than a few exceptions. We had tons of fun 12-20 boxers and then ended up with two guys like 100 boxing. It was retarded.
RF was a straight up cluster fuck.

I was so happy to see Phinigel come along when it did. Loved that server. Would still be there if SoE hadn't fucked up the Truebox code back during Shadows of Luclin and then fucking lie about it saying it was working as intended. Bastards. What are you supposed to do when you and your brother play on the same server, same guild, same groups, and all of a sudden the game kicks you both out of the server every few minutes because it thinks you are multiboxing even though you're on TWO SEPERATE COMPUTERS in TWO SEPERATE FUCKING ROOMS? Yeah. I even video taped the shit and put it on Youtube. SoE still claimed it wasn't a thing. Fuck them.

Later on, I came back for the next TLP server just to see if they fixed the truebox code. Sure enough it still was false flagging truebox shit. Instead of giving up, I messed with my router, and assigned static internal IP addresses, and the shit stopped flagging us as breaking truebox rules. But, yeah according to SoE, we were cheaters because heaven forbid they accept that their code has any issues what so ever. Ps. it's still possible to get flagged as breaking Truebox rules even with static IP addresses. If you associate more than one hot bar button to the same key stroke in Everquest, when you press that key, it fires off both hotbar buttons (a 100% Everquest in-game feature!!!), it will flag you as multi-boxing if someone else in your home is playing the game at the same time on the server.

Truly fantastically pathetic code implemented for determining truebox compliance, but it doesn't even compare to the fact that /pick timer was based on your computer's time. I mean really... did a 5th grader write some of this code? I fucking lost my shit when I realized that because as a programmer, that's fucking stupid to the nth degree. If you base any rules in an client-server based application on a value that can EASILY be manipulated on the client side, you're an idiot and don't deserve to call yourself a programmer. Change your line of work. Seriously. Save the world the pain of dealing with your sub par fucked up script hacking shit.

But, I digress. What I meant to say was that the level of cheating software being used on the Mangler server was so bad that I felt like a dumb ass for playing the game and NOT using the shit. It felt like if you wasn't cheating, you were a joke to those who were cheating, and every other person you came across was cheating. That's why I ultimately parked my main on Mangler, and have never gone back.

The ONLY reason I came back to play on the Selos server is because the experience and unlock is so fast that I can put minimal effort in to playing the game and get most of what I want out of it. That lessons the affect of being fucked by cheaters when you know that you can get in and get what you want with little to no issue. If some cheater is there doing what you want to do, just come back the next day or wait a month for the next "gotta have it" new area is unlocked in the next expansion.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
It was shit and like every zone that requires a key still requires one because of dumb fuck TLP server coding where Daybreak/SOE made it so that things "unlock" 30 days after set expansions come out instead of the day they come out, AKA long past Miragul's life expectancy. Highlight was Underfoot being open but The Hole being locked because Naggy/Vox hadn't been killed yet, that got taken care of by some shrouds but just highlights some of the dumbfuckery.

This was always a half baked server though that they slapped together to release as part of EQ2's 15th anniversary, and in their defense, it is still less retarded than EQ2 releasing a new Live server for the 200 people that still play it.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I thought what the hell, and created a character on the Miragul server to see how many people were on there. Then I spent the next thirty minutes looking at all of the activate-able AAs, Combat Abilities, and spells I had on the character. I attempted to organize it all in hotbars, but after a while, I was like, "Yep. This right here is exactly why I hate modern EQ." I logged out, and said fuck that.

For those that like modern EQ, more power to you. As for me, I don't want a dozen fucking hotbars filled with shit to click on. I don't want to have to become a genius of my chosen class just to be average. I play this games to .... *shocker here* ... RELAX AND HAVE FUN.

Now that I remember what modern EQ is like, I doubt I will even log back in to my characters I recently created on FV. Just knowing that at a certain level it will go to that makes me not want to play it.

Well... I suppose in a year when my memory fades again, I will be back to play EQ for a while again lol.