Everquest Nerd Rage Logs

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Like I said before, I don't know these guys past. I just know that what I saw on that video was fucking wrong. He wasn't doing anything to anybody.

What Rogean did in that situation would be akin to walking by a bum on the street, and slapping the food out of his hand and stomping on it in front of him. Then people come along and defend it saying things like, "yeah he had it coming because he begged for money on the street corner, and it pisses me off when I drive by in my mercedes and have to see him."

There's a line that normal people don't cross. No matter how much someone "deserves" it in your mind. You don't cross some lines. What Rogean did was cross that line. He crossed the line between normal respectful people to fucking duchebag asshole.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Are you aware they censored firesofheaven and replaced it with ******* and went after ppl doing it for a while when a bunch of their scum got leaked here?

The people running it are far from above being able to judge others or treat people like this in a justified or self righteous manner.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I hate to quote my dad here, but two wrongs don't make a right. I actually really dig P99 but have never really been able to take it seriously because it's just some dudes toy when it all comes down to it. Apparently he's willing to lend you that toy then smack it out of your hand whenever.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
sounds like p99 attracts a certain type of person.
I’m not saying what Rogean did was alright but it’s important we all remember that the folks who play on P99 aren’t people.

• 6Like
  • 6Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So anyone with a previous record on other games, years ago should be investigated and summoned around and killed by mobs?

I got a feeling if those kind of lights got turned on, there'd be under 100 remaining.

If someone makes a living stealing from other people, then fuck yes I'm ok with them being summoned killed in a video game.

Grow a pair of balls you giant pussy

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The people getting fucked with on P99 and the like servers are a bunch of Dindunuffin's 99% of the time. I leveled 1-58 there, raided, got epic'd, and had plenty of other guild interactions. My one and only run in with a GM was a corpse summon when I bugged out under the world.

You don't get in the cross hairs of GM's unless you put yourself there.

I felt the same way about normal eq until... aradune launch maybe? Anyone actively punished always had something going on. I was constantly in the most toxic guilds and had a littany of forum bans and didn't get touched in game because I never scammed or trained, just raced and shittalked. They hired new staff at some point though and you had shit like bobby suspended for boxing when he was streaming.

On p99 "putting yourself in the cross hairs of gms" seemed to mean being in a rival guild or contesting an rmt camp. It's probably a lot better now, but it was some real degens at the getgo, and the people (term used useless for p99 player) being hit were people I knew were clean.

If someone makes a living stealing from other people, then fuck yes I'm ok with them being summoned killed in a video game.

Grow a pair of balls you giant pussy

Cops are not allowed to just fuck with career criminals like towing their car a few blocks or throwing people in the paddy wagon and then releasing them in the middle of bumblefuck. You just arrest em. Same deal here. Just ban em. What happened was some kind of epeen power play. Just remove them from the game and be done with it.

• 2Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These crack heads were banned from P99 for scamming, abuse, and harassment. They "snuck back in" and got roughed up by a bouncer before being tossed out on the street.

What's the problem here?

• 2Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Should have let him play his character and fucked him after a much greater time investment. Level 7-8-9 was barely anything.

Still makes me feel a bit awkward watching him cry at the end. For all the hilarious and scammy shit they’ve done, he was harmless eating powdered donuts and talking about cat shit while playing the game. This is as good as this guys life will ever get. That is living in a motel paid by DSS and playing EverQuest and munching on soft foods.

• 2Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Should have let him play his character and fucked him after a much greater time investment. Level 7-8-9 was barely anything.

Still makes me feel a bit awkward watching him cry at the end. For all the hilarious and scammy shit they’ve done, he was harmless eating powdered donuts and talking about cat shit while playing the game. This is as good as this guys life will ever get. Which is living in a motel paid by DSS and playing EverQuest and munching on soft foods.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Cops are not allowed to just fuck with career criminals like towing their car a few blocks or throwing people in the paddy wagon and then releasing them in the middle of bumblefuck. You just arrest em. Same deal here. Just ban em. What happened was some kind of epeen power play. Just remove them from the game and be done with it.

Nah, if they were just exploiters or whatever then I'd agree. But repeatedly scamming other peoples money?

Fuck 'em. Killing their character in a video game is way less than they deserve

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

Except P99 is a private server, GMs on the server aren't police they're more like bouncers. Better analogy, P99 is a bar. The twins have been getting kicked out of bars for a decade because they're always causing fights and stealing drinks. You're suggesting the bar owner needs to wait till they start a fight or steal some drinks to throw them out. I think that's fucking retarded.

• 2Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No I am suggesting you just throw them out instead of fucking with them. Using your analogy, the owner personally came and spat in his drink instead of removing him. Just remove him. If his screen went dc and it was like fuck banned again, ZERO issue. It's the whole fucking with people thing that I'm talking about is all.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Whoah whoah... wait. Question.

So Rogean wasn't trolling him? Because he gave him 100% res and summoned his corpse back in the video. What's the big meltdown? He should feel good to be a newb and be trolled like that by the big guy. I must be missing something~

It looked like he 100% ressed him in Steamfont and that one corpse that was summoned there had gear on it, it 'looked like'.

Unless it was like... Rogean killed him in PoF, and that corpse was in PoF and the dude has no friends at all to help him get his gear back as it rots in PoF? And that's what the meltdown is about? Then what were the summoned corpses at his feet? I'm confuzzled!

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
Whoah whoah... wait. Question.

So Rogean wasn't trolling him? Because he gave him 100% res and summoned his corpse back in the video. What's the big meltdown? He should feel good to be a newb and be trolled like that by the big guy. I must be missing something~

It looked like he 100% ressed him in Steamfont and that one corpse that was summoned there had gear on it, it 'looked like'.

Unless it was like... Rogean killed him in PoF, and that corpse was in PoF and the dude has no friends at all to help him get his gear back as it rots in PoF? And that's what the meltdown is about? Then what were the summoned corpses at his feet? I'm confuzzled!
From what it clearly looked like, he destroyed his corpse with all his gear on it making it extra dickish. I could get on board with summon to plane of fear then 100% res as trolling, but the whole "I'm gonna summon you to plane of fear to die" followed by "just trolling here's a res" proceeded by a "haha jk fuck you I am destroying your corpse with all your gear" is absolutely psychotic. You can even see in Ryan's body language that he is frustrated about the summoning to PoF, but then lightens up a little and accepts the 100% reses but then becomes devastated when he tries to loot his gear and his corpse pops. I bet you anything Rogean was watching his stream and enjoying being able to torture him seeing his live reaction, like a kid torturing a small animal - really disgusting behavior. It was a complete power trip of "I am not only going to mess with this guy and play with his emotions while I can watch his reaction live, but embarrass him in front of his 100 viewers and show everyone how powerful I am" move.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I don't think that them "deserving it," excludes the people delivering it from also being pieces of shit. That's all anyone is really saying.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

0x808080

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The twins are very much wrapped up in what they have or are capable of getting. I don't think getting summoned and dying was so much a driver for the meltdown as it was realizing that the tiny amount of stuff he had in p99 was just deleted by a GM who was fucking with him (hence the homeless f-slur parallel). As someone who was aware of their exploits but has watched them for a few days it was really hard to watch when Ryan broke down. I hope they can get the help they need.

• 3Like