Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
AJ isn't so bad when the entire guild is in 2 picks mass clearing the FV zone. Problem is, a guild that size needs a whole lot of AJs.

25 hours is acceptable, no? I mean, that's the deal. It is the suck in near perfection.

I tend to favor the 10+ hour chunk model. But that can mean a lot of chunkage. Days. What ya gonna do?

Are such mobs properly GM'd? (sorry if this question triggered anybody)

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
We've had people suspended over AJ's on Agnarr. I watched a lot of people MQ warp to it on Mangler (HEY MABBU) and they got away scott-free.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I WILL say, that MOST guilds bind in the tunnel in FV, so that's not unusual for some one to pull it there for the guild to kill it if they can. However, watching a group of 3 players, a warrior, cleric, and wizard instantly teleport into the middle of the ocean in FV with an AJ en tow is not that.

sigh. I wanted to come back. this pandemic is starting to freak me out; disappearing into ye olde timesuck was starting to sound appealing. but i can't abide warping. fuck this year.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nate

Molten Core Raider
It took me 25 hours to get my Ancient Jarsath on phinny (no spawns in that timeframe), about how many would I expect to see on Aradune in the same time period?

In my experience, clearing all the dogs and whatever else spawns on that side of the river makes him spawn much faster. With a bard, wiz, ench, cleric you can keep the whole area clean and I’d say we got one every 2 hours or so. I helped do probably 10-15 AJs over the course of a couple days on the last tlp I played on.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I really don't want to go digging for it. I'm 99% that around the time the spawn timers on the groundspawns in SONH and Kaesora were reduced AJ had his spawn chance increased.

We did the clearing strat for hours upon hours on Ragefire and it didn't make shit all difference vs just AFKing by the tunnel and waiting for the zone population to fight itself out.

EDIT: Never doubt the power of autism
April 2016
- We have reduced the time needed to gather the keys to Veeshan's Peak in the following ways:
- - Reduced the respawn timer on the Top Shard of the Jarsath Medallion by half.
- - An ancient Jarsath is now about three times as likely to spawn rather than a placeholder.
- - The bloodgill marauder will respawn twice as fast.
- - Verix Kylox's Remains is now almost twice as likely to spawn rather than a placeholder.
- - The shard of the Kylong medallion that spawns in the Kaesora library will respawn twice as fast.
- - The rotting skeleton has had its chance to spawn instead of a placeholder slightly increased.
- - The pained soul has had its chance to spawn instead of a placeholder slightly increased.

These changes happened about 70% through Kunark on Phinny, long after most of AoS had gone through the keying process. So confirmed, back in my day we actually did walk uphill both ways in the snow to key for VP.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah the DZ version reflects whatever the live version is. I haven’t heard any more than rumors on the ST thing. On a long enough timeline we will see DPG cave on almost all player demands. Usually they say something is impossible or not in the spirit of the game for 1-2 years before giving in.

When are they going to fix all these fucked up epic spawns? 3 day spawn for final sk epic fight.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
?

While it still looks really low, you should still get it done in a third of the time

My numbers are made up but you wouldn't put in the notes "increased chance of AJ to spawn by .002 percent." Three times the AJs is still a bunch of shit and the whole thing is ass.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
When are they going to fix all these fucked up epic spawns? 3 day spawn for final sk epic fight.

Probably not this round. They lost some people this year and it's time for them to be putting all effort into the expansion. It seems like most TLP changes come March to July or so.

Plus, Ngreth seems to be one of the most involved in TLP stuff and he doesn't appear to be in favor of making things like that easier in general.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i made an account after not playing for 17 years or so.

Enchanter named Whidon on Aradune.

If anyone could help me out with some basic newbie stuff. buffs, or especially wants to group up for some newbie/lowbie stuff this weekend that would be really cool.

Sadly i totally forgot how to get around Felwith. Was not exactly a place i visited often lol.

Can i still buy the 40 slot bag + exp potions thingy? I don't see it in marketplace.

• 3Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So i made an account after not playing for 17 years or so.

Enchanter named Whidon on Aradune.

If anyone could help me out with some basic newbie stuff. buffs, or especially wants to group up for some newbie/lowbie stuff this weekend that would be really cool.

Sadly i totally forgot how to get around Felwith. Was not exactly a place i visited often lol.

Can i still buy the 40 slot bag + exp potions thingy? I don't see it in marketplace.
When I'm back from vacation and on hit me up, Gausbert and I can send you some plat to get some gear and such

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
When I'm back from vacation and on hit me up, Gausbert and I can send you some plat to get some gear and such

Sweet, thanks.

Hopefully EQ has a friends list lol.

Is it worth it to keep stuff like bonechips CB belts ect... to sell? Or should i just turn them in for quests. bad space is already rough

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Sweet, thanks.

Is it worth it to keep stuff like bonechips CB belts ect... to sell? Or should i just turn them in for quests. bad space is already rough

I'd keep the bone chips. I think pads and belts exp were nerfed into the ground and not worth the trouble.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sweet, thanks.

Bone chips and spider silk sell for about .5-1p per piece if you are looking to get money that route. Or just drop the $11 and buy a krono, net you about 6kpp right now, though that varies by the day. The krono to get that price go on ectunnel and buy it. I've used that site a ton in the past 6 months and only had 1 problem and that was with a PL service. Krono I've bought have always gone really well.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Sweet, thanks.

Questing as a source of exp is bad, soloing as a source of exp is bad, grouping is very very good.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity