Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Nate

Molten Core Raider
Not sure how many of you were pals with Kontra but he passed. Link to thread on EQ forums. Have known him since the start of Phinigel and he was a genuine dude and a real character. This really sucks.
Damn. Dude was a real character. I haven’t played with him since selo launch but he really made me laugh during my time in AoS. Rip man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I pretty much despised him for the first month of aradune and then he slowly grew on me. He he had some cold takes and flimsy logic at times, but he definitely didnt care about rocking the boat or shitting on people. Rip.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Iksar or Ogre Sk my dudes? I always go Ogre but kinda wanna try something new. I love dat Frontal stun tho.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Iksar or Ogre Sk my dudes? I always go Ogre but kinda wanna try something new. I love dat Frontal stun tho.
Ogre if you're a boss-ass tank SK who ain't need no stuns. Iksar or Erudite or Dark Elf if you're some wanna-be-DPS SK who stacks int like a cloth wearing nancy wizard bitch.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Iksar, newness is good and dat regen. Ogre stun resist is so OP in the earlygame though before AAs.

I'm figuring out if I want to go SK or necro for the next TLP (if I have time for it). Played both before (to 65 and 60 respectively), love both, in the mood for a shadowy character. Can't decide, but I've got at least a few months.

If I go necro I'm considering running a double-necro setup and just soloing the F out of EQ.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haven't been in a raiding guild for many years, running into guild leader PMS. Dude is harassing people about rolling on ETOV and WTOV armor, harassing people about their DPS on trash, and just being a general dick in voice chat. He has his funny moments, but hope this dude goes of the rag soon. Velious is not serious content no need for this type of stuff IMO.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Haven't been in a raiding guild for many years, running into guild leader PMS. Dude is harassing people about rolling on ETOV and WTOV armor, harassing people about their DPS on trash, and just being a general dick in voice chat. He has his funny moments, but hope this dude goes of the rag soon. Velious is not serious content no need for this type of stuff IMO.
Who is the guild leader ? What guild?

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Iksar, newness is good and dat regen. Ogre stun resist is so OP in the earlygame though before AAs.

I'm figuring out if I want to go SK or necro for the next TLP (if I have time for it). Played both before (to 65 and 60 respectively), love both, in the mood for a shadowy character. Can't decide, but I've got at least a few months.

If I go necro I'm considering running a double-necro setup and just soloing the F out of EQ.

Iksar is best necro imo, for SK's Troll is in theory the best but early on game meta there are different play styles I always did DELF. frontal stun immunity comes in AA i think in POP.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Iksar is best necro imo, for SK's Troll is in theory the best but early on game meta there are different play styles I always did DELF. frontal stun immunity comes in AA i think in POP.
Heh, first AA isn't until oow and it doesn't get to 100% until underfoot. That's ages for aradune/rizlona. Ogre is clearly the min/max choice

• 1Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Heh, first AA isn't until oow and it doesn't get to 100% until underfoot. That's ages for aradune/rizlona. Ogre is clearly the min/max choice

My argument AGAINST frontal stun immunity mattering for SK is that
A) for the broad spectrum of raid activities the SK is not the main tank
AND
b) The SK agro capabilities are so superior it doesnt really matter

So the frontal stun is really a niche benefit -- and that the broader INT + regen capabilities of the troll provide a more balanced SK, or the DELF approach min/maxes properly a DPS specced glass cannon.

Again all nuances and different playstyles which is one of the things I appreciate most about SK is theres multiple ways to play them

Xevy

Log Wizard
But if you're in a group you ARE tanking and you want your spells to land. Especially if you're doing some duo shenanigans. Hitting your unholy lifetaps on oh shit situations is very important. Also before quicker FD's, getting stunned while catching FD is important.

Troll regen is worthless after luclin and arguably worthless during it except maybe for Lady Nev. And the int caps from other races are worthless once you hit Luclin and max stats.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone interested in a bulk Krono purchase? I believe I have 40 to sell. $350 for all?

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
My argument AGAINST frontal stun immunity mattering for SK is that
A) for the broad spectrum of raid activities the SK is not the main tank
AND
b) The SK agro capabilities are so superior it doesnt really matter

So the frontal stun is really a niche benefit -- and that the broader INT + regen capabilities of the troll provide a more balanced SK, or the DELF approach min/maxes properly a DPS specced glass cannon.

Again all nuances and different playstyles which is one of the things I appreciate most about SK is theres multiple ways to play them

I would agree that Trolls are better for leveling and probably early xpacs to some degree, but by late Velious int and regen won't matter much at all, and you still have five expansions to go until you can even get 50% immunity. Also, group play if you're pushing the edge it matters a little to not be interrupted.

In the end, though, yeah, whatever makes you happy.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Another thing to consider is that each month you get 500 daybreak cash for having a subscription and a race change is 2250 DBC (or between 20 and 25 dollars). For some people it's no big thing to just change each expansion to whatever is the most convenient.

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
I really don't think stun immunity really matters. I can't recall a time where a raid wiped because I as a DE SK got stunned. Like "o crap if only I didn't get stunned for 0.5 sec I could have done something to save the raid from wiping."

Equally unlikely in a group scenario. If your group is dying or wiping because your non-Ogre tank got stunned the group is doing something wrong.

These tiny racial advantages are so minimal it doesn't really matter too much, aside from DE having more Mana pool and likely able to do slightly more DPS.