Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Haven't they tried the race v race server and it just turned into an unbalanced clusterfuck with Evil faction ruling most of the server?

Kinda like WoW PvP players tend to gravitate toward a server where their faction is dominant.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Sullon Zek was indeed heavily biased towards evils both for aesthetic reasons as well as geographic ones. Ogres, Trolls, Dark Elves and all the evil humans have easy access to prime real estate.

herbert

Trakanon Raider
Evil dominated SZ because necros and SKs are OP PVP classes that were only available to the evil team. Everyone knew this on day 1 and hence evil had a much larger population than the other two factions combined. Evil team attracted people who wanted to win with a handicap. On the other hand, the neutral team attracted holier-than-thou self-proclaimed "PVP expert" hipster types, while good team attracted newbs, masochists, trolls, and hackers. Actually, I guess every team had their fair share of hackers.

Druids paladins and rangers are OK and came into their own later on but don't stack up to the OP evil classes. Especially in terms of generating killshots, which SZ explicitly rewarded with coins and iirc a leaderboard. Geared paladins were nearly unkillable towards the end of SZ life but then again so are clerics and no one raced to play them in PVP because they aren't good at killing other toons.

Necro/SK had unresistable/nearly unresistable taps/spears/dots and also lifeburn/HT, and that is the fundamental reason why SZ was an unbalanced shit show.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
the sad reality that i came to with eq while leveling to 50 on aradune with 3 members of my team ld then in queue for 12 hours the entire way- eq isn’t ready for success. Any opportunities thrown their way will be squandered. They are built for mediocrity.
The fact we still hang around is why pantheon will be successful if it ever launched, time doesn’t matter we are all stuck in a weird time loop.

I had the same realization at around the same time. Here we had a massive amount of interest being generated by new servers. Tons of people returning to the game, despite a complete lack of marketing. Just word of mouth and people loyal to EQ bringing the game back to life once again. ...and then nobody could get on, and their solution seemed to be "well, enough people will give up over the next few weeks that the server capacity will stabilize".

They weren't prepared for success, and didn't even open the door for it to come in. That was the moment I realized EQ is never going to have any big resurgence, or be competitive, or rise as a franchise. There's no care. At least until people on this forum pool their Bitcoin profits and buy the game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Evil dominated SZ because necros and SKs are OP PVP classes that were only available to the evil team. Everyone knew this on day 1 and hence evil had a much larger population than the other two factions combined. Evil team attracted people who wanted to win with a handicap. On the other hand, the neutral team attracted holier-than-thou self-proclaimed "PVP expert" hipster types, while good team attracted newbs, masochists, trolls, and hackers. Actually, I guess every team had their fair share of hackers.

Druids paladins and rangers are OK and came into their own later on but don't stack up to the OP evil classes. Especially in terms of generating killshots, which SZ explicitly rewarded with coins and iirc a leaderboard. Geared paladins were nearly unkillable towards the end of SZ life but then again so are clerics and no one raced to play them in PVP because they aren't good at killing other toons.

Necro/SK had unresistable/nearly unresistable taps/spears/dots and also lifeburn/HT, and that is the fundamental reason why SZ was an unbalanced shit show.
Fear with no type of Diminishing Return or break, lol so good.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I had the same realization at around the same time. Here we had a massive amount of interest being generated by new servers. Tons of people returning to the game, despite a complete lack of marketing. Just word of mouth and people loyal to EQ bringing the game back to life once again. ...and then nobody could get on, and their solution seemed to be "well, enough people will give up over the next few weeks that the server capacity will stabilize".

They weren't prepared for success, and didn't even open the door for it to come in. That was the moment I realized EQ is never going to have any big resurgence, or be competitive, or rise as a franchise. There's no care. At least until people on this forum pool their Bitcoin profits and buy the game.
Most people who play TLPs have no desire to play a game like Pantheon that strives to be 'hardcore' like the original EQ, the TLP crowd likes instances, pickzones and steamrolling raids while semi afk. Pantheons audience is the 1500 people who still play P99.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

herbert

Trakanon Raider
People who want to play an MMO without instancing can go play on an era-locked private server and enjoy a permanent 4-6 guild GM-enforced rotation. Yep, killing the only relevant content in the game once every 2-3 months, for years at a time.

Have fun with that.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Most people who play TLPs have no desire to play a game like Pantheon that strives to be 'hardcore' like the original EQ, the TLP crowd likes instances, pickzones and steamrolling raids while semi afk. Pantheons audience is the 1500 people who still play P99.

You don't have time to afk on p99 raids because the raid mobs die in under 1 minute. You don't even have to get resist gear or worry about dodging because the AE's are irrelevant. Due to how pathing/pulling works on there you can also single pull any non-rooted raid mob to anywhere you want without aggro'ing anything else. Don't know how you can consider p99 raiding "hardcore" lol. Raid mobs on p99 are the equivalent to a trash mob inside of a raid zone on a TLP.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
You don't have time to afk on p99 raids because the raid mobs die in under 1 minute. You don't even have to get resist gear or worry about dodging because the AE's are irrelevant. Due to how pathing/pulling works on there you can also single pull any non-rooted raid mob to anywhere you want without aggro'ing anything else. Don't know how you can consider p99 raiding "hardcore" lol. Raid mobs on p99 are the equivalent to a trash mob inside of a raid zone on a TLP.
I don't consider it hardcore, I consider it 'hardcore' in the sense that it is ultra contested and just a huge poop sock to get anything, which is basically the design philosophy of pantheon.

Not instancing stuff and making it all about the soft pvp of limited spawns and competition like original EQ is totally what P99 is about. Modern EQ TLPs are way closer to classic/tbc/wotlk wow in terms of raid game than they are to what pantheon is aspiring to I think.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't consider it hardcore, I consider it 'hardcore' in the sense that it is ultra contested and just a huge poop sock to get anything, which is basically the design philosophy of pantheon.

Not instancing stuff and making it all about the soft pvp of limited spawns and competition like original EQ is totally what P99 is about. Modern EQ TLPs are way closer to classic/tbc/wotlk wow in terms of raid game than they are to what pantheon is aspiring to I think.

I feel like p99 is more politics than anything. That's the game you are playing on there in the raid scene, just a politics game. FTE rules have always been shit design and from my perspective created and implemented in to some games to cater to bad players who cry too much. Since you are forbidden from DPS racing you never have the live action calls/plays and fun that a raid v raid DPS race will give you.

• 1Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>

Maybe if we truly love it we need to organize to have everyone stop playing until it goes bankrupt and then buy it.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't trust any of you cucks to run it any better. At best we get a golden showered theme for the next expansion, but more likely is that firiona sports a dong or its resold to some sjws.

• 1Solidarity

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Competition is what made EQ, EQ. Working with your team to beat the other guilds and players to an objective was half the fun. Take away the competition between guilds and players and EQ is just a shit game.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I don't trust any of you cucks to run it any better. At best we get a golden showered theme for the next expansion, but more likely is that firiona sports a dong or its resold to some sjws.

"Firiona sports a dong" would get EQ so much mainstream coverage from Kotaku etc with headlines like "One of the MMO greats makes a MUCH-needed and long-overdue change". Washington Post might even cover it if the head dev was a lady. "A Female Game Developer Took A Bold Step. Online Trolls Called Her Names."

• 1Worf

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
"Firiona sports a dong" would get EQ so much mainstream coverage from Kotaku etc with headlines like "One of the MMO greats makes a MUCH-needed and long-overdue change". Washington Post might even cover it if the head dev was a trans-lady.
FTFY.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

What's sad is that evil despite the massive handicap probably had the most hackers. Speedd aka Kirban being the most infamous of them. And ya, SK's and Necro's are just stupidly broken in pvp to the point that it's just super dumb and I can't imagine how the other teams tolerated it.

herbert

Trakanon Raider
What's sad is that evil despite the massive handicap probably had the most hackers. Speedd aka Kirban being the most infamous of them. And ya, SK's and Necro's are just stupidly broken in pvp to the point that it's just super dumb and I can't imagine how the other teams tolerated it.

I played in the same guild as you, I think. If your toon was Lumie (iirc?) iksar warrior?